Giants Offensive Coordinator Kevin Gilbride announced his retirement Thursday

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Playoffs, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Giants Offensive Coordinator Kevin Gilbride announced his retirement Thursday
    :trophy: :trophy:

:tiphat:

2. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I always liked Gilbride, especially the way he handled himself after the Buddy Ryan debacle. He did some great things with the Oilers and of course the Giants.

I think his job was in jeopardy anyway and he might have seen the writing on the wall.

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

wow...seems like just yesterday that he was a young coordinator trying to make a name for himself in the NFL. I didn't realize that he'd been around for so long. Looking at his wiki, he started coaching in the '70's! Interesting that he started off as a coach on the defensive side of the ball.

You could tell that the Buddy punch-attempt still bothers him when they interviewed for the Houston '93 documentary. You know he wishes he could do that all over again. He would have laid that old bastard out if given the chance back then.

I had completely forgotten that he'd been a head coach for the Chargers for two seasons (fired during the second one).

4. kingtexan

kingtexan Hall of Fame

At the end in Houston he was horrible, and Buddy had every right to go after him that game. It was good that he got back to form with the Giants though. When he was on in Houston, some of those Moon led teams were awesome. Time to take it easy and enjoy the fruits of his labor.

5. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Great man. Was thrilled to see him win two SB trophies. Always wished he would have gotten another shot at a HC position after the SD thing didn't work out. His son will be making a name for himself in the near future I suspect. He is a member of the NY Giants staff as well.