Gary's press conference

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Cjeremy635, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

2. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

ho humm...just waiting and hearing laughing in the background

3. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

no fire. just a bunch of good ole boy coachspeak and excuses.

he said bussing did some good things out there but played like a first time starter....excuse

if he isn't good enough to not make horrible plays, find someone else who can

4. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I like the General referencing the defense in his first year and now. But then he asked, "How did you get out of it then that will help you get out of it now?"

Well John, looks like the same crappy defense!!!

5. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

*cough, cough*....boy he's blowing smoke...I can make smoke rings out of my butt there so much of it....

6. Second Honeymoon

he is just too niiiiice of a coach. he won't even say the defense stunk. 'we can play better' is all you get.

its his fault we have a loser like Bush at DC. its on you, Gary.

i am sick of his loser attitude

oh and memo to coaches, the safety rotation thing just isn't working...maybe address it in the draft..

..just sayin. did we need another TE or OL that bad that we wasted picks when there were Safety's available that are probably better than that loser Bussing

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

"I think its time to fix some of the issues we've been having. I think its time to play consistently in a game"

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllllllllly?

8. Second Honeymoon

pretty short presser.

well time to get ready for Oakland, I guess. just keep doing what hasn't worked up to now, Gary.

why you would expect a different outcome, I will never know.

9. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I can't even watch it, it'll just piss me off.

10. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I thought it was an interesting note about the long MJD run. He stated that Jacksonville ran the same play on the first play of the game for a 1 yard gain. They were in the same D scheme when they ran it again for the 24th play of the game and he broke it for 61 yards. It all falls on the players IMHO. The right play was called for the defense, but they only executed it right the first time. That's how I took it and I do believe it.

11. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Well it sounds like Frank Bush's job is more than safe with Kubiak at the Helm.
    He put it all on the players. He said Frank called a good game. He did say that some players are going to get a chance to play in place of some that are hurting the team. For sure he mentioned Jamison and Nading from the practice squad. Maybe Okoye will get benched.

12. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

so you were expecting 'yeah john that busing is awful, just terrible'?

i love how every week we lose, you guys expect him to go all todd haley & hang his players out to dry. :rolleyes:

13. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I thought the tone was plenty critical. He doesn't believe in calling out individual players and I respect that. My problem is his reluctance to replace them on the field. However, according to the presser, that will be happening starting this week. If I read the hints correctly, the following is true:

1. He's very unhappy with Bennett's play.

2. Pollard will be getting plenty of snaps at SS this week.

3. He's very unhappy with some members of the DL (I can only hope it's my man, Okoye) and Nading and/or Jamison will be on the 53 man roster this week... I wonder who is going to be waived?... perhaps nobody, and CThompson will be put on IR.

other things of note:

1. Slaton is still missing some cutbacks.

2. The 60 yd TD was the identical play with the same defensive call as well as the 1st running play of the game, when the Texans stopped him for 1 yard.

3. CBs will be lining up tighter in coverage, even in zone schemes.

4. He thinks they should've had 3-4 sacks but the guys just aren't making the play.

5. Bush's job is safe.

14. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

well the players put it all on the players too. and by gary's frustration, you should be able to infer that hes getting annoyed with the constant meltdowns the players are having too

15. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

He said absolutely nothing we don't already know, only thing is, HE didn't say or address anything!

John Mclane asks him "are happy with Antonio Smith"....from Kubes "wuuuuwuawua, wuawua, wuawua" (Charlie Brown muffled trumpet)

Johm Mclane ask "are you happy with ANYONE?" again Kubes..."wuaaaa, wuawuawuawua"

How bout some killer instinct and throw some folks under the bus!!!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  16. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

i agree with the rest of your pts but where did you pick that up from? no doubt hes pretty pissed at bennetts play like us all but i didnt think he mentioned fred specifically at all?

17. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

real enlightened. im going to go out on a limb & say you've never been a member of a team sport before? (good) coaches dont hang their players out to dry publicly

18. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Just to add to that Kubiak said that guys were unblocked and free to the qb and still didn't make the play. He stressed that they have to make those plays. It still boils down to the fact that we don't get pressure on the qb even when a man runs free. Too many times the Texans defense has made mediocre qbs look like probowlers by giving them way too much time in the pocket.

19. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

I cant remember any blitz getting to garrard. He would just step up in the pocket and throw to a WR being played 10 yards off by the CB. ugh

20. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I saw Garrard get hit as he threw a few times but our guys are always late to the party.