Gerald McCoy's season might be in jeopardy

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by srrono, Nov 6, 2011.

1. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...ort-gerald-mccoys-season-might-be-in-jeopardy

NEW ORLEANS—Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy just can’t seem to stay healthy.

McCoy, who missed the last three games a year ago with a biceps tear and two games this year with an ankle sprain, went down again Sunday during the Bucs' 27-16 road loss to the Saints.

The Bucs described it only as an arm injury, but McCoy never returned and some of his teammates were suggesting after the game that McCoy won’t play again this season.

The loss is a devastating one for the Bucs, who have 10 sacks in the four games he’s played from start to finish but only two in all the others.

The Bucs will counter as usual by making greater use of Frank Okam on rushing downs, but the biggest opportunity will be afforded to rookie Da’Quan Bowers.

Bowers will likely take snaps at under tackle on passing downs with McCoy out, and that should allow the second-round pick out of Clemson to grow a little as a pass rusher while greatly aiding a Bucs' pass rush that will certainly miss the player whom coach Raheem Morris refers to as his defensive catalyst.

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Oh shit, we have to face Frank Okam now....
    :hide:

3. VTexan

VTexan The Realist

I understand that we are playing the Bucs next week, but shouldn't this belong in the NFL general?

4. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

we lucked out on this, he's a helluva player. sucks that he can't stay healthy.

true story, he used to date a good friend of mine from high school who went to ou and when he came down for the lombardi award ceremony we all went out together in midtown. it was a pretty crazy night; and he somehow got us free drinks everywhere we went by talking to the managers. also, his daughter was freaking adorable.

5. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

I don't like to root for opponents to lose their players and I like seeing the Texans earn their victories against teams at full strength.

But I'm not going to cry about this.....

6. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

i wondered how long it would take for some one to notice lol

7. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

We have injuries too, AJ & MW > McCoy.