For The Bush in '06ers like me ... VIDEO

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by |The.Brand0n|, Dec 7, 2005.

1. |The.Brand0n|

|The.Brand0n| Rookie

2. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

Awesome clip, but I dispise that song. If anyone knows how to redo it with a different song please do.

3. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

3:43 of hand selected highlights and he broke 1 tackle the entire time. Phenominal open field runner. Hopefully USC will run him up the middle a little at the Rose Bowl and Texas gets some contact on him so we can better judge how he handles contact.

4. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Very true, maybe it will help put an end to this argument one way or the other.

5. TexanAlmighty

TexanAlmighty Veteran

He only broke 1 tackle because he had so many moves to miss the tackles in the first place. He has some moves thats for sure. TD maker. WOW, What a video!

6. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

I would like to see that scenario too.

7. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

Just watched it, hes amazing. I noticed that they only replayed one play once, other than that, notice how many different amazing plays there were? Does anyone remember the last player to have so much hype as a RB and so many game breaking abilities?:texflag:

8. z0rpAn

z0rpAn Veteran

If I were a defensive coordinator. I would go for the fumble. Out of all those clips, only once did he put the ball in his left hand.

9. I am going to save judgement until the Texas game, this game should provide us with a lot of looksee into both Bush and V. Young., and also some good linemen.

10. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

my opinion from this movie:

Reggie bush posesses tremendous balence and speed. His vision for cutback is outstanding. I also saw one of the best downfield blocking teams ever. On one play, two USC blockers pancaked a seperate UCLA man downfield for him. I also saw many attempted "arm tackles" that failed, which is why they put it into a highlight video. NFL players do "arm tackle" they wrap up and drive through.
    On many plays, upon catching the ball in the backfield, he would sprint to the outside and then cut back, beating men who were over persuing: this does not happen in the NFL, as teams are diciplined and athletic enough to get to him. Also, as someone above mentioned, he does not switch hands with the ball and holds it "gingerly."

I would love to see Reggie come across the middle on Dwayne Slay.

11. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

i can change the song. Suggestions?

12. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

If we can lose the next 4 games (Next to impossible I know) then we truly deserve a player of his caliber.

13. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Not all NFL players wrap up and drive through. For exhibit "A" I give you the Houston Texans defense.

.....oh wait, Reggie won't be facing them outside of practice if we draft him.

14. YoungTexanFan

yes, we posess very few wrap, sure tacklers. This is one of the problems our new DC faces. It is more of a lack of talent in my opinion though. The only other D i can honestly think of that is as bad as ours would be STL.

15. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Every game he has is a highlight reel.

16. YoungTexanFan

well stated, and i agree with you on almost everything you said. I'm actually starting to like most of your post and you are earning my respect. We share many of the same views and you, along with myself, are able to communicate them effictivly.

17. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Do you get tired of constantly doubting everything?

So Reggie Bush is on a different level then all of the other college players, yet he is not good enough to play in the NFL. But prospects who weren't nearly as good of athletes like Willis McGahee, Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown, and Cadillac Williams weren't as dominant or athletic but they were ready to be successful in the NFL? So first it was that he was too small, then it was that he has no endurance, and now he is too athletic.

I am glad that we are all being rational here.

18. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I don't mean to speak for Jerek, but I don't see anywhere where he stated that Bush won't make it in the NFL. I think he makes it quite clear that those who expect Bush will make those same type of plays like he has against college players in the NFL against much tougher competition are putting the cart before the horse. It's likely whichever NFL team he goes to will have no shortage of holes, and he won't have the benefit of a phenomal OLine nor, in all likelihood, of an ingenious coaching staff like he has at USC. He'll be stuck with a team on the bottom rung of the NFL ladder. As great an athlete as Reggie is I don't think he's capable of blocking for himself, and it would be pretty difficult for him to throw it to himself, or design plays that take advantage of his unique abilities then call those plays on gameday.

Point being that football is moreso a team sport than any other, and Reggie will have to hope alot of things fall in place for him and he'll have to work hard to improve himself if he ever hopes to live up to the expectations many put on him. Keep in mind that the NFL is full of players that have or have had phenomenal talent, but not all of them lived up to their potential. Will Bush live up to his potential? I certainly hope so, but to say it's a lock that Bush will be a human highlight reel or the best RB the NFL has seen in the last 30 years shows ignorance to the realities of the NFL. A sport where your entire career can be ended by one play.

19. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

The draft on the whole is one big projection. everyone has an opinion, this is a board to express that opinion, so be it. football fans are basicly emotional types that have a tendency to over react, great plays by great players tend to bring those emotions out in all of us. who in the hell knows exactly what Reggie Bush will amount to in the NFL, who he will play for or for how long? one thing for sure is he's had a great High School and College Career, he is only a Junior and if USC wins the National Title game against the Longhorns he will have been a key component of three National Champions. I would say thats the stuff of legends & I see no reason why things will change for whatever reason your offering, its all opinion and heresay :cool:

20. z0rpAn

z0rpAn Veteran

I realized all the down field blocking in all the highlight reels as well. The only way on our team that he will be in highlight reels is returning kicks or getting receptions downfield. We don't have a team that blocks down field for anything at this point and we have said last year that we really need a #2 WR. Sure he could get some carries and some reverses, but instead of having usually one, occasionally 2 people coming after him in one wave, try 3 or 4. He avoids contact with his moves, which are impressive, but with our current line, he will get some solid hits and we havn't seen how well he plays with contact.