Game 13...Take 10...Indianapolis Colts!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JamTex, Dec 3, 2018.

1. JamTex

JamTex Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!

On Sunday, December 9th at 12:00 noon, The Texans will welcome the Indianapolis Colts to NRG Stadium to take the 10th win in a row. The game will be aired on TV on CBS 11 and on radio on AM SportsRadio 610.

Of the first meeting of the Texans and Colts in week 4 this season, the thread that I wrote was pretty negative relative to how the Texans were playing at the time. I even predicted a loss. That game went the Texans way in over time due to a poor decision by the Colts head coach, Frank Reich, to go for it on 4th down. We know how that turned out and what it started.

Here are the 2 teams...

Your Houston Texans...
    Offense:
    WR DeAndre Hopkins Vyncint Smith
    LT Julie'n Davenport Martinas Rankin
    LG Senio Kelemete
    C Nick Martin Greg Mancz
    RG Zach Fulton
    RT Kendall Lamm
    TE Ryan Griffin Jordan Thomas Jordan Akins
    WR Keke Coutee DeAndre Carter
    WR Demaryius Thomas Sammie Coates Jr.
    QB Deshaun Watson Brandon Weeden Joe Webb III
    RB Lamar Miller Alfred Blue Buddy Howell

Defense:
    DE J.J. Watt Christian Covington Carlos Watkins
    NT Brandon Dunn
    DE D.J. Reader Angelo Blackson Joel Heath
    SAM Whitney Mercilus Brennan Scarlett
    MIKE Benardrick McKinney Brian Peters
    WILL Zach Cunningham Dylan Cole Peter Kalambayi
    JACK Jadeveon Clowney Duke Ejiofor
    CB Johnathan Joseph Shareece Wright Natrell Jamerson Johnson Bademosi
    CB Kareem Jackson Aaron Colvin Deante Burton
    S Tyrann Mathieu Mike Tyson
    S Justin Reid Andre Hal A.J. Moore

Special Teams:
    K Ka'imi Fairbairn
    P Trevor Daniel
    LS Jon Weeks
    KR DeAndre Carter Keke Coutee
    PR DeAndre Carter Keke Coutee
    H Trevor Daniel

The Indianapolis Colts...
    Offense:
    WR Ryan Grant Zach Pascal Dontrelle Inman
    LT Anthony Castonzo Le'Raven Clark
    LG Quenton Nelson
    C Ryan Kelly Evan Boehm
    RG Mark Glowinski Evan Boehm
    RT Braden Smith
    TE Jack Doyle Ryan Hewitt Mo Alie-Cox
    WR T.Y. Hilton Chester Rogers
    QB Andrew Luck Jacoby Brissett
    TE Eric Ebron Erik Swoope
    RB Marlon Mack Nyheim Hines Jordan Wilkins

Defense:
    DE Tyquan Lewis Kemoko Turay Carroll Phillips
    NT Margus Hunt Al Woods Grover Stewart
    UT Denico Autry Hassan Ridgeway
    DE Jabaal Sheard Al-Quadin Muhammad
    WLB Darius Leonard Matthew Adams
    MLB Anthony Walker Skai Moore
    SAM Najee Goode Zaire Franklin
    CB Kenny Moore II Quincy Wilson Chris Milton
    FS Malik Hooker George Odum Corey Moore
    SS Clayton Geathers Mike Mitchell
    CB Nate Hairston Pierre Desir

Special Teams:
    P Rigoberto Sanchez
    PK Adam Vinatieri
    H Rigoberto Sanchez
    LS Luke Rhodes
    KR Zach Pascal Chester Rogers Nyheim Hines
    PR Chester Rogers Zach Pascal T.Y. Hilton

Now considering the Colts, I heard something on 610 on the way home from work on the Triple Threat that I hadn't thought about. The Colts and Andrew Luck won 5 in a row to bad defenses. There was little or no pressure on Luck in any of those games. When they lost, it was to better defenses. The Texans defense is better then all of the defenses that were able to defeat Luck and the Colts.
    Now keep in mind that it's still Andrew Luck and he still has T. Y. Hilton to throw to, and he has also been spreading the ball around quite effectively to his tight ends, running backs out of the back field and his other receivers. He's dangerous with his arm. His draw back is that when he gets hit a lot, he gets rattled and makes mistakes. This is evident in the 12 interceptions that he's thrown. When his line is collapsed by a good defensive line, he collapses basically. What that means is that JJ and the boys need to get after him every play and make his life miserable in the pocket. He's not a mobile quarterback and he likes to throw from the pocket, so this is a very good chance for the Texans front 7 to beat up on him and collapse that pocket he loves so much. The Colts running game isn't much so the Texans defense should be able to concentrate on getting to Luck and slowing down that passing game.
    On offense, the Texans need to keep doing what they've been doing. Run the ball and control the clock. Keep the ball out of Luck's hands. The Texans running game is getting better as the season goes on because the O-line has really improved in run blocking. That, and O'Brien has really mixed up the running plays. He uses every gap with Miller and Blue. Between the guards and center, between the tackles and guards on both sides. Between the Tackle and tight end, The weak side. The Strong side. Around the ends. The Power game. The Zone blocking game. The running game has really been impressive and fun to watch. It needs to stay that way. Keep it going and take pressure off of Watson. This will also, as it has been, open up the passing game. Watson is finding everyone himself in the passing game. D. Thomas, Watson, the tight ends. The backs out of the backfield. Coutee when he's been available and also DeAndre Carter (Carter needs to protect the ball better). The passing game will need to open up a little more against this Colts team.
    All in all, I think the Texans can contain the Colts at NRG Stadium and get the win in a close one.
    This winning streak started against the Colts, and it will continue against the Colts.
    This will be win #10 in a row. GO TAKE IT!

Texans 27
    Colts 24

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    ROO likes this.
  2. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Trap Game? Need to read a little team news before a prediction. See what JAX did/didnt do because that offense was on fire before that game. Hope they dont come in here pissing lava and shitting lightning bolts.

NastyNate likes this.
  3. JamTex

I don't think it's a trap game. The Texans know the Colts and what Luck is capable of. I think they'll concentrate heavily on this game and be prepared. And you know the Coaches will look at what has and hasn't worked against Luck and his offense and devise a defensive scheme to match him. Romeo is no fool. He's a genius defensive coordinator and he'll have the defense ready to go against Luck and that offense.

Uncle Rico likes this.
  4. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

This game is to clinch the division for the Texans, so almost a must-win for the Colts to keep their playoff hopes alive.

Will be worried if JJo can’t play. We are susceptible to the deep ball, and we all know TY kills us.

5. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

The Colts didn't even score last week against Jacksonville, and the Texans are at least twice as good as the Jaguars, so I predict a 40 point win: Texans 37 / Colts -3

NastyNate, NitroGSXR, santo and 2 others like this.
  6. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

It was the Colts, not the Texans, who were looking past Sunday to this game. This one is our Waterloo. Clots 21, Toros 14.

7. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Cleveland was supposed to be our trap game...didn't happen. I expect they'll be ready

Colts - 13
    Texans - 27

bigmck and NastyNate like this.
  8. htownfan32

htownfan32 Hall of Fame

Guys, this is Luck. You know he'll make it uncomfortably close in the 4th.

Texans 28
    Colts 24

NastyNate likes this.
  9. JamTex

What makes you think the Texans will look past this game? Do you think that the Texans won't be ready for some reason? They haven't looked past an opponent yet this season and have prepared very well for every game in this winning streak. There is no reason at all to believe the Texans won't be ready for this game. Especially since they know the threat that Luck and Hilton can be.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  10. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

The Texans won't look past this game simply because they have no one left on their schedule to look past to. And it's a division game.

Texans win 10 in a row and nail down the division.

11. JamTex

Are you actually starting to believe in this Texans team? That's amazing in itself. That alone gives this Texans team the edge. lol

ROO, CWTexansFan, NitroGSXR and 2 others like this.
  12. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Trap game? That's the biggest stretch since Michael Moore hit the thanksgiving buffet.

I'm mainlining the Texans kool-aid by the drum.

While I think this is a really stiff test, I'll go with the home team.

Give me the men from Texas 26 and the young male uncastrated horses 16.

If that happens, and the Tits lose Thursday, the division is wrapped up! Let's make it happen Texans!

CWTexansFan likes this.
  13. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Dang Unc, that's got to be painful !

14. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I don't care how dubious the circumstances were on some of our wins, and there were a few, you don't go on a 9 game winning streak in the NFL without doing something right. It's obvious the Texans are now a better team than they were when the season started. Once they hit an actual real team in the playoffs is when we'll find out how good they really are.

15. JamTex

I completely agree with you sir. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of this season. Let's hope the Texans keep it up.

16. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

My post didn't remotely suggest that the Texans would look past this game. It indicated that the Colts were looking past the Jags to this game while the Texans were not looking past the Browns to this game. Texans will be ready, but the Dolts have had nothing else on their minds for 2 weeks.

17. JamTex

Well let's hope the Texans prepare better then the Colts do. Something tells me they will.

18. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

While I agree with you that colts were looking past the jags I don't agree that they have now have had nothing else on their minds for two weeks. Getting shut down by a team that by all rights you should have stormed through is going to bring you back to reality and shake you up. The real question is will it shake them enough to throw all of the two weeks of prep for us out the window or will they shake it off. In the past Luck hasn't shown that he shakes things off very well and he seems to get mentally rattled.

Add to that our D will be coming after him hard, yes they didn't get any sacks on Cleveland but I don't think they really planned to. There seemed to be a lot more pass coverage in that game than normal and we seemed to only pressure Mayfield enough to keep him honest. They knew he would throw into tight windows even if he shouldn't and he did. With Luck they know if you shut him down you have shut the Colts down.

Not saying it will be easy but making Luck have a bad day is old hat for this D if they play like we know and seen them play.

19. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

In 13 career games vs. the Texans. Hilton has 67 receptions for 1,246 yards and 9 TDs. He is averaging 18.6 yards a reception.

20. Bugman7star

Bugman7star Rookie

This game spooks me the most when compared to our remaining schedule. Division games can always be tough no matter how good or bad the opponent. The biggest reason I feel that we will still finish on top this Sunday is because our team has fought from 0-3 and seems to be more focused and disciplined. We have had opportunities to drop close games or fall into "traps." We didn't. Old Texans teams would have lost. This isn't the letterman jacket team from several years ago. We are balanced and on a mission.

Texans 30
    Colts 21

Texas Jake likes this.