Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Giants defense fakes injury to stop no huddle offense

Blake

MMQB
This is classless. Video clearly shows Deon Grant getting a signal to take a spill to stop the offense. The NFL had to do something about that BS.

Those two looked like those fainting goats. :smiliepalm:

fainting_goats_08.gif

Give Roger Goodell credit for this: When he thinks something is amiss in the NFL, he acts swiftly.

In a memo sent out Wednesday to all 32 teams, the league warned that faking injuries during games could lead to fines, suspensions and a loss of draft picks.

The memo comes two days after two New York Giants players, including cornerback Deon Grant(notes), were accused of faking injuries to slow down the St. Louis Rams no-huddle offense. In insisting he wasn't faking, Grant comes across as credible as a fifth-grader explaining why he doesn't have his homework.

Goodell and the league office didn't buy it and responded quickly, before the NFL saw more diving than a World Cup game.

The memo reads, in part:

"Going forward, be advised that should the league office determine that there is reasonable cause, all those suspected of being involved in faking injuries will be summoned promptly to this office … to discuss the matter. Those found to be violators will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action for conduct detrimental to the game.

"We have been fortunate that teams and players have consistently complied with the spirit of the rule over the years and this has not been an issue for the NFL. We are determined to take all necessary steps to ensure that it does not become an issue."

Deadspin thinks they're empty words. Really? In the recent past, Goodell has shown his fondness for levying fines based on perception, so this is a perfect template for him. All those fines for illegal hits show the commissioner doesn't care about the intent of an action. A dirty hit is a dirty hit, even if you didn't mean it. Thus, if it looks like you've faked an injury for a competitive advantage, then that's what Goodell is going to believe. When has a player's denial mattered at all in terms of how much he's fined?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...at-faking-injuries-could-lead-?urn=nfl-wp7627

the Oilers were never that bad at faking LOL (didn't they do that against Cincy ?)

I say take them out the rest of the drive. Too hurt to get off the field? Too hurt to play the possession.

This is classless. Video clearly shows Deon Grant getting a signal to take a spill to stop the offense. The NFL had to do something about that BS.
I don't think it was just aimed at Grant. The other guy going down and hopping right back up is what really blew it up. Yeah, it sucks, but I'm still laughing my azz off at both of them taking a dive.
As my old Pappy always said (in his finest Foghorn Leghorn voice), "Bowahh, I say bowahh, if ya ain'ta cheatin', you just ain'ta tryin', bowahh".

I don't think it was just aimed at Grant. The other guy going down and hopping right back up is what really blew it up. Yeah, it sucks, but I'm still laughing my azz off at both of them taking a dive.
As my old Pappy always said (in his finest Foghorn Leghorn voice), "Bowahh, I say bowahh, if ya ain'ta cheatin', you just ain'ta tryin', bowahh".

Standing around the line of scrimmage waiting for the other team to line up and THEN fainting (or whatever they called it) is kinda a dead giveaway.

At least act like you're trying to limp off the field and you can't quite get to the sideline.

The owners have only themselves to blame. This is obviously a direct result of no OTAs because I'm absolutely sure that this sort of "method acting" would have been covered in one of the defensive sessions
:D

Doesn't really deter teams from doing it if they can throw a scrub player out there to take the fall.

That's just it...

The D can't substitute when the offense is going no huddle...how would you get the scrub in the game?

I've been wanting the Texans to do some of this (no huddle offense not flopping). Use James Casey out wide to get a D to go nickle or dime and then bring him back to FB and pound the ball from the no huddle against the favorable matchups.

Señor Stan;1781413 said:
That's just it...

The D can't substitute when the offense is going no huddle...how would you get the scrub in the game?

I've been wanting the Texans to do some of this (no huddle offense not flopping). Use James Casey out wide to get a D to go nickle or dime and then bring him back to FB and pound the ball from the no huddle against the favorable matchups.

Agreed, they cant sub in a 4th string guy, but they do designate the worst, or most expendable player.

Dolphins running back Reggie Bush said a coach "just designates a guy who fakes an injury. It's usually not a captain of the team. It's a guy who's expendable."

LINK

The NYG training staff has freed up money to hire it's newest consultant, Benny hinn. I've seen better acting on melrose place.

Back