Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 4 Thread: Dolphins @ Texans

Dayne stats on the day:
Rushing - 22 att 58 yards 2.6 avg 12 long
Rec - 3 catches 11 yards 3.7 avg 7 long

We seriously need a real RB. Is anyone going to step up on this roster?

Congrats Texans and Texans Fans!! I'm here, no matter what! We all need to enjoy this one! And I hope the boys will take this win and get some confidence. YOU CAN DO IT GUYS!!!!!

Wildcat Texan

what a way to go into the bye week..that game scared me a whole lot..but our boys played realyl well!

The passing game is the reason we won. Our 3 big receivers going in AJ, Moulds, & Walters were the difference makers. Moulds caught some key passes and hurt Miami at key points. I'm not down playing AJ either. I keep saying please focus on the passing attack like the COLTS. Let the run game develop through the passing attack.................

Receivers played great. D. Carr was very good too. We just need to keep up the passing game...Hopefully Dayne can step it up some in the running game.

The passing game is the reason we won. Our 3 big receivers going in AJ, Moulds, & Walters were the difference makers. Moulds caught some key passes and hurt Miami at key points. I'm not down playing AJ either. I keep saying please focus on the passing attack like the COLTS. Let the run game develop through the passing attack.................

I agree.

hmmm... i dont agree with it....and kubes did take alot of heat for it buuuut that fg we 'settled' for before the half was the difference in the end

hmmm... i dont agree with it....and kubes did take alot of heat for it buuuut that fg we 'settled' for before the half was the difference in the end
that FG was before the last drive and wasn't the one in question....all's well that ends well though.

that FG was before the last drive and wasn't the one in question....all's well that ends well though.

oops sorry..that what happens when you arrive late and flick through random pages of the thread

great win though...

Am I the only one that's a little disturbed that Kubiak had his back turned during the 2 point attempt? Probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I'd really like the coach to watch the game.

PROPS TO Ibar_Harry....He's Right!
Holy Crap! I think i just wet my pants! TEXANS WIN! TEXANS WIN!

Am I the only one that's a little disturbed that Kubiak had his back turned during the 2 point attempt? Probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I'd really like the coach to watch the game.

Not sure if your the only one, but I dont mind of the coach doesnt watch the play....he knows what he called for and Im sure he's just hoping they execute the play as it is drawn up.

I want to thank coach Saban for that extra point attempt. Nice overthinking a 2 yard goal line situation. Stagger lee-ish brilliance

cant wait! tomorrow our offense is going to be throwing it all over the place. :play: the defense learned something from the past couple of weeks and our blitz packages are going to have culpepper running scared. :francis: i also predict that our number one pick breaks out and has the doubters all jumping on the super mario bandwagon. :bowdown: then everybody does the happy dance after a bunch of good food, good beer, and a big win. :dance:

i'm excited ... and quoting myself. great day for the texans and the texans' fans!

Anybody have this play on tape ? I think Mario tipped that pass coming down from the DE position .

I know, i thought that it was mario too. I know for sure that it was a D-lineman.

Wait, upon further review it was Mario, Just not sure if the ball was actually tipped.

Wait, upon further review it was Mario, Just not sure if the ball was actually tipped.

Sure looked like the ball changed direction, but I've been wondering if I am seeing things since the announcers didn't mention it even after several replays.

Sure looked like the ball changed direction, but I've been wondering if I am seeing things since the announcers didn't mention it even after several replays.

yeah, when i initially saw it, it looked like the ball changed direction sharply, but they didn't mention it. But the reason why i know it was mario is b/c when slowed down you can see the "0" from his # 90 jersey. That is unless someone else on the D-line has a number that ends with a zero.

I want to thank coach Saban for that extra point attempt. Nice overthinking a 2 yard goal line situation. Stagger lee-ish brilliance

He may have spent to much time with Glanville, lol.

I'm glad our D played a great game, but credit has to be given to that crappy Dolphins offense. Seriously, that O Cood is an *****. I have no idea why they didn't want to run the ball today. It's not like our run D is good. And yeah, that 2pt conversion was stupid. Wasn't Ronnie Brown supposed to be a top tier runningback? I think you should give him the ball sometimes in the future.

It wasn't pretty but it was a win. Congrats to Gary Kubiak for his first win as a head coach. David Carr had a really good game and besides the Jason Taylor fumble DC looked good. He finally showed some touch on his throws, specially the one to AJ for the touchdown. The defense was ok, it bend but didn't break. All in all we needed this one badly and sometimes all it takes is that one win for things to get going. I won't ignore the fact that we still do have lots of problems on the team and that we almost gave away that game. But these days there are hardly any blowouts in the NFL and almost all of these games come down to late 4th quarter execution. For example, the Colts and Jets game or the Ravens and Chargers were games that came down to the last few plays. Anyway, I'm really happy that we won this game and also good to Mario Williams get that big sack gorilla off his back. Maybe now he'll just go out there and play a bit more relaxed. Go Texans!!!!

I just wanted to thank everyone who posted on this thread today. I missed the second half of the game and it was great to come back here and read this thread and get a "play by play".

pssst.... is there any room left on that bandwagon? It looks a mite crowded to me......

Wow! I'm glad the Texans won, or else I would have to read alot of fair weather fans saying how the Texans suck, or Mario is a bust, or that they should have drafted Bush or young, or fire Kubiak, or fire R. Smith, blablabla....:yikes: :yikes: :) !

Wow! I'm glad the Texans won, or else I would have to read alot of fair weather fans saying how the Texans suck, or Mario is a bust, or that they should have drafted Bush or young, or fire Kubiak, or fire R. Smith, blablabla....:yikes: :yikes: :) !

alot of people hopefully ate their words yesterday

Congrats!! it would have been better if the dolphins won, but oh well what can you do. Congrats once again.
:shots:
Dolphins #1!!!!

Back