For those who attended the game...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BSofA04, Sep 9, 2007.

1. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

What was the atmosphere like after we took it to the Chiefs? What was the fan reaction outside Reliant during the post game? Man I wish I was there!

2. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

It was a festive mood.

3. HardcoreTexan

HardcoreTexan Veteran

All I heard was a here and there one person yelled HOUSTON and then a bunch of people yelled TEXANS everywhere...it was great:fans:

4. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

It was loud, but the fans seemed tentative at first. It seemed like people were unsure what to expect. After we went up by 10, people around me really started getting into it. I had a blast!

5. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

It was very loud going down the ramps, lots of Houston, Texans chants. IMO the crowd gets credit for one charged time out for KC and one motion penalty for their offense. They were near our endzone, and we were LOUD!! The stadium had white reliant towels taped in a bag on each seat in the stadium. Between the white shirts, towels and NOISE the energy level at the game was great.

Did have one guy behind me who was incredibly negative. Kept saying Schuab was just like Carr. Even towards the end of the game, he was finding neg. things to say. Why in the world would you spend money on going to the game if you feel that negative about the team. He had on Texans gear, so he wasn't a KC fan. But other than that small annoyance, it was a great day to be a Texans fan. Chants of Mar-i-o even got started after the TD and sacks.:fans:

6. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

That is great! I can only imagine the optomism pouring out of Reliant after the victory. Both sides of the ball played great, the fans looked sweet wearing white on the tube, and it felt good to see TJ finally playing like a 1st Rounder. Oh, and the Mario Williams guy.....he had a good game too...lol

7. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

LOUD! The atmosphere inside the stadium was fantastic. Very loud, great cheering, lots of fans pumped up.

After the game I'm not sure. Saw a lot of happy people though. Lots getting ready to tailgate for the rest of the day.

8. HardcoreTexan

HardcoreTexan Veteran

It was definatly LOUD in there during the game:texflag:

9. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Remember 19-10? Okay, maybe a tad under that... :fans:

10. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

man i wish i was there!

11. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Two guys behind me were talking about video games almost the entire game. WTF is up with that?!?! Other than that, it was rockin!

12. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

I'll never understand that... but what's worse is when I see kids at a Texans game or Stros and they are PLAYING video games.. .I'm like your parents paid $50 for you to come to a game and they let you play video games... unreal

13. fredaustex

fredaustex Rookie

Great atmosphere. Great game. The only complaint I had was the stubhub ticket folks behind me whining to each other about me standing up...

14. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

Yeah there were a few whiners today... had some guys whining about how loud the cannon was... I was thinking 'have you ever been to a game before?'

15. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Well, I'm completely tuckered out!!:) BUT, oh, what a great feeling!!!

I thought the gametime atmosphere was very good, but, nothing compared to that Dallas game. Fans were loud, I do believe they are learning to shut up when our O is on the field, but, there were several times when the D was waving their arms like 'angels in the outfield' and Texans fans remained relatively quiet. I did notice that a lot more fans stayed in their seats to the very end!! No mass exodus with 3-4 min left on the clock.

I'm still wondering what happened to the pregame team announcement. They called out MARIO, the fans repled WILLIANS, and the entire D ran out on the field and that was the end of that! ODD, to say the least.

After five hours on a HOT parking lot, a very exciting game, and walking out into a freaking sauna from hell, I am completely wiped!! Might not function for three days! lol BUT, who cares! Our TEXANS have a winning streak going!!

16. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

NO ONE knew what was going on LOL... what I heard was that the team decided that they wanted to come out as a team... I'm not sure if this is because they took too much time pre-game and I know they have to start the game at a certain time or get fined (which i doubt) or if they just wanted to show team sportsmanship ala the New England Patriots... what ever the case they didn't tell anyone until about two seconds before they came out onto the field so none of the pre-game crew knew what was going on.

17. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

The noise level was okay, but nothing like the Dallas game.

People were kinda sitting on their hands not knowing what to expect. Even when we went up by 17 I think that some expecting the old Texans to return.

If they come home from Carolina 2-0 I would expect it to be a lot louder.

18. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I know that it will be a whole lot louder.

I'm a gonna be there.

:wild: :fans: :whip:

19. Crank_It_Up

Crank_It_Up Veteran

before the opening kickoff, the crowd was very loud, you could feel the emotion... the players had to feel it too. The crowd was making a lot of noise earlier than usual for a kickoff. Looking at the stands there was a sea of white jerseys waving white towels, cheering very loud. The stadium was pretty full too. It was a fun day to be at Reliant. :)

Even the people in the suites almost cheered.

20. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I personally witnessed a very interesting, good nature ribbing given to a nice pair of KC fans by a Texan fan wearing a leather aviator helmet you know the kind [​IMG] I guess it was around the middle of the 4th qt. & he was swinging his arms around motioning to them that the game was over, directing them to the exits. mind you these where front row field tickets, I'm sure they paid a pretty penny for them & like true fans they had no intention of leaving their beloved Chiefs. but the bantering continued & caught the attention of secuity so the fan was told to stay in his seat, nothing more happened.

it was funny, good natured & for once nice to be sitting on the winning side it felt good :)

so heres to you Texan avaitor dude very funny stuff all in good fun/taste :beerfunnel:

Texan Asylum likes this.