Get Palmer out, West Coast sounds good.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by cptnbreakdance, Sep 11, 2005.

1. cptnbreakdance

cptnbreakdance Veteran

We have all of the needed materials for the west coast offence, Smart Mobile QB, a good RB that can catch out of the backfield, monster #1 receiver, good route running #2 receiver, burner at the #3.

Next year we fire Palmer, Draft the best OLT we can get, sign the best free agent OL out there, hire a OC that runs the West Coast. We have the tallent at the skill possisions to run the west cast we just.... HAVE TO HAVE A BETTER OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!

2. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

I have to say I like it. Now the we just have to convince everyone else.

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I think when you were talking about the quarterback you misspelled "Gun shy QB who's taken the beating of a lifetime and now makes poor decisions based on nothing more than surviving the series"

Easy mistake to make because we once had a QB who might have been described as smart and mobile. That was three years and what? 140+ sacks ago?

4. cptnbreakdance

cptnbreakdance Veteran

Hey, put a oline with a whole lot of passion and a whole lot more skill in front of David and i can promise you he will make better choices, You look at him under center, and the look I see is "how in the world am I ganna get out of here alive" so he starts running. Who remembers erilier today when he had to run out of bounds on 3 consecutive plays because our line play is so shoddy? One half of football with a good oline will make all the difference in Carrs Decitions making

5. TigerBait

TigerBait Veteran

o boy :rolleyes:

6. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I do not agree with you at all cptnbreakdance. I think you're going to need a whole lot more than a half of football without being sacked to get David Carrs head back where it needs to be. You don't overcome the kind of sack numbers and constant pressure he's been subjected to in one game or even I think one season.

I've seen Carr go unmolested for the better part of a half but all it takes to turn on those bad decisions is one good blown up pocket and one sack. It's in his head now and you can't fix that quickly.

7. Elite

Elite Veteran

well it dont matter hopefully i pray to the man upstairs that this is david last year with the texans. i wish him the best whre ever he goes hell defenetly be a great back up somewere. we get a new qb next year. and a new system :texflag:

8. cptnbreakdance

cptnbreakdance Veteran

Maybe I was a little too forward with my thinking but I'm sure you got my point.
    training camp and preseason how about that.

9. searoach

searoach Guest

They screwed up whe they released Reggie Swinton. If the offence has a better starting field position, they would do better or give Kris a shot at a field goal. I do agree, we need a new offencive coordinator. Why would you run through the middle when you know the line can't open any holes. They can barely protect the QB.

10. Kinggator

Kinggator Waterboy

:texans: :texflag:
    This is what needs to happen.

11. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

yah i like the west coast, i like the idea, :yahoo: :texflag:

12. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

West-Coast-Sounds-Good

13. RocKetHtown

RocKetHtown Rookie

run and shoot sounds better to me we have the team 4 that :bomb:

14. ojthecat

ojthecat Veteran

Heck the Wishbone sounds better to me at this point.

15. RocKetHtown

RocKetHtown Rookie

16. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

I agree :brickwall :brickwall

17. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

its much easier to dismiss the offensive coordinator than a franchise QB. this is an experiment that has gone woefully out of control its as Hervoyel contends ruined David Carr's confidence & I'm not sure if he'll ever get it back. very sad for all of us Texans fans, the players, organization and owner Bob McNair.

this is a tough decision to make so early in the season but something has to give in order to save the franchise :cool:

18. RocKetHtown

RocKetHtown Rookie

bring in Jack Pardee thats the ticket and his old OC at U of H ...that would work :homer: hey maybe even Jim eddy as DC...this defence we got is a joke

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Anyone have any sugguestions as for a new OC ? .... Im sure my pop warner coach from 1979 would be more creative than Palmer...

Where's Buddy Ryan when you need a new DC ..... Unlike the current coaching staff he didnt just TALK about blitzing .... he sent the house :texflag:

20. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

Sounds good I'll talk to Charlie Casserly tonight.