Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

First Round Signings????

BuffSoldier

Veteran
Does anyone know anything about Robinson's of Babin's agents, and if they have started contract negotiations? :um: If so how are the negotiations going, is any one close to making a deal. Because Id hate to see us turn out like some of those other teams who cant get their top picks signed until the middle of training camp. We were able to sign both Carr and AJ before training camp started and I would like to see that tradition continued with Dunta and Jason. :hmmm:

Nothing yet. Typically nothing much happens with the first rounders, particulary high picks, until it's close to camp time. They are all waiting for others to set the price level so they can play off of it.

As edo said, the 1st's won't typically get signed until the last weeks before training camp. Look for the signings to be basically in reverse order of the draft. For example the first person signed last year was 7th rounder Curry Burns on June 4th extending to AJ being signed July 22nd, which was actually a little early compared to other 1st's and actually came before Peek and Joppru signed.

Well, there is only a couple months before camp. I am sure they will get signed though.Both of our 1st rounders were not projected as high as they went. I would think it is safe to assume they are going to settle faster than Eli Manning.

ccdude730 said:
i read that carr was signed the same day he was drafted, any truth to that?
Carr was the 1st pick--absent bizarre circumstances such as this year with San Diego and Manning, the team with the 1st pick is allowed to negotiate, but not execute, a contract with the player they want. That is what happened with Carr and last year with Palmer.

Back