Hall of Fame
Props to Lil Shanny on his first called game. Kubes won his
first coach's challenge yesterday, too.
The Texans were more successful in the redzone,
than in any game this season.

I guess Lil Shanny IS a football prodigy, and that'll
help Gary focus more on managing
the game.

Hopefully he won't get snatched up to be a HC at some college somewhere.

Glad to hear on the presser that Kyle called the whole game. He did a great job yesterday.

I have to admit I liked the game plan and playcalling a lot yesterday. Of course, execution has a lot to do with making it look good as well. But around the end zone, I felt like they weren't trying to outsmart the defense and themselves, and just went to good old fashioned basics like running the ball and throwing to the best receiver in the league.

If that is the case, maybe I have under-estimated baby shanny.

I was watching Kyle on the sidelines yesterday. As he walked around with the jacket on and the headphones on his head, from the endzone it looked like the elder Shanahan was on the sidelines.

I have a strange feeling he's being groomed to take his daddy's job here in a few years.

I was watching Kyle on the sidelines yesterday. As he walked around with the jacket on and the headphones on his head, from the endzone it looked like the elder Shanahan was on the sidelines.

I have a strange feeling he's being groomed to take his daddy's job here in a few years.

I've thought the same thing.

Maybe he will turn out the next young thing......... wait....... young coach, that is. :cool:

Great job! I love it. As a younger guy who's had to deal with age discrimination at work many times from my perspective it's great to see him succeed. I am by no means overlooking the value of experience but it's nice to see him cutting his teeth and suceeding. Imagine how good he will be down the road.

Great job! I love it. As a younger guy who's had to deal with age discrimination at work many times from my perspective it's great to see him succeed. I am by no means overlooking the value of experience but it's nice to see him cutting his teeth and suceeding. Imagine how good he will be down the road.

I hope Gibbs stays on another year or so to tutor him. He can learn a lot from Gibbs.

I hope Gibbs stays on another year or so to tutor him. He can learn a lot from Gibbs.

I hope Gibbs stays awhile longer than that, I know retirement is looming but who will he pass the torch too? Maybe it will be Shanny or there is assistant coach on the OL that might be getting groomed. Either way, Gibbs is a huge reason for the offenses success this year, it didn't hurt to have Speed Slaton drafted in the 3rd either. :)

Nice job, little Shanny! Let's hope Kubiak lets him continue the play calling next year - he did a very good job. I also hope he stays around and doesn't go to a head coaching job at some college somewhere. The offense should be in great shape if Gibbs sticks around, the Kid can call the plays and Kubiak can continue not looking when things are close. This works for me.

I'm not shocked, this was one of the most impressive offensive showing the Texans had all season. I was even telling my friends during the game that the offense just looked like everything was clicking after the 1st quarter.

I say let Kyle keep calling the shots.

Agreed. Coach of the future for Houston.

It was kinda funny in the way he said it. He said "I bet you didn't that John" in a not so nice tone (yet kinda joking).

The more Kubiak gets his hands off the in-game playcalling, the better. I know it's hard to let it go...but Shanny can obviously do it. Gary hired the kid to be the offensive coordinator, Gary should let him do it.

It also looked like the defense was not under RS's control. Last week looked like Kubiak calling offense and RS calling defense.

We could have had a 9-7 season, which would have been a freaking miracle with the way the season began. BUT...the Oakland game prevented that. Why that game played out the way it did is beyond me. It stuck out like a sixth finger on the right hand of the man who killed my father ("...prepare to die!").

If Shanny reads the boards: You done good, pardner!

Last edited:
Our little baby's all grows up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTPxEwfNTJc

swingers.jpeg

I hope Gibbs stays awhile longer than that, I know retirement is looming but who will he pass the torch too? Maybe it will be Shanny or there is assistant coach on the OL that might be getting groomed. Either way, Gibbs is a huge reason for the offenses success this year, it didn't hurt to have Speed Slaton drafted in the 3rd either. :)

This is my biggest offensive concern as well. Gibb's was hands down the #1 reason that all phases of our offense were successful. As far as who he's passing the torch to, John Benton has been learning under him the entire season and I would hope he's picking it up but when you're the master... you're the master. plain and simple. Loosing Gibbs would be really hard.

I'd love to think we could get another year out of him, maybe two. I saw Kubiak reach out to him and shake his hand after the game. I hope He doesn't know something...

Hopefully he won't get snatched up to be a HC at some college somewhere.

Glad to hear on the presser that Kyle called the whole game. He did a great job yesterday.

At 28 or 29 years young, and OC of an NFL franchise on the uptick, I would think the good money, at least from a career management perspective, is to stay put. After all, look what a upgrade at OL and RB did to this offense this year. Now, imagine a draft plugging some grievous holes in our D, and a new improved DC. That sounds like a formula for a bright future for this team. So, were I YMK (Young Master Kyle), I am staying right here, to build my resume and see what opportunities present themselves in 3 to 5.

JMHO. :)

all the best,
boz

Ah, forget about Kyle. I say we hire his dad for our OC.

Adam Shefter just reported he got fired. O_O

But in all seriousness, serious props to Kyle. He coached an outstanding game. We were seriously clicking on the offense for 3/4s of the game.

The biggest upside (for the Texans not lil shanny) to this is allowing Kubiak to be more an overseers than hands on boss. Maybe just maybe it will allow his to make better decisons concerning challenges and when to be aggressive with going on 4th downs or any other game management issue that Kubiak seems to still have.

The biggest upside (for the Texans not lil shanny) to this is allowing Kubiak to be more an overseers than hands on boss. Maybe just maybe it will allow his to make better decisons concerning challenges and when to be aggressive with going on 4th downs or any other game management issue that Kubiak seems to still have.

I agree, and wonder why this hadn't been mentioned earlier.

I'd feel just as confident with Kubiak calling the games, actually, I'd feel better. The one game is nice, but there's still a long way to go, before I'd let him off the leash.

But Kubiak needs to start investing his attention on the other side of the ball. He trusts Frank Bush...... He trusts Ray Rhodes(so do I), but he needs to have more influence on the defense.

Back