Get Your Fire OB Soap Here

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by False Start, Oct 9, 2016.

1. False Start

False Start On # 69

Ok, it's not the best of my work, but I'm working with an old ass version of PS. So for all the OB haters (like me) here is the soap. :littlelol:

[​IMG]

2. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

Id like the fire godsey scented version if possible and maybe some "bench brock" hand sanitizer. Thanks!

3. banned1976

banned1976 American

I could use a fire Rick Smith loofah to scrub my nether ye. Thanks!

4. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Can I have a new owner while you're at it?

5. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Not an OB hater. In fact, probably his biggest supporter during the time that he has been here.

When we fired Kubiak this is the guy I wanted. We got him. I was wrong.

I thought OB's offensive schemes were brilliant. I'm also a HS coach, and at this point I'm forced to admit that may be the level of football that his schemes would be most effective at.

We gave him a shot. It's not working. His "gameplan" offense is nothing that a good HS DC couldn't slow down. I'm off the bandwagon.

6. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

I want to see where we're at two weeks from now before joining. If we lose to Indy & Denver I'm likely with ya'll.

macho grande and thunderkyss like this.
  7. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

The problem may not be O'Brien's scheme, but more like his decision making and management. Need having the personnel groupings ready? I never thought I'd see that.

TxnsJuggernaut and macho grande like this.
  8. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

The Denver game is Judgement Day. Both teams have a statement to make on a national stage.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

I'm still going to wait. I'll join if we're under .500 before the bye. we might lose the next two, go to 3-4 but we better win against the Lions to get to 4-4 at the bye.

after the bye, we're going to have to go 5-3, just to get to 9-7 (& as weak as this division is, I don't think 9-7 wins the division)

we'll have 5 games on the road, Jacksonville, Oakland, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Tennessee

only 3 games at home San Diego, Jacksonville, Bengals

it would really be nice to go in to the bye at 6-2 or 5-3

macho grande likes this.
  10. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

Primetime game. Maybe the best defense we'll face. A hc and d coordinator with an axe to grind. What could possibly go wrong?

My only really question is will we fire and demote people directly after that game or wait till the bye week?

dinolord05, TexansFight and Speedy like this.

11. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

I'm not ready to buy soap yet, I just want to ride it out and see how awful it can possibly get

PapaL, TexansBull and thunderkyss like this.
  12. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Obrien's downfall has been has godawful choice of pathetic Qb's.

TexansFight likes this.
  13. JamTex

JamTex All Pro Texans Fan!

The awful offensive play calling in this Vikings game should warrant a clean up now. I'll have a bar of "fire all offensive coordinators and assistants" soap. Clean house and bring in some coaches and coordinators that know what the hell they're doing.

TexansFight likes this.
  14. False Start

False Start On # 69

Like the old saying, "it's like a bad car wreck, you cant look away." I watch every second of every game. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. :choke:

I've gotten to the point to when the other teams make a big play that leaves me saying WTF? All I can do is laugh about it, say fk it and shrug it off. Like today on the punt return by Marcus Sherels, I literally just busted out laughing. :lol:

Scooter and ROO like this.
  15. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I was exactly like that with the Oilers. Unfortunately with the Texans my sense of humor is starting to wear thin. I'm not really a sports fan, the only sport I even have the slightest interest in is pro football, if Houston has a team. Or if the Cougs are doing anything. I was a big fan of the Oilers and Gamblers at the same time, and we once had an Arena team which didn't last very long.

I think all those years and the drama of the Oilers, and now the crap going on now, my sense of appreciation of Houston foolball is waning. And no, that wasn't a misspelling. LOL

Double Barrel and False Start like this.
  16. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Wherever I was, I was more than likely drunk
    I don't know if I want the soap or not yet, but...

... oh man I'm close. Too much to say but want to enjoy my evening

macho grande likes this.
  17. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

Who hired Obrien and has been here the longest and brought in BO. Get rid of who brought in BOBOB. And don't tell me ohhhh we can't blame him. McNair wanted him. A real GM takes control and tells McNair to let him do the job he was hired to do

18. JamTex

JamTex All Pro Texans Fan!

I can't say my love for Texans football is waning, but my patience is certainly wearing thin. It's time to put a program together that actually has a chance at winning. Not just token Division wins and championships with a 9-7 record, but meaningful game and playoff wins. We as fans deserve that much. We've been through way too much for way too long.

19. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Wherever I was, I was more than likely drunk
    Someone needs to tell McNair to do it like he did his business and hire someone and get out of the way... :kitten:

Regrettably, someone told him to get a football guy... his football guy is Cal/Ricky

False Start likes this.
  20. Max

Max All Pro

It looks like I'm in the minority but I'm nowhere near ready to fire BOB, but maybe I have a different perspective. I believe that long term success comes with patience -- patience with your coach and with your players. There is a time to cut bait, but we're 5 games into a season with new players at nearly every skilled position.

I'm not high on BOB at the moment. I said elsewhere that he looks like a first year quarterback with everything moving too fast. But I see potential in him and I don't think he is a bad coach. I think there are things he can improve on such as game management, being more aggressive in his game planning and play calling (and selecting a better O/C). All of these things should improve with experience -- time will tell.

I watched every Vikings game ever played for 35+ years and recently made the Texans my team (after living here for 10 years) -- the Texans under BOB feel like the Vikings under Denny Green (1992 - 2001). His record starting in 1993 was 9-7, 10-6, 8-8, 9-7, 9-7. The Vikings fanbase during this time felt like ours -- fire Denny! Denny sucks! BOB is 9-7, 9-7, 3-2 and we're all calling for his head -- I get it, we want to win the SB and this isn't a SB team right now.

In 1998 Randy Moss happens and they're 15-1 with the most dynamic team that I have ever personally watched for a full season and one that any of us would love to see the Texans play like for a full season. If the team didn't have a seasoned coach with moderate success leading up to that year -- I feel like we wouldn't have had the magic we did that year (even though we didn't win it all -- but that's the life of a Vikings fan!)

If you're unhappy as a Texans fan -- try being a Vikings fan for 42 years and feel like you're team could get it done every year and they never do. I think this team can be a Patriots-like team for a decade under BOB and Os (Os is a different subject) but it's not going to happen overnight. I feel more optimistic about our long term future here than a team that is truly cursed (the Vikes) and I'm not a kool-aid kind of guy.