Forget the Heisman lets talk Roses

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Kaiser Toro, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

For those of you are relishing the victory yesterday, as I am, please give your thoughts on UT's chances this upcoming January 4 in the Rose Bowl.

This team is on a mission and I am very thankful USC and Bush did what they did. This puts UT back in the underdog position. The UT defense and special teams are scary and will be the difference in the game. I do smell a UT blowout.

2. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Dont know about blowout, but I am confident UT can win because of VY's coolness, for whatever, reason he reminds me of Tom Brady.... It will be interesting to see Bush run against a real D-line, plus I dont think USC has played against against a scrambling QB like Vince.... Hopefully it will be a better game then Oklahoma/USC last year

3. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

You might want to use a vaporizer. That should clear that burnt orange congestion right up.

My answer to who killed the Longhorns BCS title dream is:

Mr. Bush...In the Endzone...With the Football.

4. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I think the UT defense is the fastest and best tackling unit we have seen in sometime. Bush loves running to the outside, is allergic to the inside, and he will be shut down. I think UT will get up early and win by a three TD margin.

5. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

That's the same unit that allowed two 100 yard rushers a week ago, right? If McGee & Lane could do that, what are Bush & White capable of against the Horns defense? OK State's Mike Hamilton had a career high 194 yards rushing against UT. Texas isn't lining up against Baylor or Rice, USC will score points. And lots of them.

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

A&M is a rivalry game, and they were playing for bowl eligibility, that ran some wishbone and between the tackles. I do not see Bush doing either. White is who I am worried about, not Bush.

7. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

You don't think USC will be just as motivated playing for the BCS championship?

8. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Oklahoma last year was just as good and just as fast on defense and they got the snot beat out of them.

9. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Oklahoma's strength last year was its Offense. Their loss of Oline, WR and QB is what hurt them this year. The UT defense is fast, deep and plays with an attitude that I have not seen in Austin in sometime.

10. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I don't. What do they have to prove, they have been here before.

11. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I was hoping someone else had posted this so I wouldn't have to.

12. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Exactly, they have experience in this position, UT hasn't even won the conference championship in many years. USC has two consecutive national championships and a 34 game win streak on the line. I honestly don't see UT staying within 21 points in the final score. Like most of the season, USC's defense likely only needs to make 2-3 defensive stops for the whole game because their offense will be rolling.

13. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I guess that offense was stellar to shut out Texas last year.

14. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

So confident that you need to guess? Just pull up the stats and compare yourself. The UT defense statistically is better than OU's last year. OU defense in 03 maybe is the defense you were thinkning of.

It is not the stats that I care about, it what I see on the field. The stats just just confirm what I have been seeing.

15. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

The hungrier team will be UT, this is the perfect underdog story for them going into the Trojan's stadium.

16. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

You're right, Texas does have one of the best defeses...Against the bottom of the barrel teams in the Big-12. Besides Ohio State, who have they played that is any good?

17. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I'm not sure about that, plus playing in the Rose Bowl will practically be a home game for USC.

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I acknowledge your question, but there is no way we will agree until the game is played.

19. Peldon

Peldon All Pro

Just out of curiosity I checked the difference in margin of victory in between these two teams. Texas' combined margin of victory is 436 points for the season. They have scored a total of 611 points while holding their opponents to 175. USC's is at 344. USC has scored 600 points while their opponents have scored 256. Yes that is pretty close but even if Texas had a weaker schedule, they beat the teams they played by a wider margin.

20. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

This reminds me of the Nebraska against Florida that one year. High powered offense (UF) against a tough defense, with a great offense themselves (NU).
    UT wins this one:yahoo: