Foster could challenge NFL playoff rushing mark

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/foster-could-challenge-nfl-playoff-rushing-mark

2. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

thatd be great, BUT i would rather him get -1 yards and a win than that record.

3. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

My fantasy football opponent doesn't have Arian, so I'd like him to get positive yardage in a winning effort.

4. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

That second name on the list is who Foster reminds me of.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Foster is amazing.

But did anyone notice how much space he had to run? If you watched the OL in that Bengals game, there were so many gaps & lanes in the DL Foster had mutliple lanes he could have ran in. He did an excellent job pressing the whole then cutting it upfield.... not the backside, most of his cuts went out to the play-side.

Big difference between that game & the first Bengals game, where all the lanes were clogged & he barely had room to breath.

I personally think we can credit this to the Carolina, & Indy games...... games we lost, but we got to work on our run game against inferior defenses, till we got it perfect.......

There's no way I can prove it, but if you watch those games again, watch how the run game opens up from game to game... Carolina, then Indy, then Tennessee..... then Cincinnati..

Baltimore ain't gonna know what hit'em

EVOLVIST likes this.
  6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

If that middle is clogged up by the Ravens, unlike some other games, Kubiak better take the runs to the outside. If he insists on taking it inside, he better consider putting in Tate, who seems to power up the middle against resistance.

7. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Wow, that's a blast from the past. I remember watching Duane Thomas as a kid.

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

CnD..... I respect you man, but I definitely did not expect to see a post like this from you.

If Foster ran it up the middle, that ain't on Kubiak. Something he saw told him that was the best way to go.

Same thing with short passes, long passes, & Tj's handcuffs. Most all of our pass plays will have at least a deep & intermediate route, a short crosser & a checkdown..... if Tj choses to be safe & go for the checkdown, or chooses the intermediate more than the deep route, that's not on Kubiak. That's Tj making a decision.

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I heard Texan fans are getting arrogant? So how about changing title thread to:
    Foster will break the NFL Playoff rushing mark

10. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

With all due respect TK, there have been several games where Foster would repeatedly and futilely try to run up the middle through large segments of the game. If indeed that was Foster's choice, I would think, or at least hope, that Kubiak would intervene and redirect his efforts.

11. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

well.....

1970 The Cowboys went to the Superbowl
    1997 Broncos went to the Superbowl
    1999 Titans went to the Superbowl
    2009 Jets went to the AFC Championship game
    1999 Jags went to the AFC Championship game

I will take it.

Lets go Foster

12. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Just as long as Kubiak doesnt have the same brain fart he did last time we played the Ravens and take the points instead of going for it 4th and 1.

13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

There's nothing more degrading than picking up a 4th & 1 against a team that "thinks" they are a bad ass defense.

We had that first down if Terrence Cody didn't grab Arian by the facemask & turn him back.

I loved that call & you're right, it was most likely the difference in that game.

14. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I hated the call. You are on the road against a really good team and you are trying to build something. Instead of taking the 3 points we walk away with nothing giving them the ball and momentum. Even Charles Barkley thought it was a turrible call.

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

What we are telling them there, is that we are a really good team.

Like I said, that play would have changed the game. We're telling them that we ain't scurred, & we weren't going to settle for 3.

Again, we had it... the refs missed a blantant 15 yard penalty.

Well, if Barkley said it was a terrible call........

16. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

hmm i have no idea what your trying to say with this, but hey i agree with the very last sentence none the less :)

17. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Just that those RB's with those records have either went to the Superbowl or played in the Championship game.

18. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

Should have been 1st & goal on the 5! We score a TD there, would have been a totally different game.

19. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

Actually, I think it's the RB coach's job to point that out to Foster. RB coach looks at the pictures and tells Foster what holes he's missing.

20. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

This!^^^

One of my pet peeves on this board is Yates will throw a 5 yard check down on 3 & 10, then everyone blasts Kubiak for the play call. Ummm... that check down wasn't Kubiak's decision, it was Yates'.