Foxsports:Texans select brown

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Wolf, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

2. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

That mock is forever to be named "corky" and is destined to drool over a vat of fry grease.

If Peterson's there, we're getting him. Bob McNair sez so....just not publically.

3. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

why would you be upset? he's obviously the 2nd best OT in the draft and the fall off after him is so great its not even worth mentioning.

considering our o-line he would be the equivalent of taking landry for the secondary.

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

i think for the talent that is left we could trade down

5. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

honestly this is not a talented draft after about 3 players.

Unless we get CJ,AP, or JT i feel like anyone we take at 8 in most other years would be a mid to late first rounder at best.

At this point i'm more in favor of going for the gusto and moving up but highly doubt that will happen.

Beyond that though staying at 8 and getting a possible franchise LT. How can we really be mad at that considering we've NEVER had one???? The battle is won up front and given we are about to ask an over the hill Green to be something he hasn't been in years. I'd think it would make sense for us to give him the biggest holes possible.

6. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

for all the complaning about the o-line you guys have had over the years, this would be a beautiful pick.

7. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

heres to that bro :toast2:

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

you probably right, and I am hoping Spencer can come back.

for LT is the bermuda triangle for the Texans

9. freedoggy77

freedoggy77 Veteran

what is this fool smoking? AD falling to 12...as fat joe says CRACK CRACK CRACK...btw i tried to post this but my server messed up so I can't post new threads...i've been trying for 2 days lol

10. Blake

Blake MMQB

Well personally I think we are set at tackle. With Jordan Black, a starter at LT backing up Spencer, and Salaam backing up Winston. I guess the only question is will Spencer be ready.

I think we could use a guard like Blalock, or Grubbs in the 2nd round, really, really bad.

11. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

Other way around IMO, we are set at guard.

Jordan Black is an insurance policy incase 1. We don't for some reason go T in the first two selections 2. In case Spencer doesn't come back healthy.

Good left tackles aren't let go and specially, though i like the price we signed him for, not that price. I like Winston at RT though and before the injury it did look like we had our bookend T's. I do hope Kalil falls into the second for us though as well :D

12. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I think we still need help along the oline. Kalil is a must for me at C..to continue the youth along the line and having a C than can actually play it.

I don't see us really needing to spend a 1st round pick on LT/RT with the amount of holes we have elsewhere. I think we can get a better player than Levi at 8 that will fit a big need. if spencer can be healthy next season we'll be fine on the oline...not great but fine...still in need of help each year though.

13. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

Ole Miss,
    I like your signature. As a Longhorn grad, it just feels strange that I want an OU guy on my team. But if you're nickname is AD, what the hell. We won anyways. Hook em!

14. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Does anyone really think the oo-line is the corner stone of this team.

Get real, lets develop a line on both sides of the ball to make this a winning team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

Edit: Was a little hot headed in my first post. I don't have a problem with drafting Brown in the 1st, I do have a problem with drafting Brown in the top 10. Any other year he would be 2nd to 3rd round talent yet this year so many seem to see him as a top 10 pick just because he is the 2nd best OLT in THIS years draft.

16. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Levi Brown is as good if not a better prospect than Jordan Gross (#8th overall 03) & Jammal Brown (#13 overall 05) so take that range 8-13 roughly as fair market value. its not such a huge reach @ #8 :)

17. bigbrewster2000

bigbrewster2000 4th Infantry

You can get a cheaper Center in Dan Mozes with very similar talent in the 3rd round.

18. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

how in the world can you justify him being a 2nd or 3rd rounder? and just because he's the 2nd best LT in a relatively weak class doesn't mean he's going to automatically be top 10. that's ridiculous. the 2nd T wasn't drafted till the second round last year. you wanna know why brown is being looked at as a top 10 pick? because he's a TOP 10 PLAYER.

19. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

I'll admit, maybe I was being a tad bit sarcastic in stating that he is 2nd to 3rd round talent. I do still stand by the fact that I smell another Robert Gallery though. I don't like his work ethic (or lack there-of) and don't see him being a talent worthy of the #8 over-all.

If we do take him at the #8 spot and he does pan out to be worthy of the pick, I will be right back on these boards to openly admit I was wrong. I am pretty confident that I won't have to though.

20. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

basically no similarities to gallery.