Freeney on Carr: 'He's my boy.'

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans_Chick, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Link

After he says that, he kinda crawdaddies some and says he is improving and is tough.

2. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

Of course he's his boy.....Dc gave him all those sack numbers he's had the past few years.

3. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

I know that D.F. is a big CARR supporter to stay in Houston! When he gets inducted to the HOF, he will mention Carr as the one who helped him get there.....then D.F. will start to get all choked up! Afterwards, after he composes himself, he will mention his mom, former teammates, & friends,etc..:)

4. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

So, is there any way we make him eat these words?

5. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Only if ya print them out and tape them to the front of Carr's jersey.

Hervoyel, Revolution and kcwilson like this.
  6. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

Yes. Run Ron Dayne at him All Game Long! You got that, Kubiak? All Game Long!

7. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Winner.

8. Drager

Drager Rookie

"So, is there any way we make him eat these words?"

Only if we win & hold him to zero in the sack dept. I'd really like to see that happen, but I know it may be asking way too much.

9. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

Texans-Chick, I would only like to give you a mild rebuttal, if that was your article.

It is about this part: "Yeah, David Carr might be a good quarterback behind a good line with a good running game added to the good receivers they already have, but ultimately most teams don't have the luxury of perfection in all the players surrounding the quarterback. An QB has to be able to make plays in less than ideal circumstances sometimes."

Maybe it is just semantics, but I felt you implied here that perfection for an offense consists of the summation of a good line, running game, quarterback, and recievers. My rebuttal is this. Perfection for an offense would consist of the summation of a great line, running game, quarterback, and recievers. I agree that a quarterback has to be able to make plays in less than ideal circumstances sometimes, but one shouldn't understate how far from ideal the circumstances are that the Texans quarterback has consistently been asked to perform under. I feel like many of David Carr's fiercest critics continue to make light of these said circumstances. Despite any and all of David Carr's faults as a player I am most impressed with his toughness and resiliency. I am costantly amazed to see him continue to get back up after another unblocked defender pummels him to the ground. It is hard to believe that he hasn't had concussion problems or any other major injuries. When critics fail to acknowledge the consitently deplorable condition of the Texans's Offensive Line and all that that entails it leads me to the conclusion that these critics are ignorant about football. Any person that truly understands the game of football will tell you that there is one fundamental aspect about football that hasn't changed since the game began, and I'm talking about even from before the advent of the forward pass. The fundamental rule of football is that lineplay is what determines the outcome of almost every game, with the rare exception of untimely turnovers trumping that occasionally. If it is that simple, then why doesn't every team load up with Offensive and Defensive Linemen with every pick of the First and Second Rounds of the NFL Draft each year, one might ask. The answer is that the NFL is a business. Specifically, a business that must depend on the interests of ignorant casual fans. To peek the interests of these fans teams must make a splash with flashy players like Reggie Bush, among others. If the NFL owners profitabilty was determined by winning championships alone the NFL draft would look vastly different and I believe be more indicative of an approach to actually building great teams, and it would all start with the Linemen, where it should.

10. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

If I was Carr and I read this garbage, I'd be out of my mind. I don't care who you are, you don't kick a man when he is down.

The football gods may have something to say about this on Sunday...I can see it now...Freeney blows out anterior cruciate...

Freeney had been flatlining all season long and he has a big game v. the Bengals and thinks he is cat's meow and starts talking smack....no class

11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

:rofl:

12. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

He'll probably invite David to be his guest at the ceremony too. I can see Carr now in his speech.....

"I know most of you have no clue who I am.....most of you know me as the guy who got sacked more than anybody in the history of the league, a bust maybe (crowd laughs)...and that's all true, but...but...(starts choking up) i'm just proud that I helped this guy get to the hall of fame, it's all I got "
    (DF and DC hug)

13. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

dude, that is freakin hilarious

'a bust? maybe (crowd laughs)'....that is hilarious stuff..top shelf

14. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

It's late, I'm bored....what else is there to do?

15. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Show this to the anti-Mario camp and Freeney's a total bust this year.

16. Heywood

Heywood Veteran

wow- amazingly fresh smack!

17. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

No. DC is Freeney sack meat. He doesn't use the interior pocket for protection. A little tasmanian devil like Freeney pins back his ears against dummies like Carr who run backwards right into their edge.

18. L33Z71

L33Z71 Rookie

Funniest thing I've read all year. Unfortunately its true too.

19. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Pitts shut him down one year

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

he didn't do much this past September when we played them did he??