Football Gameplan's 2013 Wk 2 Preview - Texans vs Titans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by EmDiggy, Sep 12, 2013.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Veteran

NCTexan likes this.
  2. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Will catch it when I get home Diggy. Can't turn the radio off at the shop to listen, the crew would mutiny. :D

3. NCTexan

NCTexan Hall of Fame

Good stuff man! I enjoyed this weeks a lot.

4. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Veteran

Cool Beans! Lol..don't want to start an uprising

Thanks NCTexan! Much appreciated!

5. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

Thanks Em as always. We should win this with ease. With Ninja coming back this week, expecting more pressure to QB, more sacks, more TFLs, more PDs and, INTs. I am looking forward to Hopkins to get more and more comfortable playing Texans' O with each rep he gets.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

After the last two threads started by Leawood Hustla .... I was actually looking forward to EM Diggy's video this week.

Believe it or not , I gave you a click EM ..... :kitten:

Lord help us , what is this world coming to ? I agree with Putin and give Em a click in the same week ..... Oh FFS!!!

7. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

All signs that the Zombie Apocalypse is nigh... and these are much more reliable indicators than that Mayan Calendar thing
    :htown2atx:

8. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Veteran

HA! I think this best describes it Corrosion --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts

:wild: lol

9. False Start

False Start On # 69

Good stuff Digg. :cool:

10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Enjoyed the video. Two comments, first Schaub would not fade in the pocket if he had some Oline blocking. Second, on the first two plays you diagrammed, there is minimal if any blocking for Locker and I think Wade Phillips grins if he sees that. Rivers got away for a half but Phillips adjusted and the remainder of the game belonged to Dr. Phillips. Quick releases are great IF it is a completed pass; many end up on the ground, out of bounds or in hands of the defense.

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I didn't like the white board work as much as I did last week. Last week it was one sided, showing what the offense, or the defense is trying to do. Which makes sense, because all they can do is try to control what they can control.

This week Em showed us a defense versus an offense & and an offense versus a defense. Everything he said "makes sense" & works, if the defense calls that coverage versus that offense, or the offense calls that play vs that defense.

Neither is guaranteed.

12. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

sorry got here late, but very instructive & educational work EM.

With Antonio back expect Texans to shutdown that Titan power game, though they will have some success because of an excellent young OL. I see Mercilus actually being the X factor as Locker will be forced to hang onto the ball longer that OC wants giving Whitney time to beat RT to point. Predict at least two sacks for him, maybe three as Texans pull away by double digits :swatter:

13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

wow very underwhelmed with Texans/Schaub performance but a win is a win! Mercilus was being held most of the plays I seen but not being called, ended up setting the edge more than pass rushing, until end anyways. Not sure I saw Brooks Reed have any sacks pressures either? Everything Watt/Cushing, Antonio made a couple pressures but some point the OLB have to generate more sacks. :kitten: