Foster starting RB

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BIG TORO, Jun 17, 2010.

1. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

Here is the Link:http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=174867

2. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I hope he makes it to stay! He deserves this chance.

3. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Cool. I like the sound of it. I also think Ben will make big strides once camp starts and he has a chance to catch up but at this point AF probably has a better grasp of what's going on. SS will now be the explosive 3rd down guy he was drafted for. I'm kinda excited about what this offense has to offer. Just hope everyone stays healthy.

BIG TORO likes this.
  4. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

I just wish Tate was healthy, was he injured when we drafted him or did he injure him self with us?

5. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    IIRC Kube said he pulled it working out before he joined the team. Don't have time right now to go find the quote but it's in the coach's quotes on the team website.

6. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I am hoping Arian's mother begins posting on MB again. SHe seemed like a good person and did give some personal insight on Foster's injury history not being as negative as it seemed. Let's keep the good news coming.

7. Section516

Section516 Warrior

His mother posted on here? I missed it. What was her username?

8. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

That was just after he was signed & maybe someone else will remember. Maybe something like Arian'smom? Some of us had concerns about his injuries & she gave us facts about what was hurt and when and what was done. Near as I recall, she thought he might contribute during his rookie season and he did. Center Chris Myers' dad was on for a while but I think all the negative comments turned him off as you can imagine. I exchanged emails briefly with dad after we traded for him to give info on housing in my area. I think he said Chris was going to stay in a hotel or apartment for first year.

9. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Isn't her username TexMexMom? That sounds right to me.

10. TexMexMom

TexMexMom Rookie

I'm still here. I check in as often as I can. :fans:

Brando likes this.
  11. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back, and congratulations are well deserved.

12. TexMexMom

TexMexMom Rookie

Thanks. He's worked hard...but there's still a long way to go.

13. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

IMO, this really isn't anything we didn't already know, right? Arian played well towards the end of the season, he was healthy coming into the off-season program and he was no longer the rookie. Slaton has a couple weeks before he's cleared for contact and he has a lot to prove in camp. Tate has a lot to learn and a lot to prove before he can begin climbing the depth chart as the rookie. JJ and Henry....well, they need to turn a lot of heads in camp in order to make the team/PS. If I had to guess today, it'd be Foster, Tate and Slaton on the roster and JJ on the PS.

14. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

With the way emotions fluctuate on messageboards throughout the year I would not hold it against anybody who is a player or immediately related to a player for not posting. People can turn downright nasty when they have the anonymity of a keyboard in front of them.

15. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Yeah - Chris Myers father hasn't posted in a while (or at least I haven't noticed it). I can't remember the last time I saw something on this board he would have enjoyed reading.

You're absolutely right about the anonymity part - at least as it relates to a lot of folks (but I realize it's not everyone).

16. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

wonder are there any relatives of richard justice on here? :)

17. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Wow! Appreciate you so much for coming in to talk. Haven't seen you post for a while. Let your son know we are pulling for him. I have long clammored for a huge power back to pound that ball down the opponent's throat & I think Arian may be what I have been looking for. I do realize it can get viscious on this MB as the season progresses, so duck, roll and cover if needed.

18. TexMexMom

TexMexMom Rookie

I'll admit it was tough when I first started posting when Arian was a freshman at Tennessee. The UT fan base is very very passionate. But over the years, I learned not to take it too personally. It seems there are three types of posters on any message board....1) those who will try to kiss my arse because I'm Arian's mom, 2) those who will try to be combative because I'm Arian's mom and 3) those who just want to be civil and talk about football.

What you will find with me is I can usually take criticism pretty well. If I feel the need, I just step away from the computer! I know people get emotional about their team and this game so I understand it. I just think if it's all done fairly and as accurately as possible, it works. I enjoy a good healthy debate; I just don't like cheap shots.

In any case, I'm sure we'll be just fine. :bat:

19. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Momma got the paddle!

20. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

It's nice to see you post again TexMexMom. It's always good to have someone posting in here that has an inside perspective on something.

As to Foster being the starting RB, I'm glad to see him get a shot. I've always wanted him to have that shot, but folks, they didn't draft Tate for nothing. It will be an interesting battle at RB through the camps and pre-season. But come game 1, if Foster is still the starting RB, then:

1. Tate is still injured....OR

2. Foster is much better than the Texans and the rest of the NFL believed....OR

3. Tate's a bust at being picked in the 2nd round

We'll have to wait a while before we find out though.