Foster, Barwin comment on off-season moves

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by tak3ov3r, Mar 29, 2012.

1. tak3ov3r

tak3ov3r Rookie

2. SCOTTexans

SCOTTexans All Pro

"Yeah, absolutely I was a little surprised by some of the moves," Foster said. "It's a business, and I don't get paid to make those kind of moves. I get paid to run the football."

Foster proves again he is one of a kind in the NFL

3. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

translated in Kubiac language: " Gosh darn it, that kids' just a lunch-pail player"

4. GP

GP Go Texans!

Ya' know, he had some twitter issues to start off the season last year.

I think he learned very quickly that he had to stay positive and keep things neutral with his comments. Since then, there hasn't been anything that borders upon being unprofessional.

5. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I will eat crow, I had him judged all wrong. He has done nothing but the right thing since those Twitter issues.

6. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

Caldwell started the entire 2010 season ? Damn i have seen every game they have ever played but i dont remember him playing the entire 2010 season !!! Is that true ?

7. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    I think he started and Brisiel finished lol...

Caldwell has a lot of weight on his shoulders right now. I'd say it's pretty much do or die for him, career wise. Are you man or backup?

I like Foster saying that nobody needs to do anything differently because Demeco is gone. Leaders aren't made, they're born. Let the locker room shift as it needs.

8. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

hmm well if caldwell did start the entire 2010 season then i liked what he did, we had a serious run and pass game that year. Butler just needs to prove he belongs now.

9. silentassassin

silentassassin Veteran

I believe it was a split-time sort of deal. They rotated. It's easy to dog on Caldwell because of the poor showing last season, but it's important to remember he was playing on a bad ankle.

I'm not worried until they give me a reason on the field to worry.

Thorn likes this.
  10. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Meh!! What else what would they say?? "This sucks!", "The FO sucks!"???

NO!!! They know that this is a good team irrespective of the off-season moves made by this team. They know that that they have talent (i.e. our talent from last season aka "depth") will step-up this year. We will replenish that depth through the draft this year and at the same time keeping the Texans "young" and ultimately "cap friendly"....

11. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

QFT

My feelings as well. We still take the division this year. Once into the playoffs, well, we'll see then.

12. The Medic01

The Medic01 Veteran

Thats how it is for every team. The best team doesn't win the SB the luckiest one does.

13. GP

GP Go Texans!

I did too. I was pretty bold in my criticism of him, and made a few people mad at the same time. I didn't care though, because at the time I knew we had a special team in 2011 (even as early as the first few games I knew we did) and i didn't want anything screwing it up.

I was selfish in the sense that I didn't want any distractions because of some tweets that a player like Foster might post. Everybody was saying "Well, he's young and he's speaking his mind. He means no harm. It's no big deal. Lay off the guy." etc., but in the NFL it's No News Is Good News. Period.