Front Office/HC/OC/DC who do you want?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by painekiller, Oct 11, 2009.

1. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

For the exercise of it. This is if things continue on the current path.

GM - Floyd Reese - currently with the Pats
    HC - HC - Marty Mornhinweg Currently Assistent HC/Offensive OC w/Eagles
    OC - Andy Heck Currently with Jags OL

DC - Wade Phillips current HC of the Cowboys.

It just a thought. Give your reasons for your choices.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  2. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Marty Mornhinweg? Really?

3. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

We want a coach capable of losing every game, and we thought Kubes was bad.

4. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

The guy who won the coin toss in overtime and deferred? really? Im glad you dont have pull with the Texans.

5. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

And you think Cowher is coming here? How about Jimmy Johnson? Be realistic. The Texans are not going to get Parchells, Shanahan, Cowher, or Mike Holmgren. You can have Jon Gruden.

We have gone the new HC route and it takes to long to learn, so give me the recycled guy everyone wrote off. The Tom Coughlin's of the world.

Add a top DC who is on the rebound from a bad HC job.

And let's evaluate our players on a real level, could they start for any of the playoff teams?

6. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

I would take a recycled guy who has had success like Coughlin but Morningwig hasn't done shit ever. The Lions got worse when he was coach and thats saying something.

7. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

Let's go Dan Reeves as HC

He and Wade have worked together a bunch of times. And they seem to always get to the playoffs.

8. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

Bring in Marty Schottenheimer. He may have problems in the playoffs but at least he GETS THERE.

9. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

And where did Coughlin have success before he was recycled? I never saw Jacksonville in the the big game.

10. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Wade Phillips are you serious?? You think the Texans would do better sleep walking?

11. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

He is an excellent DC. He sucks as a HC.

12. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

Not a bad choice, especially if he brings his son as OC.

13. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Jeff Fisher if he became available if i had to pick a HC ..

he could scare that defense up .

and probably keep the offense coaches in tack, except for the offensive line

14. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Um, have you seen the "excellent" job he has done with the COwboys D this season. His D allowed mighty Matt Cassel and the KC chiefs to drive down the field and get a tying TD to send the game to OT!

15. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

If we are thinking outside of the box lets go with Dick Vermeil. I mean we all know we can't run the ball and all Vermeil did was have Warner sling the ball all over the place. Greatest show on Turf you know!

16. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Holmgren and Cowher would be longshots. That's a given. Shanahan wont happen for obvious reasons.

Of the other proven winning candidates, that leaves Schotty and Gruden. Schotty would bring some quality coaches with him but is a little long in the tooth for me. Ask Bucs fan if they want Gruden back?

For some reason there seems to be this Gruden hatred but what has the guy done besides win? He took BRAD JOHNSON!! to the Super Bowl and WON IT!! Dungy couldn't do it and Gruden did. He also helped build and mold a Raiders team into a Super Bowl contender and once he left.....they went to hell. He leaves the Bucs this year, and they go from playoff contender to #1 overall pick contender.

Gruden would bring proven coaching staff that has already worked under him and he would bring some of the fire and passion and intensity that this current team so sorely lacks.

We would be lucky to have Jon Gruden as our coach. He is the best guy that we would have a realistic chance at grabbing.

Bring Bruce Allen as his GM partner, and fill in OC and DC with some good coaching.

And while you are at it, try luring a real difference maker to our team in Free Agency.

17. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I know some people here don't like him, but the guy I really like and the guy I think would be perfect here is....

Jon Gruden. I'm tired of people saying "he only won with Dungy's players". The guy coached a team to a winning season and playoff apearence after the Bucs were "Dungy's team". He also was the last head coach that really won in Oakland. (which isn't easy to do). He's a good coach and he'll be a head coach for someone next season (hopefully here). He's only had 3 losing seasons in his 11 year head coaching career.

With him as coach you're getting a guy who has won at every spot he's ever been at......he's a experienced head coach (and still young), and you don't have to completely rebuild the offensive scheme with him (the only positive our team has consistently had over the years)...you'll just have to tweek it.

He's also the fire and brimstone coach everybody has been asking for, he practically sleeps in his office, and he doesn't except losing, inconsistency, or subpar play from anybody....in other words he doesn't put up with mediocrity, which is actually what we've been under Kubiak. He's the kind of coach who'll probably wear out the team he's coaching after 5-6 years...but his style will sure as hell kick a team in the pants when he first comes in (which is the reason he took Dungy's team further than Dungy ever could).

I don't care what anybody says......I'm firmly planted in the Gruden camp, because he makes sense, and unlike Cowher and Holmgrem....we can actually get him to coach here. I don't want to try out another hotshot coordinator, we can't afford to miss on another "experiment". I want a guy who's proven he can win in this league...the safe pick.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
    Second Honeymoon likes this.
  18. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Hmm.....great minds think alike :cool:

Gruden is the guy I've wanted for awhile now.

19. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

I like Chucky always have. I love the intensity he brings. Runs a similar offense to what we have now. If he can find the right DC, I'm on board.

20. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

John Gruden sucks. His players didnt even like him. Hes nothing but an attention whore. Look at me, look at me I make stupid faces to get attention. Barf!!!!! If we hired him I would never watch another Texans game again.