Gado To Start

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Samkonfan, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Samkonfan

Samkonfan Rookie

Just heard from an inside source that Gado will start this Sunday. I'm telling you this kid can be good just don't give up on him too early. It doesn't matter if Jim Brown or Walter Payton played running back the last couple of weeks for Houston they were not going to run the ball successfully against those teams and even Jacksonville has an awesome run defense. But given the ball as much as Dayne has gotten over the last few weeks, Gado will be more productive. You can see how the coaches want to try and get Gado the ball because he caught 5 passes last week out of the backfield. I think he does a lot of good things during the week of practice and impresses the coaches and just have been unfortunate to play some of the top rank defenses in the NFL that last few weeks. I think Gado and Lundy will be a good combination, Dayne has seen his best days already. Gado is a class act also and just a good person to have in the locker room.

2. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

Dayne's best days were in college.

3. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Despite achieving the all-time yardage mark, didn't he have a pedestrain YPC in college?

4. real

real Guest

:yawn:

5. TexanLen

TexanLen Veteran

Gado is a third down back. Lundy needs to start. Lundy is much faster and can hopefully get through the tiney holes our line creates. I agree though, I think Gado will be good for the texans.

6. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Oh my Gado!:yikes:

Well it can't get any worse can it?

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Just asking, why do you think the coaches feel completely different?? Are they stupid?? Or do you think Lundy is going to have to earn his start (unlike the Philly game) like Maroney, D'Angelo, Maurice, ReggieBush etc....

I agree that he looked better in the preseason,and even against Philly than Gado or Dayne has..... but Dayne out performed him against Indy. He never should've got that start in Philly.

I'm fine with the Gado Start, but I think Dayne should start. he's the only one who has been getting us postive yards (other than David) on a regular basis. Jacksonville is going to be as tough as Miami & Dallas. But Dayne did screw up a couple of times against Dallas.

I'd be upset, if he activates EdellSheppard or Anderson just to return punts & kickoffs..... Lundy & Walter can do that. But he needs to bring three RBs to this game. We need to run the ball at least 30 times.

8. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Tell your son or brother OR cousin GOOD LUCK! :redtowel:

9. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Lundy needs to stay away from the football field right now.

10. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

I don't care who starts, just get us give us a running game

11. Samkonfan

Samkonfan Rookie

Actually Gado if faster than Lundy. Lundy is without a doubt quicker side to side but straight ahead, Gado smokes him. Trust me. Give the ball to Gado at least 20 he will get you 80 yards rushing without question. Some of the piles that Dayne would just fall on Gado will get more yards.

12. real

real Guest

Lundy,Gado and Dayne=Slow,Slower and Slowest...

It's pick your poison at this point and I think Kubes knows it....I expect him to go with the experience first because that's just how it's done....And it is only the sixth game of the season and I expect to see more young guys the more we start losing and the deeper into the season we go...unlike the previous regime....But @ this point I'd rather see anyone but Dayne....

I see a lot of comments about how we(the fans) don't know anything, and the coaches are getting paid for a reason....

Well...In all honesty...you or I, can do the job that the coaches have been doing....Im tired of all this "coaches knows best" mentality...Kubes has even said himslef...."We're gonna try a lot of different things and see what works"....He might as well set up a suggestion box....Not saying that he's a bad coach...because I think he's a good one....but I'm just saying that not even Kubes has the answers.....

13. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i thought yesterday on cold pizza, someone said lundy would get the start

14. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Guest

Dayne had a great day against Miami, granted that they're Miami. 22 attempts for 58 yards. Dayne seems to be able to grind yards out more so than Gado. Against this tough Jacksonville defense, that's a must.

15. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

I don't care who starts at the RB position...

I just want to see DC air the ball out more...

Anyone know what game he has thrown the ball the most in? Has he ever reached the 40 atts. in a game yet?

Sorry if that got off topic, but just how I feel...

Let DC throw the ball 40 to 50 times and I bet the running game opens up...

16. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

xtruroyaltyx, I always get stuck sitting there watching your avatar play over and over. I'd think I'd get tired of it, but I don't.

I can't remember the name of that linebacker he ran over. Robinson, Robertson . . something. First name's a blank. I know he was a pro bowler.

But I do remember watching that game like it was yesterday. The color commentator was Jim Brown, (not a bad runner himself in his day) and he couldn't stop stop talking about it the rest of the game.

17. real

real Guest

Is this really what we've come to as fans??? To call 22 for 58 great??? O.k is pushing it...Great is just......:um:

18. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

19. touttail

touttail All Pro

Dayne's rushing stats----sucks
    Gado's rushing stats-----sucks
    Lundy's rushing stats----sucks

Is it really all threes fault. Seems more like we need to start benching some linemen.

bobby 119C

thunderkyss likes this.
  20. David's Busted Carr

David's Busted Carr Veteran

I heard Lundy was practicing with the first team all week and is going to start?