Game 2...Start Over...Cincinnati Bengals!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JamTex, Sep 10, 2017.

1. JamTex

JamTex All Pro Texans Fan!

On Thursday, September 14th at 7:25pm, the Texans will travel to Cincinnati to take on the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium. The Game will be aired nationally on the NFL Network and locally in Houston on ABC 13.
    It's hard to say what will happen. Who will start at quarterback? Savage or Watson? Who ever starts will have to move around and stay away from the line. The O-line was absolutely horrible against the Jaguars, allowing 10 sacks and 4 forced fumbles! That's completely unacceptable.
    The Bengals, however, didn't do any better against the Ravens. Dalton threw 4 interceptions and they fumbled the ball once. These 2 teams will be going into this game on equal ground.
    If O'brien starts Watson, I think we all feel better about the chances of the Texans beating the Bengals. If Savage starts, He'll get beat up again standing in the non-existent pocket like a statue instead of moving around.
    After watching that debacle against the Jaguars, it's hard, but I'm going to predict a win in a very hard fought, low scoring game.
    Texans 13
    Bengals 10

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    ROO likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Well, me, it's nice talking to myself
    A credit to dementia
    Some day you too will know my pain
    And smile its black-tooth grin
    If the war inside my head
    Won't take a day off I'll be dead
    My icy fingers claw your back
    Here I come again

3. Jadmakaveli

Jadmakaveli Rookie

This was elite, I can't lie.

TexansSeminole likes this.
  4. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

Texans will get an ass-chewing that will make the Nuremberg judgement look mild and will bounce back to take this one 21-17. I expected the Jags loss and am sticking to my seasonal prediction for now.

5. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

lol ya i'm sure this one will be different

thunderkyss likes this.
  6. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Fun fact: The O'brien Texans usually have 1 complete WTF disaster game. Ok, maybe 2-4.... but it's a confident boost knowing we already got it outta the way!

PapaL likes this.
  7. Texas Jake

Texas Jake Veteran

We will have to see how this teams responds to this embarrassment. In previous years they have rebounded. Hopefully they can again. This o-line doesn't inspired confidence, though, and the defense (the strength of this team) played flat. Watt was a faint shadow of himself. He played like he was afraid of reinjuring his back and he lacks the power he showed in the past.

macho grande likes this.
  8. ArmyBengal

ArmyBengal Retired Army Medical NCO

What's up everyone ?? Man, yesterday was not a good day to be either a Texans or Bengals fan.
    While I would like to say the Bengals can rebound, I do NOT see that coming. On top of Dalton being Dalton, nothing and no one stood out.
    Well, my boy Geno Atkins was his usually self (see animal) but that was about it. I think our o-line gave their uniforms to some high school team.
    Our defense is still without Burfict and love him or hate him, he's a defensive difference maker. Many injuries as well.

I suspect the Texans will be the ones to bounce back and the Bengals will continue to look like they did yesterday.
    If it were any other team, I would be irritated, but my son (the Texans fan) and I will be down there and he will be happy to see a win.

I'm hoping Watson isn't too hurt and we get to see him play Thursday. Outside of that, I expect the Texans defense to be the difference in this game.
    They will make the needed adjustments for this one. That plan should include yelling "boo" at Dalton. That appears to work greatly !!!

If anyone happens to be making the trip to Cincinnati for the game, I wish you safe travels, a good time, and a good game to watch.

Sigma likes this.
  9. santo

santo Hall of Fame

Who knows, maybe both teams will show up. I do have your defense on my fantasy league though. lol

10. banned1976

banned1976 American

There's probably going to be 5-7 starters out for Thursday. All 3 TE's, Cushing and Ellington all have been concussed. Watson and Jeff Allen have bad wheels. Losing Jeff Allen is no big deal.

All Cincinnati has to do to win is show up. Even w/o the injuries the Texans are collectively a bad team.

macho grande and Surreal McCoy like this.

11. JamTex

JamTex All Pro Texans Fan!

The game is fast approaching. These Texans had better put up a much better showing against the Bengals then they did against the Jaguars. Its hard to see how though, considering all of the injuries and how many starters will be out in this game. Like tight end. All 3 of the teams tight ends were hurt in the Jaguars game. How will O'brien compensate for that? This will be a real test for his coaching abilities. He had better pull out all the stops and have quite a few smoke and mirror plays ready to go. It's going to be a tough game after only 4 days. 7 starters were injured and Watson has a minor ankle injury. Savage had better rebound and that offensive line had better be much better. We'll see in 2 more days.

Texas Jake likes this.
  12. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Veteran

If the Bengals game is the real start....then I want to see the same offense and defense take the field to ensure that Sunday's mess might've been contributed to Harvey, interrupted practices and the cancelling of the 4th Pre-Season Game. To test any theory, it's done multiple times before drawing a final conclusion. With no TE's for the game, this theory may need a 3rd week before any kind of conclusion could be drawn.

13. Mauris

Mauris Rookie

As long as the running backs are healthy then I bet we see Miller left, Miller right, Miller up the middle then punt. lol Now if that was Earl left, Earl right, Earl up the middle then we might be ok.

76Texan and macho grande like this.
  14. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Veteran

You mean Earl Jr...D'Onta Foreman, I hope.

76Texan and macho grande like this.
  15. Mauris

Mauris Rookie

It's going to be an interesting game to watch for sure especially after the Sunday disaster. What kind of offensive adjustments are made considering the fact that our offensive line sucks and gave up 10 sacks and we only scored 7 points the whole game. Savage is a pocket passer (lamb waiting to be slaughtered) with our OL. Our defense got no sacks, didn't hear Clowney's name mentioned at all during the course of the game and at this point he should be a monster! We will see, but I'm expecting a much better effort and offensive game plan this time around. If you can't protect your quarterback, then you better be running the ball.

76Texan likes this.
  16. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

That many concussions in one game suggests that the opponents had an organized effort to throw forearm shivers.

17. banned1976

banned1976 American

Yeah, I don't think this game can be a good gauge for the Texans. Maybe the defense but w/o a TE, you've not only taken away what was last year one of the few offensive threats. But you've also taken away players that are there to help the o-line protect the QB's and running backs.

BTW, Jamtex, not trying to be disrespectful but we now know w/o a doubt JJ Watt is human after all.

Texas Jake likes this.
  18. Hervoyel

Hervoyel BUENO!

If we get Amazon to overnight this to us with the correct name/number on the jersey nobody will even miss Jeff Allen. I know it says that they are currently unavailable but maybe if we tell them it's an emergency they could find us a couple.

[​IMG]

Worst case is that we already have 2-3 of them on our line and don't know it.

19. Hervoyel

Hervoyel BUENO!

I'd focus almost completely on the running game this week. Go with a double TE set (using OT's) and run Foreman out of the I formation behind Prosch and make him earn his paycheck. I'm not worried about the defense. They're embarrassed and will come ready to play (though that might not be enough).

Rotate Miller in to spell him and change things up but basically just plan on pounding the rock all day. Throw to Hopkins and Strong just enough to keep the Bengals defense sort of honest. Keep the game short and the score low. We probably lose that kind of game but its closer than the shitstorm we saw Sunday.

FuzzyLogic, Mauris and macho grande like this.
  20. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

I didn't see the Texans in an I formation the whole Jacksonville game. Without a FB and without TE's you don't have much protection.