George Close to an Agreement

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Vinny, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Titans, George nearing agreement
    By Terry McCormick, tmccormick@nashvillecitypaper.com
    June 07, 2004

nashvillecitypaper.com

2. J-Man

J-Man Veteran

I certainly hope that it works out for Eddie...he still has a little left in his tank (about 1 seasons worth) and in all honestly you can never have enough quality RBs. Eddie would be a good leader in what is surely going to be a tough campaign this season, I think he would be a good spot runner and spark off the bench here and there.

3. J-Man

J-Man Veteran

Pretty good vote for Eddie to sign...but, I think that we all know Bud Adams has made some, shall we say, questionable decisions. Honestly, if the Titans don't go with EG, who do they have running the rock? I see them going with the RB by committee (again) this year and counting on Steve "The Ironman" McNair to carry the day yet again. In the current day of how the game is played and the talent level I have only seen a very few guys who can carry a whole team on his back (defense included) and be successful, and none of them have picked up a SB ring.

I will say that the boards over the last month or so have been pretty Pro-Eddie and probably rightly so...I wish him and the Titans success as long as they are not playing.