Football Gameplan's 2012 Texans vs Dolphins

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by EmDiggy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Veteran

2. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Good to see you back with your predictions again this year Diggy. I can't watch it at work but SURELY you picked us to skin some Phins, huh?

3. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

All in all a solid preview.

That being said, there is no way to call Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas "even" with Arian Foster and Ben Tate. That is insane.

4. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Like I said, I'm at work and can't listen to it. Have to catch it when I get home tonight but...

Diggy, did you really say that? Well that's just... :bat:

5. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I like the part where all the position advantage checkboxes are filled in on the Texans' side.

6. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Veteran

LOL! Thanks Drs! Glad to be back! You know I picked the Cougars ;)

Thanks SS! I think you can place Bush/Thomas in that offense and you won't miss a beat.

Yep..and I approve that statement #Hunt2012

Its crazy when you look at the visual of where teams have the advantage..puts everything in perspective doesn't it?

7. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

Nice to see you Em and thanks for Video.

Go Texans!!!

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

There's not a team in the NFL that would take Bush/Thomas over Foster/Tate. Not one.

Emdiggy, what was your record on your Texans predictions last Year?

9. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Bush/Thomas equal to Foster/Tate? Put the pipe down dude! It is not your friend.

10. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

LOL - the combined conversation time for 32 teams would be under 32 seconds.

I'd set the over/under on how many teams would take Bush over Tate at 2.5.

11. Rey

Rey Guest

I wouldnt take the entire dolpbins offense for arian alone. Foster and tate being interchangeable with bush and that other guy is LLoooOoooLLL worthy.

12. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

I could probably make the argument we have the better defensive line too, but because of how good Wake is and they play in a 4-3 I will leave that one alone. Odrick hasn't lived up to the hype IMO.

13. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

14. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

Since you owned up to saying Bush/Thomas = Foster/Tate I might watch you in the future but I'll pass for this week.

Thomas has been underwhelming and Bush has one "solid" year under his belt. Foster could run in any scheme as either a feature back or receiving out of the backfield and Tate could be a feature back in most schemes. Bush couldn't run in our offense because he is a dancer and to say that Thomas could hold Tate's (let alone Foster's) jock strap means you must have been drunk. Knowing that, I can't take anything you say about this game seriously and if you're right it must be pure coincidence. I'll check back next week though because I think you generally do a pretty good job. I'll chalk this one up to you missing the preseason.

Mike

15. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Veteran

16. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Veteran

I'm sorry, you can't honestly say that Talent-wise Miami isn't equal to the Texans RBs. You're also undervaluing what they drafted in Lamar Miller, who is better than Forsett. Bush in the Texans Off would put up similar numbers as Foster, Foster in the Dolphins Off would put up similar numbers as Bush. Bush is more explosive than Foster, but Foster is more powerful.

Its a wash honestly and unbiasedly

17. Rey

Rey Guest

Wow.

Reggie bush is not = to Arian foster and I can't believe you are trying to make that argument. You are using explosiveness as your argument and that's just one aspect to being a rb.

Arian is bigger, has better vision, has a better feel for running the ball and he's still explosive enough to gash teams for really long runs.

Reggie is more "explosive" than a lot of rb's in the league but that doesn't make him better.

I'll grant you that the offensive system and talent help Arian more than what bush has in Miami, but Reggie couldnt even be special in new Orleans in an offense that was PERFECT for his skill set.

And now you want the texans world to take you seriously when you say that bush, the other guy and rookie Lamar miller are equal to what we field on Sundays? Gtfo.

Arian is an elite back in the league. Period.

I'd take quite a few backfields over the dlolphins.
    The dlolphins backfield is not as good as a lot of teams in the NFL and now they are supposed to be a "wash" with one of the best, if not the best?

Stop it.

18. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

I am absolutely blown away by you saying the RB's are a push. That is just ridiculous.

19. corytx8

corytx8 Veteran

Really? This conversation is over......

20. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

Yes, I can. Reggie Bush's best year was last year where he rushed for 1,086 yards. Before that he hadn't rushed for 600 yards in a single season. Foster has been the starting RB for two seasons. Last year he rushed for 1,224 yards after missing three games. Foster has now had two seasons better than Bush ever has. To compare the two is a joke.

The only production you can compare with Tate and Thomas is last year. Tate rushed for 942 yards compared to Thomas' 581 yards. Again this is vastly in Houston's favor.

Bringing up Lamar Miller is a joke. The #3 RB's will hardly see the field on Sunday if the game is competitive at all.