First Test For Kareem Jackson

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gary, Sep 12, 2010.

1. gary

gary Hall of Fame

What do you all think? I thoght he and Glover held up alright today. There was a play where he had his man covered pretty well in the endzone. I also think Smith and Mario helped him out by putting Peyton on his butt a few times. Your thoughts on KJ?

2. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

He has a lot of work to do. So do Quin and McCain. I'd probably rate them a C at best.

3. kcdoubleeagle

kcdoubleeagle Veteran

I was wondering what people thought, too...It looked like the young corners did well...but I did see that Peyton threw for 433 yards and 3 TD's.

4. Texas T

Texas T Hall of Fame

I think they did pretty good.
    Keep in mind that they are playing against the forehead and that's a tall order for any CB.
    We really don't have another QB of his caliber on the schedule until him again.
    I really think they'll be okay.

5. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Yes Kareem was consistantly getting beat by his man. It was pretty awful to watch. I was watching him the whole game because Manning kept going at him. As happy as I am about this first game this was definately a disappointment. He caught a few breaks with dropped balls and that forced fumble after he got beat bad.

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Hall of Fame

The bad thing about KJ: he got beat consistently against Garcon in the first half - good thing Garcon dropped a couple of passes.

The good things: he played real good against the run, good tacker. And: he played better as the game progressed. He still got much learning to do, but I think he will be a real asset to us as the season goes on.

7. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

When he throws the ball 57 times hes going to put up numbers. The DBs didn't play great but they did their job and the D-line was fantastic for the most part. They will get better and they will probably look better against people not named Peyton.

mattieuk likes this.
  8. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

Apparently in college he was known for having troulbe guarding the slant and it showed a few times today. He did OK, as it seems to be pretty much impossible to stop Peyton from nickel and diming his way up the field no matter who's on defense

9. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Peyton had 60 freaking attempts. He dinked and dunked except for that one huge play in garbage time

10. Scooter

Scooter Funky

IMO kareem played a pretty dang good game. we forced peyton to dink and dunk his way down the field and jackson made several good plays, including solid tackling.

he got lost on a couple of zones, but overall i was truely impressed.

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

It's Peyton Manning. He was behind all day and passed ALL GAME LONG. They weren't perfect, but I give them a LOT of credit for not completely blowing it.

Sure, I'll go with a C+, but just be ready to give them an A+ every time they are outstanding against below average QBs...

I don't imagine Robinson would have done any better than KJ. Probably worse...

12. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Yup, you're right. He threw an absurd about of times.

If he throws the 'usual' 30 times, then he looks like he had as bad a game as the rest of his horseshoes.

13. Rasputin

Rasputin Mystic

I'd say the young corners get about a 7 out of 10. Couldn't ask for a more difficult 1st test and they were standing victorious in the end.

14. Miggsy

Miggsy Tyrone Biggums

I think that was about as good a game as we could have expected out of the guy. Didn't give up the big plays (unless that last one was on him I don't know whose assignment that was).

I'm happy with him just on first glance so far.

15. PockyAF

PockyAF Site Contributor

Absolutely abysmal.

If Garcon wasn't suffering from butterfingers for most of the day, he would of had an absurd amount of yards as well as a couple of TDs today.

Our X-Factor today truly was the Colt's WRs; they were killing their teams early in the game. Consistently getting over the top of our DBs, as if they were on roller skates, and dropping the passes thrown to them. This is the reason why they couldn't extend their drive and punt often early on.

We were lucky they came out flat, or else I'm not sure we would had won the game. Hopefully, our DBs will become more refined after this game and heading forward, or else it will be a weakness that could be a downfall that could cost us many games.

BTW, that should have been an interception by Glover Quin. He got screwed out of his first NFL interception.

16. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Considering we were up against Manning today, I think they did fairly well.

Our best defensive players of the day were Colt wide recievers dropping balls and Arian Foster. LOL

Oh yeah, and that big tall guy knocking The Forehead down.

17. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

Considering they played against a 2 time NFL MVP and probably one of, if not the best QB in the NFL, not bad day for them...

Manning is Manning and he is gonna get his yards. Now had someone like Jason Cambell or someone like that got 400+ yards on the secondary, then I would be concerned....

18. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

Did you notice Manning taking 3 step drops pretty much the 4th quarter? Manning HATES to get hit and he got hit often today....

19. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I have to admit the bolded is a good point. More credit to the pass rushers, because, even though those were catchable passes, Manning would normally put those in Garcon's sweet spot and not let him screw up.

Guess Manning isn't perfect when he's getting choked while passing. :strangle: :)

20. Scooter

Scooter Funky

4 time MVP (in the last 7 years), but yeah.