FO:Four Downs: Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/four-downs/2009/four-downs-afc-south

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

TO killed us and it shows. We got to get better at it this season, not to mention get the ball back ourselves.

3. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Yea, getting a few of those TOs back would've been nice, like when JReeves jumped a Garrard pass 1 play after an int. The MNF game if I'm not mistaken...

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Turnovers did hurt our offense in a bad way last season, but I don't think they're the primary cause of our red zone failures. I think it had more to do with our inability to pound the football. We all know Slaton's going to be a very good RB, but at the same time I think most will agree that he can't pound the ball when the field becomes compact.

The C and G positions had a lot to do with this too. Myers was often over-powered and Brisiel either missed blocks or missed his assignment all together.

I expect this part of the O will get better this season. Even if a C/G isn't had this off-season our existing line should only get better after a complete season working together. I fully expect a complimentary RB to be drafted or picked up via FA.

:texflag:

5. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Pretty much sums it up. Myers and Brisiel were fine in between the 20's but when it came to red zone play the struggled to hold the point of attack. Plenty of Red Zone opportunities we just couldn't get in the end zone and had to settle for FGs.

IMO we should've run more stretch plays to the left where Pitts and Brown are good in Run blocking. OD is improving his blocking as well and Walter and Johnson are good in blocking as well.