Foster/Tate down leaves Graham for now…

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanBorn51, Oct 22, 2013.

1. TexanBorn51

TexanBorn51 Veteran

Accordingly if it were not for the ACL in 2011 and then later affected his senior year and combine that he would have been drafted and ranked higher. As a UFDA if he gets back to pre injury condition and it’s now late 2013 a source says http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130757/ray-graham that it usually takes about 2 years to fully recover from ACL. Just sharing this (hopefully in right thread) pending any other RB3 pickups before deadline http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/08/16/know-your-rookies-ray-graham/

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

And most ACL players regain usually only ~80% pre-injury performance. AP should not be used as a typical example. Graham looked anything but impressive in the preseason. He was put on the PS more for longer term "potential" (and how many times have we missed this year alone on "potential"?), otherwise Karim would have definitely been a Texan (Johnson became a non-factor as he couldn't hold onto his shorts, let alone the ball). I can't get too excited about Graham.

3. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

The ZBS turns mailmen and grocery baggers into pro bowlers, not too worried about finding a warm body as long as he isn't asked to run out of the pistol.

4. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

The only difference between the Pistol and our regular offense is the shotgun snap. We can run all of the same stuff we usually do. Only the snap is different.

5. TexanBorn51

TexanBorn51 Veteran

Oh ok 80%. I thought that stat was asking for a lot to come back on. Anyways there sure is a lot of losing players movement from positions in just the last two weeks. What a first half of a season..................Guess we'll see what the deadline brings during bye week sure got some glaring problems going on......

6. amazing80

amazing80 Site Contributor

I DISAGREE completely about Graham, he impressed in the SMALL amount of time he played....watch out for this guy, I think he will be a stud especially in the ZBS

7. Lord Bills

Lord Bills Destruction

makes the decision to cut woods look even worse.

The decision to cut all three players looks pretty excessive to me.

They should have fined and suspended them. These are young guys, people make mistake.

I dont understand this zero tolerance policy. Draconian laws have no business in the nf where young players are bound to do stupid things.

These guys play football for a living. Not running for president or pope. Certain leeway should be afforded.

8. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

pretty sure the RB is also 4 more yards behind the LOS in the pistol than if the QB is under center, TBH i did not like the pistol last week. Maybe i would have if i could of actually seen how the running game looked out of it, but we didnt get to see that aspect of it haha

9. WolverineFan

All of these guys had trouble in college. I'm sure they were known how little leeway they had when they were signed.

They couldn't even make it halfway through the season before doing something stupid. I don't think this is a case of Draconian laws. This is a case of taking a chance on some guys and them not respecting that.

10. Lord Bills

Lord Bills Destruction

that's college. they should have a clean slate when they came to the texans.

You think kubiak held it against them that they got in trouble in college?

That's just dumb.

11. EllisUnit

he has not signed people before based on problems in college, they have talked about it also. How they only like to bring a certain kind of person to the team. Hell look at our roster and tell me who u see as past trouble makers, and look at our guys and tell me who you see that is ever in trouble now compared to most teams.

12. Lord Bills

Lord Bills Destruction

that still doesnt explain wolverine's reasoning.

They got in trouble in college so they should get no leeway in the nfl?

That makes no sense whatsoever. Cutting the players was the wrong move. They should have fined or suspended them.

13. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Who the hell can honestly say this was their first offense since joining the Texans? The Texans have a track record of working with players, so I highly doubt they just cut three guys due to one **** up. Just because nothing was every reported earlier before, doesn't mean they had a clean track record and just now happened to screw up.. I mean it's not like these guys have been active all season are have been getting playing time or something.

Good riddance to all 3, we're 2-5 and these guys weren't even getting burn, so I highly doubt these guys were going to help save the season anyways and I don't want my team carrying dumbasses going any further into the future. Right now is the perfect time to get rid of the idiots on this roster who suffer from "head up ass" disease.

14. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

No they should have cut them.. hence while they're cut.

You actually have to show that you're worth keeping around and are worth the headache to get forwarded the type of "leeway" you're talking about. Apparently these guys were obviously more trouble than they were worth to the team. Especially fat ass lazy Sam, who was cut even though he was taken in the 3rd round. You don't just cut 3rd rounders for a rule infraction, it's pretty obvious he was cut, because the Texans lost faith in his ability to become a player for them on the field.

Just because "they're football players" and not the president of the united states, doesn't excuse them of all bad behavior and doesn't mean they aren't grown ass men who should behave like responsible adults. I'm so sick of the coddle mentality, that's been one of the problems here.. Now all of those others who might have been "slipping" get to watch and learn what happens to you if you can't remove head from ass.. You get put back on the unemployment line. It's a privilege to play in the NFL so they should've respected it more.

15. WolverineFan

RB lines up the same distance (7 yds). The QB and FB are the only guys who move. The Pistol actually helps the RB. Instead of running forward at the snap for the handoff, the RB takes a hop step instead and gets to read the defense for an extra second before getting the handoff.

The reason we got blown up running it last week is 1) we were playing the best front seven in the league and 2) we had a young QB making his 1st start (thus, stacked box).

16. EllisUnit

Chiefs may be solid at rushing the passer but their run D has been suspect, wouldnt of mattered anyways we didnt have any RBs to see how we looked running out of the pistol anyways.

17. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Off the top of my head... Da'Rick Rogers, Vontaze Burfict, Cliff Harris. All players with 1st round talent that went undrafted because of their history in college.

Of course character matters. It's on the scouting report right next to their 40 time.

Also, this discussion was already had in the other thread. Let's talk about Graham.

18. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Just a thought, but what if the Texans resign Cierre Wood? Give him a week off for punishment and just bring him back? IMO, Tate is probably done for most of the regular season. It'll be ~ week 13 before he'll be healed up from broken ribs (assuming Kubiak doesn't get stupid and play him against Indy or he has any setbacks, cuz injured Texans are notorious for setbacks from "minor" injuries), so they should seriously consider IR'ing Tate, bringing Wood back and bring Graham up.

I'd play Wood and Graham against Indy, give Foster enough time to heal up, then make Graham the 3rd RB. Makes sense to me, anyway.

:goodluck:

19. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I think Graham will be brought up from the practice squad, and:
    a) Dennis Johnson signed off Cleveland's practice squad
    b) Deji Karim signed off the street
    c) a&b if Tate is going to miss games

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

We've been running out of the pistol all year. The fact that you haven't noticed suggests it's not a big deal.