Franchise Player

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by God of Wine, Mar 12, 2005.

1. God of Wine

God of Wine Guest

Which player in the NFL today would you start your franchise with?

I honestly would rank AJ up in the Top 10. He is young,great work ethic and attitude, and still developing.

Ladainian Tomlinson is the one that I think I would start with. :hmmm:

2. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Michael Vick.

If the team does not win, I can at least generate some revenue and sell off a cruddy team to some fool for more money. Yup.

3. uga_iv

uga_iv Rookie

Good point. Are we picking to win or make $$$$? If it is $$$$, the Vick pick makes since. The Falcons ticket sales have sky-rocketed since getting Vick (long before this season's NFC Championship game). The problem is that I think much of the revenue from the sale of Vick shirts, bobble dolls, etc. is shared amongst league owners.

4. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I'd go with Brady over Peyton & Vick due to Tom having a more manageable contract. I wouldn't go with a RB, because they usually have shorter careers. AJ is the only WR I'd consider at this point. The defensive players I would consider are Peppers & Freeney.

5. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

right on with brady...the boy has three superbowl rings...who better to start a franchise with...after him i'd go with LT then andre then peppers

6. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

Julius Jones, if he played in the first half of the season he would of got the 2004 rushing title.

7. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

Ray Lewis! The guy keeps his whole team in check!