Game 3 Thread: Redskins @ Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk Archive' started by Khari, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

2. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

I am predicting a few things. Dayne gets 2 TDS. Mario gets his first sack. Carr is sacked 3 times or less. The Texans win the game with a score 24-21.

3. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

im liking our chances. after facing 2 very tough defenses, i think our offense should we well prepared. washingtons d is pretty good too but not in the same class of phill'ys and indy's. i think carr will have another strong week coming back at home, and our defense steps up big. ill take houston

4. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

If Carr is sacked 2 or less times & the run game workes we can win, however, I doubt either happens.

5. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Well..Indy's D isn't tough, its just that we're not that good just yet, but we're getting there....Indy = soft.

But yeah, I also, like our chances...I say 24-14 Texans win.

6. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Veteran

I'm guessing Brunell will destroy this pittiful secondary..Even with that mess of a WR crew.They still have weapons and like to use Moss out of the backfield..They have one of the best defense's in the league and even with a weak cb tandem they find ways to put Sean Taylor in position to take games over..He's a flat out head hunter..:brickwall

7. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

I watched the Dallas game. The only reason Sean Taylor is headhunting is because apparently, the one on his shoulders doesn't work properly. I hope it continues. Anyway...I've got to go to bed so I can get up early and do some tailgating.

8. Andrew8028

Andrew8028 Waterboy

Sean taylor is a flat out stud. If you're going to the game tomorrow, check out how freakishly huge he is for a safety and how fast he is. I just hope that Brunell doesn't continue to blow.

9. Diehardskinfan05

Diehardskinfan05 Rookie

good luck today.. should be a good game.. i see a lot of you guys feel this will be a winnable game.. i even read that some of you guys believe the texans will blow us out... which i can assure you WONT happened.. in the end i believe the skins will win simply because this team has more to lose today and they will come out fighting unlike the last few weeks.. but who knows? texans very well could pull out a win today at home.. just wait and see ;)

10. Scooter

Scooter Funky

texans, stack the linebackers on our right side. mario's going to dominate the left side running attack against jansen, but i'm worried about babin going against samuals in the running game now that portis is back. the 'skins interior line is vulnerable so i hope to see a lot more man coverage and atleast 1 LB blitzing at all times. on offense, we need to establish carr. no roll outs in the beginning, nothing fancy, just give him quick passes from the get-go to start our attack and run from there. the offense opens up when moulds and AJ can catch & run. during passing downs, someone stays to assist the right side. i dont care if it's a back or a TE, the right side is never left alone. if a sack comes in from the left, we accept it & move on, but we reinforce the right side.

on the d-line, i want peek, babin, & payne in the game as much as humanly possible. we win if brunell loses, and those are the guys that are going to do the damage. sub peek in for greenwood and bring him around the DE ... i really want to see peek and babin rush at the same time.

as long as we avoid the stupid mistakes (fumbled snaps, rookie fumbles, running into eachother in coverage), this game is winable. blitz 5 at all times, but disguise where #5 is coming from. pass to open up the run. score early and get the crowd involved. we can win this. my tivo's already setup to record the texans' first win of 06.

11. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

great gameplan, submit it to Kubiak before kickoff , maybe he will listen, other than that, enjoy the game :)

12. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

Texans win 24 -21.
    'Nuff said.:fans:

13. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

I bet Kubiak is here on a regular basis looking for tips. I do agree with your assessment Scooter, good plan.

14. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Texans win 17-10. Mario gets a sack. David gets brought down three times. AJ with a long receiving TD and Dayne with a goalline TD. Kris Brown makes a 30-40 yarder. DeMeco gets 7 tackles, 1 INT.

15. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

i respectfully disagree with our approach to the game offensively. i think that the texans should come out throwing, stretch that d out. the thing with brunell though...i'd like to see the texans throw out a couple of all-out blitzes...something to make brunell rattled.

16. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Hopefully it doesn't turn out like I think. We are missing two starting linemen on a line that wasn't good to begin with....31-13 Skins is my call.

17. Jwwillis

Jwwillis All Pro

I dont see the game scheduled on Fox. what channel is the game on???

18. Jwwillis

Jwwillis All Pro

nm i found it...whew

19. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

Dang, no game in Waco. I hate Fox.

20. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

The game needs to start. I am dying for our first win!