Fox Sports gives our draft a C-

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by powerfuldragon, Apr 29, 2007.

1. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

it's fox sports. i still haven't been able to find any jacoby jones highlights.

2. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

Luckily the game of football is played on the football field. Stories like these are articles to hype the fans up. I like the Texans draft, as well as i'm sure the Texan brass liked the draft. That's all that matters.

3. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

The Texans get a C- and the Titans get a C. Can you say full of crap or talking out your arse ... maybe he needs to watch eSpinNews more so he knows what he is talking about.

Add to that Washington had a terrible draft by not addressing any needs what so ever.

:texflag:

4. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

Yeah....the best film I've seen of him was run on Channel 2 last night.

C-? Whatever.....

5. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

I concur somwhat with their comments.

Not having a second round pick limits them from the outset. You can't count Schaub as a draft choice because he wasn't. But we did give away two Day 1 picks to get him.

The Jones pick shows how desperate the Texans are at WR. It's a very risky pick for 73. Jones' bio sounds like he's not a Mathis in that he can actually run routes. We'll see. He could be boom or bust.

I'm good with Bennett, Frye, and Studdard. Don't have enough info on Harrison.

There's no way I could grade this draft above average but of course we'll have to wait to see who makes the team and what their impact is before we assign any real grade.

6. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I kinda agree with it. C+ to a B- is what I had thought.

I agree you can't count Schaub as our 2nd pick.

This kind of felt like the 2002 draft, not a lot our there and a severe drop in talent at all levels.

I noticed the Texans kept taking scrappy hard nosed kids in the later rounds. That could go a long way to shaping the attitude of our team. It was an OK draft. Not going to set the world on fire but not worth jumping off a ledge either.

This should be a clear signal to Mathis that he learns to play receiver or find a new team.

I am excited to to see our two OLinemen that we drafted and see what they can do.

Can't wait for August.

7. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

I too left with a feeling of somwhere around a C. It just wasnt really that exciting. WR is maybe something we can look at still in free agaency if there is any left.:user:

8. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Judging a draft the day after it happens is like estimating hurricane damage before it hits. It's usually wrong, but people do it anyway.

Let's see how we feel about things next January. Right now, I don't see but one, possibly two of the draftees from this weekend actually in the starting lineup. And I am not counting Schwab, because he isn't a draft choice, he is a trade.

Last year almost all of the draftees were starting or playing by the end of the season, and I'm counting Spencer who whould have been starting if he hadn't been injured. If that happens again this year, count ourselves very lucky, but I don't see it with this year's crop.

9. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

A trade down for Hall in the first and maybe Jarrett in the 2nd would have been very nice!

Big upgrade on a D-Line filled with busts and overpaid flops, but the secondary is still Swiss Cheese like.

I said on the old board that the Texans should be banned from taking a D-lineman in the 1st for five years, but this could work out.

10. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Given how well some of the "off the street" finds performed last year, I'm beginning to think that Kubiak and Smith prefer the scrappy/almost forgotten/seem to have little upside kind of player. They just might know what they are doing.:cool:

I'm going to hold off giving a real grade until I see these guys play, but from what I see a B- works.

I hope these rookies play like super stars and all of these sports gurus have to eat their words. I am tired of C's and D's and being the joke of the NFL. Enough is enough. The time has come for some A's and at least a .500 season.:pirate:

11. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

The grading of drafts the day after is one of the most moronic practices in the whole Draft coverage by the media. None of what is said today means anything, drafts should be graded next March at the earliest.

12. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Kiper said we had one of the 3 worst drafts on Mike and Mike:texflag:

13. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

I give the Texans a B grade becuase it's not Cass & Comp. running the show. We address DT, CB, & SS, OT, WR, & G! Heck, every player drafted in the NFL esp. in the later rds has weakneses! I really like Bennet & Harisson (SS), a big, strong 227lbs. almost built like a LB! Slowly, Kubiak & Smith are making this team their own! I can't wait till FA's & Preseason to start!:pirate:

14. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

Well, if we're going to be technical, instead of grading the draft, I'll grade what we got with our 2007 draft picks. That includes Schaub, and I give us a B+ for that, with potential to improve to an A after the season when the curve is adjusted... of course, there's also potential to be downgraded too, after the season, but I'm in a sunshine and white fluffy clouds kind of mood today...

15. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

So, by insinuation, we're morons too, for playing along?!?!?

16. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

KIper is an *****, MCShay also said we had one of the 3 worst. I'm convinced nobody at ESPN watchs Texans football. Idiots...all of them.

17. red_dirt

red_dirt Rookie

2007 Texans draft....poop....flush...

Maybe they accidentally got another Demeco Ryans, otherwise.....

Hey, at least we'll have a young d-line, that should help keep the Colts from running the score up too much.

My grade is D-

18. santo

santo Hall of Fame

19. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Needs going into Draft - CB, S, C, DT, WR

Positions drafted - DT, WR, CB, S, OG, OG, LB

If our scouts are doing their job and the coaches develop these folks then this draft at worst, in three years, will be a B in my opinion. Half the battle is appropriately identifying, scouting and executing to your need. The other is development.

20. red_dirt

red_dirt Rookie

you forgot OL, RB, QB.