Giants complain about Leach contract

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Buffi2, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

I don't know if this belongs here - feel free to change it.

The NY Giants complained to the league over the Texans changing some of the language in Leach's contract.

link

The question asked was why the Texans were allowed to change some of the language while other teams weren't.

As a follow up....here

Looks like the Texans pulled off a little coup.

Lucky likes this.
  2. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

It seems like the links dont work.
    Or is it just me?

3. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/12/what_to_do_with_carr_is_the_qu.html

That's why we got him.

4. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

The links do not work.

:crying: This what the giants looklike by even saying this.

5. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

Must be why we have been able to be so busy during free agency also. Before the FA period started I thought that the Texans wouldn't be doing much and the Titans would be spending that 40 mil. that their fans were bragging about. I am glad it turned out to be the other way around. This FO seems to really be able to do more with less. I hope they can turn that up a notch when we get rid of Charlies dead cap money.

Double Barrel likes this.
  6. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I agree. We're slated to have quite a lot of cap room next season & it will be interesting to see how Smith & Co. spend it. I've been impressed with how this FO has done thus far & hopefully they'll be just as impressive in the draft this year.

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

This year Schaub is our second round player and next year we do not have a 2nd round pick either but I expect us to sign an impact FA with the extra cap space and that will help us sooth the loss of the pick.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Good post, and I agree 100%. I was actually a bit concerned about the Titans having $40 million in cap room, because the potential implications of adding top talent around their core group of players could be devastating to our division.

Fortunately, the Titans have done the exact opposite by losing talent and doing very little with the cap room. And our Texans have been actively making deals that won't hurt the team in the long run.

9. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

That's an interesting point I had not considered. I was intially pretty upset at losing the 2nd rounder for next year because of the crop of RBs that were slated to go pro, and I felt that would be the time to address bringing in the eventual successor to Green. I also feel that we'll likely be looking for a legit #2 WR next season, and having two big needs like that was a bit disturbing to me.

I hadn't considered that the Texans could make a big FA acquisition like a wideout to play along side AJ or a RB that might hit the market. That would allow us to address the other pressing need with our first pick.

10. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Hey the Titans lost their best defensive player , best rb , top 2 wrs .

The Texans ... we hope upgraded at QB , RB , CB , OL , and OLB . We still need some upgrades at these positions but we're not desperate . :texflag:

An after thought is the Titans are going to be pretty desperate for a RB . So you take AD if he's there or if AD is gone and you trade make it with a team that wants Lynch and block the Titans .

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I am hoping this scenario works and we can get a 2nd or even a third. If thing break just right we can get a good CB (Brevis) and maybe Steve Smith or A. Gonzales WR in 2nd or if we have 2 thirds and no 2nd maybe a Jason Hill WR & Sabby Piscatelli FS. We can really plug some weaknesses.