Frustrated Fan..

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by valleytexfan, Oct 28, 2007.

1. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

And no, I'm not whining about me leaving the Texans as a fan or blah blah blah.

It's frustrating when you want them to be good so much and then they play like they did today. The realist in me told me we couldn't beat San Diego, but to play like that is just awful.

There are so many solutions out there, Kubiak, etc. I'm just severely disappointed. I'm still here as a fan now and for the years to come, but I've got to see some improvement...

2. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

I'm with you brother.... From one Valley fan to another...

3. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

And when the Texans run 35 MORE offensive plays than SD (75-40), outgain SD by 130 yards (367-237), possess the ball 13 minutes MORE than SD (36:32 - 23:28), and convert 53% of their 3rd downs to the Chargers 33%, and all of that WITH giving away the ball 5 times, along with the defense only giving up 41 total yards in the 2nd half, while the Texans roll up almost 200....makes it even more frustrating.

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

stats like this are one reason why it's just worthless to sum up games by comparing stat lines. I know this isn't what you are doing but I thought it was a good example of the stats not being reflective of the domination one team had over the other today. This game, just like last weeks game was over at the half.

5. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

San Diego found ways to score on defense and special teams. They also made their offensive scores very quick without wasting any time. The stats weren't really in our favor at all considering the context...

6. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Oh, I agree. I mean the Texans won a game once with 46 yards total offense, and another with -5 yards passing.

7. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

I know how you feel. I moved to Austin 5yrs ago, but raised in McAllen.

8. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

No need to apologize, and it is not whining. It's the true fan who turns on the TV/enters the stadium every week regardless.

Leaving early, turning off the tv, or being entirely ticked when your TV plays worse than Nebraska is a part of being a fan who cares.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I'm quickly reaching a state of apathy. 6 straight years of a losing product will to that to you. And combined with the garbage play we've been seeing lately, I certainly understand your frustration.