Fred Weary

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Marcus, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Well, since players are being singled out, I don't see why Weary shouldn't be in the mix.

From what I understand, he played very well last night, and I've also heard he's been a pleasant surprise to Mike Sherman in camp. I don't know if he's just now coming into his own, or is the beneficiary of good coaching, combined with picking up the zone blocking scheme really well, but in previous seasons, he seemed to underachieve.

Comments from closer observers?

2. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I thought it was interesting that one of our new staff's first moves was to resign Weary when they came on board. Apparently he is another player with latent talent that the new guys could identify in film study.

It makes me happy to see him do well; I am willing to give McKinney the benefit of the doubt like I am with everyone else, but I was always worried about him, even at guard.

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

On the Rhodes (I think it was Rhodes) TD up the middle Weary destroyed his man as the back walked in clean.

4. WILLIEG

WILLIEG Veteran

I totally agree and Mckinney should be really worried right now with how well Weary is preforming. The guy is a beast! It's crazy to see a complete 180from last year to this 1st pre-season in regards to the whole O-line.