Foster.......He Da Man!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Dec 2, 2010.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Tracking Foster’s standout season Posted by Nick Scurfield on December 1, 2010 – 11:00 am

PockyAF likes this.
  2. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Wow, just wow.

I hope they'll let him blow those records wide open! :)

3. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

It dawned on me last night that if he finishes the season as the leagues leading rusher, it will be the first time a Houston NFL team had the leagues leading rusher since the best RB that ever lived did it - Earl Campbell.

4. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

It's crazy how he's carving up extremely good running defenses (Jets, Chargers come to mind off the bat).

Big test coming up against Balty, but Arian has seemed more than ready to answer the bell this season.

5. CloakNNNdagger

AF running through the Eagles D with a weaponized football.

[​IMG]

6. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

So impressive. He's a lock to go to the pro bowl could even earn all pro honors with those numbers.

7. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I'll be honest... after seeing his interview last night on NFLn... he seems a little disconnected from the team. I thnk that Arian Foster will start to show signs of Arian Foster being all about Arian Foster. He just radiates that sort of jibe to me. I hope he remains focused and remembers that this is a football team because he is a badass. ALWAYS sheds the first tackler. LOVE IT!

Protect the rock.

PockyAF likes this.
  8. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

That's what you got from that interview? I'm watching it right now he just seems soft spoken to me. Crediting his O-line and the passing game to all his success.

Maybe I'm just a Foster fan-boy and I don't know it (Actually the leading candidate for Foster manlove is definitely Carr Bombed).

9. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Yeah. I can't go by sound so I focused on his face for tone. All I do is read people like that all day long. It's how I get by in life. Of course, that shouldn't mean much or anything like that but it's just what I read into. The love for his team seemed somewhat force-fed looking at his expression. Arian wanted to talk about Arian Foster.

Eh... maybe I'm just paranoid.

10. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Isn't this the last year of his contract????

Oh SH*T!!!! Rick Pay the man!

11. HOUFan

HOUFan Rookie

I believe I heard a while back that he is still locked-up for two more years....but he is barely making around $400K, if that. He may pull a Dunta or Chris Johnson if we don't bump up that salary.

12. Mr. Texan

Mr. Texan I'm A Texan

13. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

He's an exclusive rights free agent after the season.

Exactly wat that means? I kind of know but probably am confused. Anyone care to dumb the definition down into layman terms?

14. welsh texan

welsh texan Lest we forget

I haven't seen the interview but from the communication management training i've done over the years we are always told that 5% of communication is the words used and the other 95% is all in the way you say it. I'd say that puts you at an advantage when it comes to reading people when they're speaking NH cos all you are focused on is the body language and how they project themselves.

That said i sincerely hope you're wrong on this occasion of course.

15. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

Am I the only one that is a little concerned about a possible contract dispute with him at years end?

Not saying he is "one of those types of players" with attitude issues but I do not see him handling the contract issue like AJ did.

I dont know, maybe Im just being a worrier but for some reason I can see him wanting to be paid as a top 3 back and holding out until he gets it.......assuming he finishes the year like he has started.

16. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I was super excited when we got him as an UDFA. I wanted him in damn near every round after 4ish. I didn't know he would be THIS good. When you watch him, you see that he can truly be one of the best in the NFL for a few years. Total package RB.

17. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Do you mean by that that he seemed somewhat self-centered, preoccupied with himself, with his new found success or am I misunderstanding what you're saying ?

18. Calface4

Calface4 inthisforlife

I could see him having some contract issues. NOthing major. But i definatly could not see him on another team's sideline next season. He wouldn't do that to us.... i hope

19. CloakNNNdagger

An Exclusive-Rights Free Agent is an NFL player who is not under contract, but has only two years of NFL experience (less than 3 "accrued" years). If his former club (Texans) makes him an offer at the three year veteran minimum salary, then that's it, he has to take it or leave the NFL. These guys have no right to negotiate with other teams. They are "free" only in the sense that they're free to quit.

20. scourge

scourge Digression King

I saw that to a minor extent when I watched it the first time. After seeing NH's take on it I watched it again with the sound off just for humor. Now I see where NH is coming from, and he may be on to something. Not to beat a dead horse, or sling him off a cliff(too soon?), but he was known for having a bit of an attitude when he came out of college if memory serves me correctly.

NitroGSXR likes this.