Fred Taylor guarantees victory over Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Lucky, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

From the Florida Times-Union:

No need to even watch the game now. :rolleyes: Thanks for the BB material,Fred.

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

We haven't won a road game in two years. That's some big talk...from a team that has a losing record to us.

3. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

How about he stays healthy during the week of practice and plays the whole game against us. Can he guarantee that?

4. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

I guaruntee a victory for us this week.

We have nothing to loose. They have everything to loose. WE ALWAYS play well against these guys.

Early prediction- Texans 21 Jaguars 13

5. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Right..... Big talk from someone who can't stay on the field... ever!

6. Blake

Blake MMQB

Speeking of being able to watch the game. Lets just hope the Jags dont get blacked out, so they can see the Texans smoke the Jags like we do 90% of the time. :redtowel:

7. Chicagotexan1

Chicagotexan1 Hall of Fame

In a van down by the river next to another van dow
    Just when I thought I couldn't dispise the Jagholes anymore. BTW, TexanBill that is one beautiful avatar. Does is come in wall sized too?

8. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

The odds of us winning on the road go up as we lose. It's more likely we will win in Jax now than it was before NY, because eventually everyone wins on the road, so given that and the fact that we always give them a hard time and Fragile has given some good BB material.....I suspect that we will win in Jax.

9. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

After yesterdays performance, and the enthusiasm bleeding over into this week's practices, I'd lay money on a victory this next Sunday.

I's got the Texan Infection, and a victory is the only cure!!!

10. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

Is that like the gambler's fallacy where people think heads is more likely to occur just because tails has happened 10 times in a row before... :spy:

11. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

Jacksonville has been the most arrogant team in the league for a couple of years now. It's not just the fans - players, coach do it, too - they all think they're some sort of football gods.

The reality of the situation is that with the injuries they have, they're not fielding any more skill than we are. They'll have homefield this time, but they've got one of the weakest homefield advantages around.

I kinda saw this coming after that big blowout win they had - same thing happened last time, too. Everytime the Jags win big, their heads get just as large.

12. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I would disagree there. With all their injuries, they're still a good team. With most of our starters, we're still a bad team. They have much better depth than we do. They have more talent that the Texans do. We always play them close because it's the closest thing we have to a rivalry, but on paper, the Jags have better players.

13. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I respect the Jaguars, but I'm not scared of them. And our team shouldn't be, either. We just beat them good a couple of weeks ago, and we just played a tight game against a very solid Giants team on the road. So I know we can do it. They just need to get out there and bring it again.

But thanks for the bulletin board quote, Fred.

14. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Nope, sorry that was a personal shot I took....

15. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Now that's funny!

16. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Sounds like we got into fred's head last game lol.

TEXANS 28 jagoffs 17.

17. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

Are you so sure? For every spot that they have a Fred Taylor vs. Wali Lundy or a Deon Grant vs. CC Brown, we have an Andre Johnson vs. Matt Jones or a Owen Daniels vs. Kyle Brady. Apart from having lost Mike Peterson and Reggie Hayward for the season, the defense was without Stroud (#2 DT) and Cousins (nickelback) for the last game, and lost (#1 CB) Rashean Mathis, (#1 DT) Henderson and Cordova (their swing OLB) to injury.

I would say that we have a substantially better offensive group and they have (counting all their injuries) a slightly stronger defensive group. However, our defense hasn't performed badly at all the last several weeks.

18. x904jagx

x904jagx Rookie

haha. you guys are funny.

yeah, you beat us two weeks ago. go you guys.

henderson and mathis will both play this upcomming weekend. we had a 20-0 lead on the titans with the game under control and there was really no need to keep them in.

this sunday the jags will be fired up and ready to go barring the loss from our last meeting.

you all also seem to think we have a soft home field advantage. well clearly you havent been to jacksonville anytime recently. we've outscored out opposition 124-24 at home this season thus far, also holding two shutouts over the jets and steelers.

if any of you are planning on taking the trip down here this sunday, i'd recommend you save your money for another meanigless outing because this sunday will not be the texans sunday to say the least.

19. real

real Guest

will that even the all time series ?

20. x904jagx

x904jagx Rookie

regaurdless of where the series stands...have fun watching the playoffs this year with your team once again "re-grouping" and trying to figure out how to draft!