Gaffney Ready To Challenge

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by RTP2110, Aug 20, 2006.

1. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

2. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Gaff had a good game the other night. Hope it works out well for him in Philly.....except on week one of course.

3. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I found this on the Eagles messageboard:

4. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

By: REUBEN FRANK (Sun, Aug/20/2006)

Finally, something from Jabar Gaffney.

After a miserable first few weeks of training camp, Gaffney finally showed up late Thursday night in the fourth quarter of the Eagles' preseason game against the Ravens in Baltimore.

OK, so it was against the Ravens' backups. And it was long after most fans had shut off their TVs. And it was only four catches for 37 yards.

Still, it was the first time anybody has seen Gaffney actually go out and make some plays, and that in itself is encouraging.

"I feel a little bit better," Gaffney said. "I got to get some work in. Coach let me play the whole second half and a little bit of the second quarter. I got a lot of plays in and got to work with (three) different quarterbacks.

"It's moving along, moving along. I feel pretty good working with the offense. I just need to keep practicing. If the coaches get more confidence in me, I can move on and take a more important role."

The Eagles signed Gaffney away from the Texans to assume an important role. Possibly a starter and at worst No. 3 receiver. But his sluggish start to training camp dropped him below undrafted rookie Hank Baskett on the depth chart and then below Darnerien McCants." Yada Yada Yada etc.

I was under the impression we released Gaffney.

Writers license with the truth or am I wrong about this?

:coffee: