Fosters amazing Rise

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by srrono, Sep 22, 2012.

1. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
    #Texans @ArianFoster is on pace to be 3rd-fastest RB in @nfl history (E James, Dickerson) w/5000 scrimmage yds. Has 4633 in 37 games

#Texans @ArianFoster has more scrimmage yards through 37 games than all of the @nfl's top-10 all-time leaders

Jerry Rice had 3029 scrimmage yards thru 37 games. Emmitt Smith had 3368, Walter Payton 3974. @ArianFoster: 4633 #Texans

hot pickle likes this.
  2. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

foster is unbelievable. true inspiration!!!

I tweeted him one time saying how his story gave me inspiration to go to university even though everyone said I wouldnt be able to do it..... sure enough he retweeted me saying "go get em"

stand up guy

3. Say Watt

Say Watt Site Contributor

Cool story man.

I am having trouble understanding the first and third tweets. The first says he is the third fastest, but the last makes it sound like he will be the fastest by number of games to reach 5,000 scrimmage yards.

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

He is the 3rd fastest in NFL history to get to where he is
    Only looking at the all time yards from scrimmage leaders, he's #1

It just means there were others who were faster who disappeared before they became an all time leader

Say Watt likes this.
  5. drunkcookie

drunkcookie 2 drunk 2 cook

6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Rotoworld explains:

7. Nox

Nox Rookie

Here's to another 100+yd game for Foster, and plenty of leftovers for Tate.

8. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

I remember going to training camp a few years ago right after we drafted Tate, and really focused on the running back position. I was asked about Tate from friends, and all I could tell them was "He looked ok, but man Foster looks good. He looks like he's head and shoulders above the others right now."

I had no way of knowing he'd be this good, but you could see in the way he worked that practice that he was comfortable with the system and was decisive hitting the holes. Kubiak is going to have to throttle down his touches some though if he wants to preserve him. History has shown guys with a ton of touches just don't hold up over time. I'd like to see him have a long and successful career as a Texan.

EVOLVIST likes this.

9. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Congrats to Foster on his achievements and I hope too he has a long successful career as a RB in the NFL! But, I'm still concerned about his being a vegan and how this will affect him and his career. Just can't help but think it will shorten it. Sorry for the negativity but I just can't get it out of my mind! :headhurts:

10. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

I went plum loco from excitement when we picked up Foster as an UDFA. He was on my radar from Tennessee, and I just had a gut feeling that all the man needed was a second chance. I admit, I was disappointed when he did not miraculously ascend to the starting role after training camp that first year, but this is the NFL not a fairy tale. Besides, his fairly tale came not too long thereafter. Go Foster. Get on with your bad self.