Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game 10...After The Bye...Washington Redskins!

To me it comes down to he we end up playing.

What he said.

Not many of us are happy with the way we're playing at the moment. Some of us think we've seen the best this team can muster. Some think they'll get better.

I think they're playing better now than they were week 1. I see no reason not to believe they'll be playing better 8 weeks from now.

I feel as if we're about to be humbled back to reality. This winning streak was fool's gold. Redskins out defense us in a boring grinder of a game, Skins 20-16 over the Texans.

Last edited:
The Redskins have a good defense. I expect another game like the Broncos game. Hopefully the Texans can pull another one out. When two teams are close in talent I always go with the better QB, advantage Texans.

Whoever turns the ball ovso less will win.

In order to get to the playoffs the team has to win games first. This is the first of 7 more games. 1 game at a time. It's not time to get ahead of ourselves. This weekend, it's the Texans against the Redskins. Can we concentrate on this game?
yeah, they need to go back to "try to be 1 - 0 every week"

Team better come out prepared. I will crucify the Chin of Butts on Monday if this team comes out slow and uninspired. Im already mentally prepared for 20 middle dives, gross mismanagement and a possible loss, but I will not tolerate a lazy and aloof team especially with 2 weeks to prepare. Washington is like the NFC version of the Texans, flukey wins, not very dominant offensively but a great defense and they are also leading their division not sure this game will qualify as an 'easy' out.

HOU 24
WAS 20

Team better come out prepared. I will crucify the Chin of Butts on Monday if this team comes out slow and uninspired. Im already mentally prepared for 20 middle dives, gross mismanagement and a possible loss, but I will not tolerate a lazy and aloof team especially with 2 weeks to prepare. Washington is like the NFC version of the Texans, flukey wins, not very dominant offensively but a great defense and they are also leading their division not sure this game will qualify as an 'easy' out.

HOU 24
WAS 20

Ridiculously accurate statement.

Redskins have played 2 teams with a winning record and scored over 20 points in three games.

Texans have played 2 teams with a winning record and scored over 20 points in three games.

This is definitely not a marquee matchup between two 6-3 teams. This is two flukes who are trying to see who will out-fluke each other.

Washington is like the NFC version of the Texans, flukey wins, not very dominant offensively but a great defense
That D-Line of the Redskins is going to be a big test for the running game. The Chin of Butts (awesome, by the way) better come up with a "game plan" that doesn't get Watson killed. Wouldn't bother me a bit if I saw 2 or 3 TE's most of the game. But, get them in the passing game too. Not gonna be a pretty game.

I predict I will be stoned for this game. Further, I also predict no matter how stoned I am, and even if the Texans whoop Washington's ass, the Texans will still somehow manage to do something that will piss me off.

Texas and Washington both may win their divisions and be one and done in the playoffs.

Redskins have played 2 teams with a winning record and scored over 20 points in three games.

Texans have played 2 teams with a winning record and scored over 20 points in three games.

This is definitely not a marquee matchup between two 6-3 teams. This is two flukes who are trying to see who will out-fluke each other.

If you really want to go to the Twilight Zone compare their offensive lines. Lucky for us we are superior in the passing game. I'll keep an eye on AP too he may have had this date circled for a while. He wanted to play here and Texans didn't even bother to chat with him. In hindsight who wouldn't have loved AP on this 1 year iteration of the offense? He could have pounded the ball and used Miller appropriately for once.

That D-Line of the Redskins is going to be a big test for the running game. The Chin of Butts (awesome, by the way) better come up with a "game plan" that doesn't get Watson killed. Wouldn't bother me a bit if I saw 2 or 3 TE's most of the game. But, get them in the passing game too. Not gonna be a pretty game.

Their offensive line is beat up too and I'm sure they are having some anxiety too, we've playing good defense and now we get back Colvin, Cunningham, JJo, Ejiofor back? I like our chances to contain their offense.

Payne, Allen and Ionnidis are really good young players, good coach in Tomsula and they are getting after it. They've shut down some of the best running backs in the game so hopefully Mr. OBrien has a contingency plan when his stubborn "why isn't this square peg fitting in the round hole" running philosophy doesn't seem to work.

Their offensive line is beat up too and I'm sure they are having some anxiety too, we've playing good defense and now we get back Colvin, Cunningham, JJo, Ejiofor back? I like our chances to contain their offense.

Payne, Allen and Ionnidis are really good young players, good coach in Tomsula and they are getting after it. They've shut down some of the best running backs in the game so hopefully Mr. OBrien has a contingency plan when his stubborn "why isn't this square peg fitting in the round hole" running philosophy doesn't seem to work.

This running game will always give you one yard, unless that is all you need.

HOU 24
WAS 20
Yeah I am concerned team will hear the noise about both starting guards out and starting OT Trent out. Also I will not get excited if Texans score touchdowns early and fast as I think OBrien will go into turtle mode and play not to lose. I hate that unless up by ten and two minutes left. I did hear a Washington evaluator say this morning that he thinks Dunn is having a better season than Reader and mentioned Blackson starting to come into his own.

it is interesting several opponents we beat had good defenses until we played them.

I predict I will be stoned for this game. Further, I also predict no matter how stoned I am, and even if the Texans whoop Washington's ass, the Texans will still somehow manage to do something that will piss me off.

Texas and Washington both may win their divisions and be one and done in the playoffs.
If this happens I truly question the quality of product you are being supplied...:bender:

If you really want to go to the Twilight Zone compare their offensive lines. Lucky for us we are superior in the passing game. I'll keep an eye on AP too he may have had this date circled for a while. He wanted to play here and Texans didn't even bother to chat with him. In hindsight who wouldn't have loved AP on this 1 year iteration of the offense? He could have pounded the ball and used Miller appropriately for once.
Nah, not signing Peterson was a brilliant move by GM Gaines who will sign Le'Veon Bell in this off season.

I thought the cannabis was supposed to help cure your chronic (some say 'acute') cantankerous-itis.
:D

While I don't see either team - as of right now - going toe-to-toe with the conference powerhouses, they'll get to host a wild card team as division winners. Depending on the match-up, they might win that.

Last edited:
I thought the cannabis was supposed to help cure your chronic (some say 'acute') cantankerous-itis.
:D

That would depend on if you're enjoying an Indica or Sativa strain... and even then effects are widely disparaging

Back