Frank Bush talks about his picks.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by barrett, May 3, 2010.

1. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

2. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Sounds like they definitely saw something in Mcmannis that the rest of us missed. :doot:

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Good interview and great information. I think Drew is doing a pretty good job... but not near as good looking as Brooke was! :smooch:

4. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

The dude was a victim of the process and like Bush said they had to watch film and trust what they saw .

I think it's good gamble because if he goes to the combine and runs a 4.4 with a 40 vertical , where's he go .

5. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Bush seems really excited for this year...Me Too!

6. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

7. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

When Kubiak stops being our coach, we should consider Frank Bush. Something about him.

8. Ole Miss Texan

I see this thread getting derailed in 5....4....3....2....:popcorn:

9. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

With just a slight improvement on defense and if we have just a decent improvement in running game, if nothing else goes really wrong, we could have a very good team. I know that is a lot of ifs but success in these areas should be forthcoming next season. Regardless of my concerns about Kareem Jackson, I am glad to have the Dunta issue an object in the rear view mirror.

10. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Overview:
    K Jackson-Gives guys an extra second to get after the QB (Burn on Dunta?) Mature, calm, understands football well.

E Mitchell-Hell of an athlete, plays with ears pinned back. Can't just play one position in the NFL, has to backup several positions and his versatility of being an ex TE/H back helps. Excited to have him, he's excited to be home.

D Sharpton-Toughness of a Miami LB. Hits. "Shows cover skills". Blends in with LB corps well. Smart. Helps special teams.

S McMannis-A little injured, maybe knocked him down in the draft. Saw a shutdown CB in his play. Runs with WR well. Playmaking ability. Played through injuries, tough guy.

Excited to get back to coaching the group.

I'm excited to see this D turn another corner. Hopefully without the slow start bullshit.

11. Blake

Blake MMQB

I dont think so. I think they are definitely rolling the dice on this one. IMO they are gambling that Mcmannis lives up to what they think his potential should be. And thats on limited game play.

12. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

McMannis really is a hell of a player from what I've seen of him. Having watched a lot of Big ten football the last few years I've seen Northwestern play quite a few times. He always stood out to me. Very smart player and he gets every single ounce out of his athletic ability.

Is he ever going to be a star in the NFL? In my opinion, probably not. He just doesn't have elite athleticism. But I think he will be solid. Sometimes you don't have to be the greatest athlete in the world to be a good football player. If you know what your job is and you know how to get it done you can be successful.

I don't think he will ever be a starter in this league, but I think he is one of those guys that can hang around for a long time because he minimizes his mistakes.

13. No More 8-8's

No More 8-8's Veteran

I am more concerned with how Frank Bush reacts to Kareem Jackson's picks.

/amirite?

14. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Ironically, Frank Bush might be the reason Kubiak is still the coach

15. GP

GP Go Texans!

I was hoping that it would happen at the end of this past season, but old Gurry Kubiak found a way to rally the kids and make a decent finish. :swings:

16. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I'm not being a Kubiak hater and I want Kubiak to be the coach here for many years because that SHOULD mean we are a playoff team/Super Bowl contender if he stays for a while.

However, just seeing Frank Bush and how he seems to want one of those hard nosed tough defenses, I think he would do real well here. He seems to have a no nonsense approach to things.

17. Ole Miss Texan

Funny how many people were up in arms over Bush being promoted. Kubiak's insistence on getting Bush would get him fired but at the same time McNair was just too cheap to hire a "good" DC.

18. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Yeah, I remember those discussions. LOL

Funny how different the future always seems to be from what we think it will be.

19. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Both for the better and for the worse.

Going into the 2007 season, people were screaming that we had no depth at receiver and sure enough, AJ got hurt. What we found out was that between Walters, O.D. and Andre Davis, we had a pretty servicable receiving corp. - even above average with the return of a healthy AJ.

Going into the 2008 season (up through and including the preseason), folks were convinced that our running game was going to be abysmal because all we'd done to address is was draft a 3rd round RB. Then the 3rd round RB went out and put up over 1200 yards rushing, over 1600 yards from scrimmage and scored 10 TD's

Going into the 2009 season, we had an underqualified d-coordinator who was only promoted because he was cheap and used to coach for the Bronco's. Oh, and we'd overpaid stupid money on a FA defensive end. But on the otherhand, we had the run game taken care of.

It just goes to show you that the only lesson you can take away from all of this is that we are clearly under-manned at the Free Safety position.

eriadoc, Wolf, Ole Miss Texan and 3 others like this.
  20. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

LOL. Rep.