Flashback blog:2006

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I was looking up Texan pictures and this comes up and curiosity got the best of me

[​IMG]

http://blog.kir.com/archives/2006_09.asp

2. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I like the top right corner of the picture... :cool:

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I didn't even notice that LOL

I always found it funny that people would spend hard earned money to come to a sporting game and then wear bags over their face.

It is amazing how "smart' kubiak looks after getting rid of Carr

4. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

The guy who writes that blog is more of a Astros baseball guy. It talks about bad coaching--but the ugliest stuff of Kubiak's first three games were on the defensive side of the ball. The transition to the 4-3 with not much talent, plus the questionable abilities of Richard Smith to build a defense, made you wonder if this might end up being the worst defense in the history of the NFL.

I had someone run the numbers. The defense wasn't the worst ever, but it was pretty danged bad. For those first three games, the Texans defense was by far the worst in the league.

If he didn't see improvement on the offensive side of the ball, he wasn't looking carefully. Anything would be an improvement over the Pendry offensive offense. in 2006, Ocho Viejo felt more comfortable with the scripted plays at the beginning of games, and then not so much.

We should get too smug about the continuous improvement of the team. I have few worries with the offense, but the defense is still a big question mark. Intriguing young talent with nice measurables and modern NFL body types, but they have to prove that they can rush the passer as an entire unit, stop the run, and not have a secondary that resembles overdone toast. The improvement of the defense has not been as marked as the improvement of the offense since Kubiak has come on board.

5. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Well, one thing I remember about that season is that the defense immediately improved when Petey Faggins came back from a foot injury in week 7. We went from awful to mediocre. He made a couple huge plays in the Jacksonville win (was that a shutout?)

6. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I do too. A beer does sound tasty right about now.

7. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

the beer wasn't the only thing that looked tasty