Gameday Thread: Cowboys @ Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk Archive' started by GuerillaBlack, Sep 26, 2010.

1. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Game Day! Hopefully our team pulls this one out and starts off 3-0. I can't wait for the game, though. Going to a little get together tomorrow with a bunch of Cowboys fans. Should be fun watching Mario abuse Romo and AJ going lights out on the Cowboys' hobbled secondary.

2. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

things im watching for & i think we'll need to win:

-balance on offence. only one franchise record needs to be broken today & thats to get our first ever 3-0. we gave up on the run way too early last week. arian couldve had a 100 yd day if we stuck with it esp late on when we had 2 drives with time & down seven. no qb esp one as important as schaub cant & shouldnt take that sort of beating consistantly

-Special Teams: SUCKED last week bar rackers & pollard. from consistant penalties on jj's good returns (and he had a few crap ones too) to turks terrible coffin corner (and his shitty pooch punt when we were backed up deep on the second to last drive in the 4th q) not even mentioning slaton (who despite his f up) had useles blocking the whole day. molden should help but those guys need to play way better this week

-D Line: we badly need consistant pressure like we had v the colts. they were all anonymous for over 3 quarters in washington. hearing antonio is sick is not a good start

3. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

I can't sleep. I'm more than ready for this game to start.

4. papashango

papashango Rookie

Yea I just hope its a good game. On paper it should be one of the best games this week. Cowboys have their backs against the wall and the Texans can continue their undefeated streak.

Hopefully its a mistake free game where the referees are invisible and allow both teams to play and not dictate a win.

5. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

9½ hours, restless... Win baby, just win! :)

Giant Tiger likes this.
  6. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

good luck. God i hope we have good luck. Beat the cowboys.

7. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Who needs luck when you have the Pollardizer!? :fans:

8. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

No letdown.

Relentless pressure.

Attack, attack, attack on offense.

4 Quarters.

Win.

9. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

4 quarters is key. This is going to be a VERY tough game. The 'boys are desperate and are going to be prepared to battle. We have to play much better then last week. Go Texans Go!

10. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

Game Day Lets go beat the CowBoys

11. LEATHERHEAD

LEATHERHEAD Veteran

cowgirls sux

12. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

WIN or lose, this team has made me proud!! A new attitude they haven't shown in years past, and a passion that has been passed on to the fans!! They WANT IT, and it's gonna be a blast watching them go out and get it!!!

GOOOOO TEXANS!!!!!:fans:

13. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Good feelings about the game. I eagerly await to see this game played.

14. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

15. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

See ya in the blue Crew Walkin out to the stadium

16. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Adrenalin already pumping. Hoping our secondary turns it around today and Mario gets some assistance in the pass rush. Not to worried about our run D, they have looked good when challenged. On offense I expect a few draws to slow down Mr. Ware, and Schaub to cut up the Dallas secondary with the "Fantastic 4". Expect it tight till late. 27 - 10 Houston.

ROCK-N -ROLL HOUSTON

17. Romo_Jedi_9

Romo_Jedi_9 Rookie

So it's game day! I'm excited, but my optimism is tempered...

The keys to the Cowboys making a game of this will be turnovers... Dallas has 4 turnovers in 2 games, while forcing 0 turnovers in those games... On top of that, as bad as Dallas has polayed for 2 weeks, despite the turnovers, the penalties, etc, if Buehler makes a couple FG's Dallas could easily be 2-0... However, Houston is a much better team than the Bears and Skins, so Dallas' only chance of winning there is to bring their A game... The Texans are good enough to beat Dallas, even if the Cowboys can find their A game, and they'll get blown out if they continue to play the way they have been...

Dallas' defense will have to win this game, and I'm not sure they're currently capable of it... We all know Ware's a beast, Ratliff plays NT at an elite level, and Spencer's better than average too, yet Dallas has a whopping 2 sacks in 2 games, with 0 turnovers... Dallas does have a legitimately good defense, but with those stats, something's seriously wrong here...

I will say this though, a lot of you Texan fans are acting as though the Cowboys are outclassed in terms of talent, but I assure you, a lack of talent is not the issue, a lack of execution is the issue... Don't let the 2-0 vs 0-2 records fool ya, this is a dangerous game for the Texans...

All that said, unfortunately I'm still picking Houston today... Dallas needs to play desperate, but focused... I know they'll bring the desperation, but I don't think this team can muster 60 minutes of focused football, and that's what it's gonna take...

Enjoy the game....

18. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Our Dline wasn't too bad against Washington, Its just the refs absolutely refused to call holding on their OLine till way late in the game. I chalk it up to star power and the league trying to protect one of its old commodities. Hopefully Dallas' reputation for penalties annulls that superstar protection for Romo

19. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I take nothing for granted in the NFL.

Go Texans!!!:texflag:

20. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Prediction: Texans hold off a 4th quarter rally by Dallas, Texans 31 - Cowgirls 27.