Friday after Poll.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by powerfuldragon, Dec 14, 2007.

?

Thursday night's was the best Texans game i've ever seen.

1. Yes.

50.0%
  2. Of course.

7.9%
  3. No. (post which one and why.)

36.8%
  4. Go away.

5.3%
  1. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

wait for the poll.

:texflag:

2. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Woohoo!!!

3. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

First game in franchise HISTORY...the Cowgirls went DOWN! To me that was their finest hour. Last night was great but seeing the Cowgirls get whipped is ALWAYS a joy. It's an even BIGGER joy when the team you back does it!:splits:

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I think this Broncos game and the Saints game this year were both really fun to watch.

5. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

NOTHING, so far, has beat the Cowboys game!! This one was great, but, our very first franchise win over the "boys" will always be hard to beat.

6. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i understand your points and probably will agree with you in a few days once this initial wave of endorphins and dopamine subsides.

7. donbmt

donbmt Veteran

I agree

8. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

We're not an expansion team anymore. We saw the birth of star last night. As much as I hate the cowpolkes...this has to be the sweetess win just for the fact that Mario shoved all the hate and doubt over the '06 draft right back down their throats. The guy is a beast.

There's no tight roap to walk any more. Either you are or you're not a Texan now.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

the best Texans game i've ever seen:

1. 19-10 over Cowboys
    2. 27-24 over Colts
    3. 31-13 over Broncos

:texflag:

10. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

I have to agree with DB on this one. His list is on the money.

19-10 will be at the top of the list until we win the Super Bowl. That was a special night indeed.

11. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

Last night was a great game, but I gotta go with our first win ever. It felt great to shut up my older brothers who are Cowboy fans. Saints game was good as well, and the Indy game last year because we finally beat them.

12. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

last night was probably the best overall performance though.. name one guy who played badly? nada

im still pumped that i got to watch it thanks to a last minute tv schedule change.. cant wait to watch the replay

13. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

I agree with you boss, just my personnal preference.

14. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

I swear you're my twin. That's what I was gonna note (minus the scores).

Cowboys - first win, over cowboys, national audience (+3)
    Colts - first win over Colts - by our new coach and staff (+2.5)
    Denver - first win on national tv (correct?), Kubiak snatched the pebble - as someone else noted, and you can see another corner turned. (+2)

Voting is skewed though to have "yes" and "of course". Where's the "no, but good LAWD it was awesome" option?

15. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

For me personally, until the Texans win a Super Bowl, the last regular season game in which they defeat the Cowgirls will always remain their best game.

Sorry, no exceptions. I hate the Cowgirls that much.

16. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

X-Mas Eve Indy Game...also the 1st Texans Game was one of my favorites & our come from behind win against Car was great. This is a top game but not the best

17. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

This was an amazing game too(#3 on my list) because it was on pseudo-national TV, we played a complete game, and beat the city where I reside. Since I don't live in Htown, I might get to go to one game a year. Last year was the first game I attended in Htown that they won. So, yeah that would be the best game I have seen.

My top 5
    1. Xmas eve 2006 vs Indy
    This is my vote too because I was at the game. I was sitting in the nose bleed section surrounded by happy Texans fans that we had finally beaten the bully of the division.

2. Bears 2004
    I was living in chicago at the time and I wanted to see the boys. I ended up flying back to Htown the next day. It was typical Chicago in winter. I was there, and frigid, but what better way to warm up than a
    24-5 win in New Soldier Field!

3. Denver@Htown and Super Mario grabs his mushroom!
    The best game I have seen on TV. I dont have to say too much here.

4.First game against Dallas
    The start of a new Era. Based on raw emotion it was great. A sunday night national game against our in state rivals. Dallas expected an easy start to the season and we showed them why you need to get up for EVERY NFL game.

5. Saints 2007
    With all the press about Reggie and how Mario was SUCH a bad pick, it was great to see Mario man handle Reggie and the Good guys get the W against the Saints. I was at a Sports bar with A lot of Saints fans and before the game all they all jawing and thanking Htown for the "mistake" of not drafting Reggie. They were all predicting a 250 yard game for Reggie(150 rushing and 100 receiving). At the end, they didn't have much to say at all and tried to quietly sneak out. Of course I didn't let them leave without a little trash and i got some rousing cheers from other team fans around me.

18. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

If we are grading on an importance to the fans, the 19-10 game will be first till we win a Super Bowl.

If we're grading on the performance of the team, I don't think I have ever seen the Texans play as well as they did last night. Last night they looked like a team that could truly beat anybody in the NFL, and it's the first time that they have ever looked that good.

SA Texan likes this.
  19. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

The 19-10 game was national TV. Sunday Night Football. That game was also the only nationally televised game the Texans have won....before last night.

Not so sure it has to be a Super Bowl. 19-10 will always, ALWAYS be special, but wait 'til they win that game that clinches a playoff berth, or the first playoff win, or 1st playoff win AT HOME.

We've got a lot of great moments ahead of us. 19-10 was an awesome start for the franchise, last night may have been the awesome start for a WINNING franchise.

20. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

I second that.