Front Office Discussion

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texas_Thrill, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

Don't get me wrong I'm happy with some of the additions we've made in the off-season.

I'm a bit ticked that we decided to give Carr one more year when Reeves said take VY last year but water under the bridge (i guess).

I like Schaub and don't think we overpaid for him. We essentially if you want to look at it gave up a 2nd next year and 2 spots. To me that's pretty cheap. He counts as our 2nd round pick this year. If we'd given up a first all together i'd been pissed.

Its going to be weird not seeing Carr out there throwing dumb downs to the back. Yes that was on purpose. Pissed we got NOTHING for him after all these years. Thanks Bob.

I don't know I'm just feeling torn about so many moving parts but very EXCITED at the same time.

2. rafterticket

rafterticket Veteran

Let it go, brother. They did what they had to do to move forward. And EVERYONE knew Carr was gone from here. He never had any trade value because of that fact.

Just stay with the excited part.

3. Cupps

Cupps Veteran

It's weird because for once we don't know what's going to happen. Sadly, almost every season prior to this one we'd been able to count on several things: inconsistent play from Carr (I personally loved the guy, not trying to hate), a week offensive line, two losses to Indianapolis and not contending.

Not to say we'll be in the playoffs this year... but everything is so new and different... I can't wait!!! :)

Runner likes this.
  4. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

What he said!

5. SamuraiSword

SamuraiSword Veteran

I am seriously thinking about getting madden game next season......with all the new changes to our offense and defense it might be worth playing now.:drool:

6. bad

bad Veteran

You're not the only one, Texas_Thrill. I hear ya. It's the feeling you get when you take a new job or move to a new town; it's exciting, it's different, it's probably for the best...but you leave your familiar comfort zone behind. There's an awkward uneasiness that lingers for awhile.

Winning should fix all that.

Remember that progress cannot happen without something changing and that this franchise spent five years spinning its wheels with Carr at QB. It's time to turn the page.

Go Texans!

Texas_Thrill likes this.
  7. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

The fact of the matter is the team is moving in a different direction and for most of us it's scary and exeraliting all at the same time. We know opps knew what to expect from DC now we are going into the draft,OTA's, and TC with a new hope.
    The FO and the Coaching Staff are putting it out there that they want to win as bad as we want them to win and the changes thus far show most of us they are committed to this. Face it Mr McNair just ate 75+ million dollars on one player with nothing to show for it and if he had wanted to we could have been facing two more years with DC because of the contract extention.

8. Greengo707

Greengo707 Rookie

Please people we need to quit lying to ourselves this team is owned and run by idiots! Some of you blame the Raiders for Phillip Buchanon, well if you watched him with the raiders you would have known he was a headache and injury prone so that was nothing new, the texans brilliant FO just releases him so the bucs can sign him, and then re-sign him to a new contract, so your going to tell me no one would offer any pick for him? And now Carr another former first rounder gone with nothing to show for him!! I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT NO TEAM WOULD OFFER A 4TH ROUNDER DOWN!! I believe a third would have been a stretch at this point with everyone knowing he was going but nothing after giving up so much for SCHAUB. SO MUCH FOR STOCKING UP ON PICKS THE FO BELIEVES THE TEAM IS GOOD ENOUGH TO GIVE THEM AWAY!!! Williams was done from all I've read but Carr will sign and play the team could have gotten something. AT LEAST THEY ARE CONSISTANT WITH IGNORANCE!!! Seriously Texan Fans prepare yourselves for the 1 pick in this draft to be traded for a Gramaticca or to whomever owns the rights to Maurice Clarett.

9. El Amigo Invisible

El Amigo Invisible All Pro

It is nice, yes?

10. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

I'm pretty sure the Denver Police Dept. holds the rights to Clarett. I could be way off though.

DocBar likes this.
  11. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Got to love chicken chit morons who make a new sign-in to hide behind.

12. Cupps

Cupps Veteran

Punctuation, paragraphs and breathing are all good things. Relax.

I've doubted our front office before, but I'd like to think even a monkey picks getting something over nothing. Carr had very little trade value, and even less after we got Schaub. Miami was using Carr as a lure to get Green, IMO, and ultimately the other suitors don't want to give away a pick when they knew we'd cut him anyways.

In the end, we had no other choice. Besides, if you really don't like it... there's a door. Good luck.

13. WillyP

WillyP Rookie

You're a colossal *****. You do know that we have new coach and general manager, right?

You might take notice of the thread below this one titled "VONTA LEACH NEWS: TEXANS MATCH GIANTS OFFER SHEET"

14. Roughnecks

Roughnecks Veteran

Well DC is gone so now lets bash the FO maybe we should release them and see who is available in the market let it go move on. All You read now a days is a bunch of crying and complaining man I am tired of getting on here and seeing all the Carr sux the FO sux the owner sux this team sux let it go and be glad they realize they screwed up and are trying to fix it.

15. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

This post doesn't deserve the attention it is drawing... can I move to have this thread deleted?

16. Cupps

Cupps Veteran

Some people have to have someone to blame and something to scream about... otherwise what would they do?

It's not like we're all here to support and cheer for this team., What kind of fans would we be then?

</sarcasm>

17. Roughnecks

Roughnecks Veteran

OK understood

18. jdm12

jdm12 Rookie

Play GM of another team for a minute. If the Texans sign another QB to a 6 year deal and give up two draft picks, do you really think that QB is going to ride the pine. No, he is the new starting QB. So, why on earth would you (the GM) part with a draft pick when you know DC is not going to be back with the Texans. Add to that the outrageous contract that he carries for an unproven and damaged QB. No team wants to pick up that tab.

So you and every other GM do what actually happened. You tell Rick Smith that you are not interested. The Texans cut him (done) and suck up and take the cap hit (soon to come). Now you (the interesed GM) calls David, work him out, sign him to a contract worth much less, and still have all of your draft picks.

That's why DC was cut. Not becasue he is worth nothing. Becasue no one has a reason to give up anything for him.

J

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I have not been this excited since our first offseason when our very first Texan squad was being formed. :yahoo:

20. Cupps

Cupps Veteran

Besides... I'm quietly compiling a list of all this constant nay-sayers and people needing to bash the organization for anything and everything... and so help me God if/when we win a Super Bowl, I'm making sure none of the people that complaining the whole time are allowed to partake in our celebration... so there.

*hops off soapbox*