Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

full texans 7 round mock with reasons

baba ganoush

Waterboy
Well with the signing of Jordan Black, Danny Clark and Ahman Green and I'm sure there are gong to be a few more smaller pick-ups for depth reasons...With the Quinn talk going around; It has me thinking that if we do draft him, we lose out on LaRon Landry, the best Saftey in the Draft. In my opinion, Saftey is a bigger need than Quarterback. This is what Im thinking...

Round 1: LaRon Landry (S) - Fill our biggest need.
Round 2: Kevin Kolb (QB) - Fills our second biggest need.
Round 3: Doug Datish (C) - Provide much needed depth and an eventual starter.
Round 4: Josh Wilson (CB) - Stock has risen, and he seems to be a talented kid.
Round 5: Keith Jackson (DT) - He could find himself in our D-line rotation.
Round 6: Dalla Sartz (OLB) - Had a good senior year, he'll add depth.
Round 7: Steve Breaston (WR) - Would be a solid reciever.

I also have a feeling that Houston is looking to add another third rounder and go for a wide reciever or an outside linebacker...Some names that pop in my head in this round would be Dallas Baker, Rhema McKnight, Earl Everett and Quincy Black...

AGGIEZ

Practice Squad
I love Landry. Certainly don't want Carr Jr., err, Quinn in the 1st!

We need to draft more than just a Center to address out OL problems...

Not sold on Kolb, and definitely not at the beginning of the 2nd round.

Well with the signing of Jordan Black, Danny Clark and Ahman Green and I'm sure there are gong to be a few more smaller pick-ups for depth reasons...With the Quinn talk going around; It has me thinking that if we do draft him, we lose out on LaRon Landry, the best Saftey in the Draft. In my opinion, Saftey is a bigger need than Quarterback. This is what Im thinking...

I also have a feeling that Houston is looking to add another third rounder and go for a wide reciever or an outside linebacker...Some names that pop in my head in this round would be Dallas Baker, Rhema McKnight, Earl Everett and Quincy Black...
Why draft Kold in the 2nd when you can have him in the 4th?

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
Why draft Kold in the 2nd when you can have him in the 4th?
Agreed. By passing a lot of tallent on the board between 39 and 71 to ensure you get a most tallented clip board holder for next season. I don't care how much you like Kolb, that there thingy is a reach. Big time.

Rest of them look ok Bubba. Really like the CB pick... doesn't necessarly have to be Willson but there should be some tasty bits at DB for us in the second and third round. Lots of sub 4.5 guys gonna be on the board.

freedoggy77

Waterboy
KOLB IN THE 2ND???? HAHAHA

he will be there for us in the 3rd. I seriously doubt he would fall to the 4th tho. Breaston won't be there in the 7th. otherwise ok

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
KOLB IN THE 2ND???? HAHAHA

he will be there for us in the 3rd. I seriously doubt he would fall to the 4th tho. Breaston won't be there in the 7th. otherwise ok
There's forty Wr or so prospects out there, wouldn't surprise me if someone like McNight would still be on the board there. Not saying he's a great
WR, but if they fill the need to have someone in the wings ?

I like Micheal McFaddin there myself or a special teams deamon. Tweener guy with great spead they need to work with. Guy like Tim Shaw might fall. Couple of LBs blazed some forties at the combine. Elite Tallent that doesn't have a position yet.

Sartz is one of my favorite LB's in the draft. I've been high on him for a while. Great size and blitzing ability. Emotional leader and heart of his defense.

This just my opinion on these players but here are my responses to choices.

Rd1 Landry- I like this pick just fine and would be happy if it happened but I would trade back.
Rd 2 Kolb- I think this is a reach and would rather see a CB taken in the 2nd or a OLB
Rd 3 Datish- Overrated player. West Virginia's Dan Mozes would be much better right here IMO
As far as the rest of your picks go I think the rest of these players will be gone when we pick in those rounds except for Keith Jackson. Of course if they were there we would end up with a great 2nd day of the draft.