Forget about it! (possible draft trade with Jets)

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by pittbull, Apr 21, 2006.

1. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

2. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

Insider story, not everyone can read. You can give specific quotes, but don't copy and paste the whole story. Something about copyright infringment.

3. jmerog

jmerog Veteran

the link you posted is not to an article about the jets,bush,or the giants. You might want to double check that.

i look foreward to reading the article you were taking about though

4. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

lol: one of the worst things i've ever read. todd mcshay is consistently a laughingstock. the stuff on al davis is hysterical.

anyway, here's the bush/jets thing:

The only thing standing in the way of Bush heading to Houston is a potential trade between the Texans and Jets. Multiple sources have told me the Jets are aggressively seeking a deal that would catapult them to the top of the draft board to bring Bush to New York. Referring back to the Trade Value Chart, such a deal for the first overall pick (worth 3,000 points) would cost Jets something similar to the following:

• Pick No. 4 (1,800)
    • Pick No. 29 (640)
    • Pick No. 35 (550)
    • Pick No. 103 (88)

As it stands right now, the Jets own seven of the draft's first 117 selections, giving them the ammunition to make this kind of blockbuster move. If they made the deal with the Texans for Bush, the Jets would be left with three of those picks (71, 97, 117) in the first four rounds.

5. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Here's an excerpt of the article linked above that concerns a possible Texans/Jets draft deal:

First, how did the Niners "use" Braylon Edwards and Antrel Rolle? Alex Smith got $24 million in guaranteed money. If anyone was used, it was the Niners.

Second, the same article hints at a Saints/Raiders deal, where Oakland moves to #2 and selects Vince Young. If both the HOU/NYJ & NO/OAK deals go through, wouldn't the top 3 picks go like this:

1) Jets - Bush
    2) Raiders - Young
    3) Titans - Leinart or Cutler
    4) Texans - ???

McShay has the Texans going with Ferguson. But wouldn't it be more likely that the Texans draft Mario Williams?

6. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I think they will have to give up pick #71 (235) to us instead of 103 to move. If Bush is as special as most think he is then his value is above the chart. The chart is only a guide. Total value 3225.

7. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

I think that McShay is just as bored as we are & simply looking for something to write about, but thats just me...

8. dhaNim

dhaNim Rookie

i think the trade should only go through if we get #4, #29, #35 and their 1st round pick next year. yes i know that is ripping them off big time, but if they want reggie that bad, then they are going to have to sacrifice that. otherwise, reggie can be ours.

im not passing on reggie unless im ripping some team off. im not gonna go by the chart and make some "fair" trade.

9. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

That is how I feel about it. I dont want to trade just because "it was the best offer we could get.":rolleyes:

10. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

With this draft, the chart goes out the window. If the Jets want Bush we should get at a minimum both firsts, this years second, and next years first.

11. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

[​IMG]

12. 66cobra

66cobra Veteran

I would do it if the Jets packaged all 4 of those picks. I like Reggie alot but that is close to a Ditka deal since we have the 1st pick of the second round and the top 2 of the 3rd round, giving us a total of 8 picks in the first 4 rounds. I could go for:
    #4 Mario Williams, D'Brick or AJ Hawk
    #29 Eric Winston (OT) or Johnathan Joseph (CB)
    #33 Bobby Carpenter (LB) or Nick Mangold (backup/future starter @ interior lineman)
    #35 Sinorice Moss (WR) or Cedric Griffin (CB)
    #65 Jeremy Trueblood (OT)
    #66 Joel Klopfenstein (TE) or Omar Jacobs/Kellen Clemens (QB)
    #98 BPA
    #103 BPA
    I might be off but this was off of the top of my head as far as picks go. Have at it....

13. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Like someone said I would ask for a whole lot for any team to get the no.1 spot. If it were any other year we couldn't get away with it, but this year is an exception because of Reggie Bush. He's a once in a lifetime type of player and if someone wants him they'd have to give up pretty much all of their top picks for this year and maybe one or two from next year. I doubt the Jets will do something like that for one player, but if they want to then feel free to call the Texans front office.

14. JAXwithanX

JAXwithanX Veteran

If something like this trade did go down....it would be hard to say that there wouldn't be just as much excitement created....and tickets sold with that potential group of players coming in. In other words....McNair would be sold.

15. dhaNim

dhaNim Rookie

you know this is all smoke screens and depends on what side of the fence you are sitting on. here is an example of a contradicting report per ESPN...

16. JAXwithanX

JAXwithanX Veteran

well...think of it this way. there are many conflicting reports....but we might as well talk about all of them....cause odds are....one of them is true....or at least a lot closer than the others.

17. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

But as far as I knew they wanted to keep their picks because they have more holes to fill then just running back, but hey it doesnt matter to me....More picks for the Texans alright, take dbrick.

18. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

If this trade goes down I say we take Omar Jacobs at #66 o yea go Bowling Green.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Rookie

link?

20. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Well I tend to think that Jeff Fisher will go for Williams if he is there. He has said Williams is the most athletic specimen he has ever seen. That is saying alot considering he coached Jevone Kearse. Williams reminds me alot of him.

If we draft him I will call him Mario the Monstrosity