Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Get pumped for the Steelers

LBC_Justin

Rookie
Forget all the stats and matchups and all the technical football stuff. Lets talk about reasons to get pumped for this week's game.

First off the Steelers played the Titans in week one!! The lack of competition might have them soft!

The Steelers have never beaten the Texans!!! Doesn't it feel oh so good beating the Steelers.

After their home opener and a big win, this is the perfect time for a Steeler let down game.

The Texans and their coaches have a lot to prove.

It's the Texans home opener!!!! The home crowd will be pumped!

:texflag: :texans: :texflag:

The texans should be pumped up because it is their home opener. However the STEELERS will be ready. Cowher should have them ready to go. Expect a lot of STEELER FANS to be at Reliant. When I mean a lot I mean a lot. Went to the Pitt.- dallas game last year and a reported 23,000 steeler fans were present. So the texans will be pumped. So will STEELER FANS. May the best team on Sunday win.

SUPER STEELER said:
The texans should be pumped up because it is their home opener. However the STEELERS will be ready. Cowher should have them ready to go. Expect a lot of STEELER FANS to be at Reliant. When I mean a lot I mean a lot. Went to the Pitt.- dallas game last year and a reported 23,000 steeler fans were present. So the texans will be pumped. So will STEELER FANS. May the best team on Sunday win.

most of our seats or psl. so im willing to bet there will not be 23000 steeler fans there. although there might be quite a few willing to sell their seats after our first game.

markbeth said:
most of our seats or psl. so im willing to bet there will not be 23000 steeler fans there. although there might be quite a few willing to sell their seats after our first game.

Lots of tickets being sold, look at ebay!

bobby 119C

Okay I've *****ed and belly-ached long enough!!!!!!!!!!

Come on fans and come on Texans. You got the support from the home crowd, so let's get it on with the Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be there screaming my head off!

Will be in Red Lot flying LSU and Texan flag. Anyone welcome to drop by!

bobby 119C :texflag: :fans:

Hey, the Ravens have PSLs as well, every season on their message board they beg fans not to sell tickets to Steeler fans. Every year we invade their stadium. We are considered one of the strongest travelling teams in the NFL.

I'm hoping...wait, make that praying to the football gods...that the Steelers overlook the Texans because they want revenge against the Patriots in week 3. Vengeance for losing in the AFC Championship game. They might look at game film of the Bills practice game against the Texans and think we're powderpuffs.

Now, our team has to counter that with fire, anger, aggression, and a big freakin' chip on their shoulders. It's our house, DEFEND IT! Don't let our fans think we suck as bad as week 1! Prove that you deserve to play in the NFL!!!

And, of course, the stars need to be alligned and Ms. Cleo gives us a big 'yaa man, you gonna' win, yeah'

Hey, I'm going against my instinct this time for optimism. idonno:

:texflag:

Cowher was already asked about next week and the Patriots. He stated that the only team he is concerned about is the Texans.

And, he reviewed the last game against you guys. I imagine the team will watch parts of that game before moving onto the new gameplan.

They won't forget......and I do not see them being in a forgiving mood either.

TMC said:
We are considered one of the strongest travelling teams in the NFL.

True, especially on the East Coast--even all the way south to Miami. Not that many people on the East Coast seem to need much of an excuse to travel to Florida late in the year... :)

Reliant's an awesome stadium. Our fans'll bring the noise--and I think the team has officially received the wakeup call from hell. I wish I could be there to see the results! I think this'll be a better game than many are thinking.

:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

TMC said:
Hey, the Ravens have PSLs as well, every season on their message board they beg fans not to sell tickets to Steeler fans. Every year we invade their stadium. We are considered one of the strongest travelling teams in the NFL.

:um: OK. Don't forget that a LOT of Steeler fans moved out of PA during the 1970s and 1980s and have re-established themselves in those cities across the USA. It's verifiable. Good luck on Sunday. :pigfly:

TMC said:
Baltimore is pretty darn close to Pittsburgh. Closer that Dallas is to Houston.
Plus the Steelers and Ravens are rivals. I would expect that.

I expect a fair amount of Steelers fans at the Texans game. I was born and raised in Houston but the vast majority of my family lives in Pittsburgh. We have had 8 season tickets, 15 rows up on the 50 yard line to all the Steeler games since the early 1970's. I have been to many many Steeler games over the years when I was in town visiting. I am very aware of how important the Steelers are to the city of Pittsburgh. My cousin has a huge Steeler logo tatooed on his left arm.(Hows that for commitment. :wacko: )

My dad now lives in Houston and is a huge Steelers fan. I am sure as we speak he is trying to rally some of his Houston area Steelers buddies together to go to the game.

I still expect a huge HOUSTON crowd and a fair amount of Steeler fans. But make no mistake about it, this isnt going to be close to a Home game for the Steelers.

TMC said:
We are considered one of the strongest travelling teams in the NFL.
You don't need a large traveling contingent, they're already here. Anyone else remember all the Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan licencse plates here in the late 70's when there were no jobs up there so half of those states moved here.

There will be as many or more Steeler fans in the stands as there were cheeseheads last year. That's based on observation from when the Oilers were still here and recent developments. Sadly, it seems a lot of our Texans PSL holders sell out to make a buck (based on a lot of anecdotal info around the Packers game last year) . I can guarantee you the four seats next to me will be Steeler fans because the guy who owns them gives them away to generally clueless clients for "normal" games but sells them to buyers with deep pockets (in this case Steeler fan) for the high demand games to recoup a lot of his season ticket cost. It pisses me off.

aj. said:
You don't need a large traveling contingent, they're already here. Anyone else remember all the Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan licencse plates here in the late 70's when there were no jobs up there so half of those states moved here.

There will be as many or more Steeler fans in the stands as there were cheeseheads last year. That's based on observation from when the Oilers were still here and recent developments. Sadly, it seems a lot of our Texans PSL holders sell out to make a buck. I can guarantee you the four seats next to me will be Steeler fans because the guy who owns them gives them away to generally clueless clients for "normal" games but sells them to buyers with deep pockets (in this case Steeler fan) for the high demand games to recoup a lot of his season ticket cost. It pisses me off.
Well the next time he gives away tickets for a "normal" game let me know, I wont let you down!

He only gives them to his clients. I've already tried. In fact, he was offended when I tried to buy two of his seats for the Vikings game last year. "We don't do that!" He said gruffly when I asked. "Those seats are for clients." Well excuse the **** out of me...

They are his seats and he can do what he wants with them but I just wish there would be some real Texans fans sitting there more often. Pisses me off and I'm sure that kind of thing is repeated over and over in the lower level and Club sections.

aj. said:
He only gives them to his clients. I've already tried. In fact, he was offended when I tried to buy two of his seats for the Vikings game last year. "We don't do that!" He said gruffly when I asked. "Those seats are for clients." Well excuse the **** out of me...

They are his seats and he can do what he wants with them but I just wish there would be some real Texans fans sitting there more often. Pisses me off and I'm sure that kind of thing is repeated over and over in the lower level and Club sections.

You are not lying about that. In 2002-2003 I saw different people in front of me and to my left every game.

Moved to different seats last year and front and back are always different as well. Totally stinks.

aj. said:

May want to tell his "clients" who are Texans fans that he sometimes sells those tickets to rival teams' fans. That wouldn't go over very well with me if I was a client.

Last year I would say GB had the most visiting fans. Any cheesehead or packer fan walking in yellow lot got chedder cubes thrown at them(we went throught three 1 lbs. bags of 'em). Most of them just caught it and ate it!

We need a gimmick to throw at the Steeler fans.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Did he tell the Offensive Line and the D-Line that this was Regular Season, cause if not someone should. Imagine what we could do with a decent O-Line. Can you say Touchdown??? Carr could even watch the play instead of peeling himself off of the ground.

aj. said:

That figures, oh well I guess its back to Ebay to buy them from other people selling off their season tickets lol.

Hey, what if Big Ben Rothlisburger got hurt in this game(Someone actually sacked him) and Touchdown Tommy Maddox had to come in for him??? Would the Steelers go 8-8??? Who knocked him out to begin with???

Back