Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gary Kubiak's Weekly Press Conference: Week 1 Steelers

You would? His football team got their *** handed to them yesterday, and he has to get asked questions about it. Sure, that's a part of his job, but come on.

Also, do you guys really expect him to call out players? It's quite obvious who did and didn't play well. The game tape doesn't lie. Even the casual fan can tell who had a bad day yesterday without Kubiak having to single them out.

This is a group sport. You live and die as a team.

I guess you are referring to my post, but I didn't say he should call them out, I meant the same thing you did, it's pretty obvious even to the casual fan who blew it and the he's not throwing them under the bus. Which I don't think he should do publicly, btw. Hopefully in the locker room he is tearing them a new one.

You would? His football team got their *** handed to them yesterday, and he has to get asked questions about it. Sure, that's a part of his job, but come on.

Also, do you guys really expect him to call out players? It's quite obvious who did and didn't play well. The game tape doesn't lie. Even the casual fan can tell who had a bad day yesterday without Kubiak having to single them out.

This is a group sport. You live and die as a team.

You need to calm down and back off. I'm not one of the chicken littles.
I made an observation, not a judgment.

Come on guys...

Kubiak saying that the d-line did well was a joke right? They need a fire to be lit under their ass.

I didnt even tune in. I know whats going to be said, and I know how hes going to say it. Bring on the Ravens...

NEWS FLASH: Kubiak has been placed on this week's injury list and will be day-to-day. Requested MRI results have been withheld thus far. Richard Smith has been placed on IR.........an MRI was not felt to be necessary. :gun:

Houston Texans Marketing Associates Inc. continues on without missing a beat while their football division suffers another humiliating defeat. When is this group going to learn that we don't want "Liberty White Day" and a stupid 1940's pretend fight song. We want winning football and without that none of the rest of it matters very much.

Well, that's all part of our traditions! Albeit, a losing tradition, but still...

I really don't want to feel like it's going to be a long season after just one game, but damn, it sure feels like it's going to be a long season after yesterday's massacre.

Houston Texans Marketing Associates Inc. continues on without missing a beat while their football division suffers another humiliating defeat. When is this group going to learn that we don't want "Liberty White Day" and a stupid 1940's pretend fight song. We want winning football and without that none of the rest of it matters very much.

Liberty White, Steel Blue, Battle Red. **** that. Our colors are white, blue and red.

Reminds me of a George Carlin quip.

"In High School, they said our colors were Cardinal and Gold. Fight for the Cardinal and Gold! It was ****ing red and yellow man. Cardinal and Gold my Ass!"

Whoever we bring in at RB this Saturday, I'm just hoping one of them isn't Ron Dayne. I'd rather just roll with what we have right now then bring him back.

Whoever we bring in at RB this Saturday, I'm just hoping one of them isn't Ron Dayne. I'd rather just roll with what we have right now then bring him back.
It was tomorrow I believe. Kubiak said we have a group of backs working out tomorrow.

It was tomorrow I believe. Kubiak said we have a group of backs working out tomorrow.

My fault, could've sworn I heard Saturday. This is good news then, now we don't have to wait to see whether it's Benson or not he was bringing in to tryout.

That would be the only thing that would make me happy right now. I want me some CB32.

Please don't bring Dayne-train fans from under their rocks.:gun:

DayneTD.jpg

But he is the Colt killer! Steam roll to victory!

:hides:

Please don't bring Dayne-train fans from under their rocks.:gun:

Spoken like a true Texans fan.

Doesn't have anybody else on the roster with experience, doesn't offer an alternative, but too good to have the terrible "Ron Dayne" playing for his team.

Classic.

Does this remind anybody of the beginning of the 2005 season ?
We'd just come off our best season in '04 (7-9) and thought we might be headed for the playoffs. But instead in the first game of the year we go up to Buffalo and absolutely stink it up and we end the season battling Frisco for the number #1 pick in the 2006 college Draft.
We played so bad in Buffalo, it was embarassing, but I don't think we played any worse than yesterday in Pittsburg. That game in Buffalo seems so long ago in some ways but in other ways, seems just like yesterday.

We'd just come off our best season in '04 (7-9) and thought we might be headed for the playoffs. But instead in the first game of the year we go up to Buffalo and absolutely sink it up and we end the season battling Frisco for the number #1 pick in the 2006 college Draft.
We played so bad in Buffalo, it was embarassing, but I don't think we played any worse than yesterday in Pittsburg. That game in Buffalo seems so long ago in some ways but in other ways, seems just like yesterday.
I did tell myself that this feels like the Capers years more than one time as the game unfolded.

We'd just come off our best season in '04 (7-9) and thought we might be headed for the playoffs. But instead in the first game of the year we go up to Buffalo and absolutely stink it up and we end the season battling Frisco for the number #1 pick in the 2006 college Draft.

We'll know that we're in trouble if they fire Richard Smith after the second game. :whistle:

Spoken like a true Texans fan.

Doesn't have anybody else on the roster with experience, doesn't offer an alternative, but too good to have the terrible "Ron Dayne" playing for his team.

Classic.

See what happens guys...

Ron Dayne lovers' comin out the woodworks...

And by saying nobody else on the roster with experience, you mean that Ahman is definitely out for this weekend? I think Darius Walker has a little experience also...

Kubes is not excused for his rediculous presser and he is on a string that might need to be cut.

We were absolutely embarrassed yesterday and I want to ask Bob exactly what I am paying for.

Because I did not sign up to pay for Kubes Ego while he lets us lose a game without even attempting to win the game.

Lets see: If you were a irrigation contractor and were putting in a sprinkler and you get down to the end of the job only to turn on the water and see your lead guy hooked the system into the gas line would you keep him on the feild or pull some body from the bench up to try to fix the problem!

Matt Carr er I mean David Shaub is exactly the bonehead that mustered all of Three points till we got to the second team.
Did we get to see Kubes trying to win the game; nope, we got to see his EGO

Mr McNair, Please make our coaches try to win football games.

In all honesty, I wonder if he is sitting by his phone.

He wasn't terrible, I've never said that. But, I just wish we could get a little more from a runningback.

I agree, I wish for us to get someone that brings more to the table than Dayne. BUT... as long as whoever we field is worse than Dayne (Slaton excluded, he's on the 'rookie get out of jail free'-card) I have absolutely no troubles advocating Dayne on our team.

At least Dayne plays hard and mean... perhaps some of the other players could learn this from Dayne ?

Kubes says he thinks Marios fumbles could Change the tempo of the game, HA HA HA if you anybody but the Texans, We could not even capitalize

I agree, I wish for us to get someone that brings more to the table than Dayne. BUT... as long as whoever we field is worse than Dayne (Slaton excluded, he's on the 'rookie get out of jail free'-card) I have absolutely no troubles advocating Dayne on our team.

At least Dayne plays hard and mean... perhaps some of the other players could learn this from Dayne ?

It's unfortunate, but our offense has so much trouble running against the 3-4. I thought it was supposed to be a defense that you could exploit through the running game. Maybe it's the mixture of plays that we run. Our offense gets starts to be too predictable when it's derailed. Then it's run, pass, pass everytime.

Once more, another 3-4 team this week, with a more exotic scheme. When we get those standard AFC South 4-3's we should look better.

I hope they just figure it out this week.

I've been seeing a lot of parallels - starting QB doesn't have to earn job (even though he probably would have), doesn't fire a coordinator in the off-season when he should, admits he can't figure out what went wrong when he thought they were prepared, some poor personnel decisions (although everyone has them), can't fix obvious and lingering holes on the team, etc.

He brought in a sense of excitement and leadership, but I'm not sold on the results. This is how I felt before the season started; this isn't a knee jerk reaction to that pathetic display yesterday.

All that said, this crew is much better than the Capers staff. The Texans organization has a culture of mediocrity that they still haven't overcome.

Back