First news of Madden 06

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by YodAa, Apr 13, 2005.

1. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

2. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

nice but i really didnt see that much of a difference between McNabb and Vicks vision. Whats all about the x button on ps2 only being sprint now?

3. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

To be honest, that sounds pretty stupid. If they want to implement a feature like that, they should take away the hovering buttons over a players head and just make the QB focus on a single target.

4. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

You didn't notice how much narrower Vick's vision was? McNabbs covered like 1/4 of the field where as Vick's was more like 1/8th of the field.

5. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

I guess its safe to say that the cover boy will most likely be a QB with good vision. Hope its Manning he'll either break a leg or get herpes and then the Texans can take the AFC South.

6. BigBang

BigBang Cymbal Hero

Ok. I feel a little better for seeing that, too. I'm looking forward to it. I'm just hoping I can translate my dominance in EXPN NFL 2K5 to Madden 2006.

7. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Seems pretty stupid to me...Hopefully there's an option to turn it off...

8. 281

281 Hall of Fame

...The gameplay is always great, but I've been waiting for the graphics to improve for years... :whistle:

9. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

And the NFL awarded these guys the exclusive license? Unless there is even more improvement to the game, i'll just hope for 2K5 content downloads from X-Box live.

10. MojoX

MojoX Veteran

I hope they implement the feature well. Supposedly, if you lock on to a receiver the defense will get a slight incease in awareness. However, if you look-off the defense by locking on to one receiver then switching and throwing to another, the D will get a slight decrease.

Also, once the receivers complete their routes, their icons disappear--except the icons over receivers in your field of vision.

I like the idea. I hope it makes the total game better and doesn't imbalance gameplay (like the super linebackers did last year). Since EA decided to cut the foundation from under the competition, it's not like I have options for playing video football this fall. :(

11. MojoX

MojoX Veteran

Yeah... I really hope both the graphics and physics get redone in the next generation.

12. Rosusu

Rosusu All Pro

I just got Madden 05 I am not ready for 06 yet!

13. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

This game looks exactly like last year's game :wacko:

Just another Madden game with updated rosters :thumbdown

14. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

It looks like they've finally included some head tracking for the receivers and CB's, so they watch the ball when they're running to catch it, instead of using their psychic powers to find it.

15. Blake

Blake MMQB

Ive never liked Madden. And 06 looks just like 05, and 04. I hope they enjoy their monopoly.

16. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

I'll reserve judgment until I play it. Glad to here the WR/CB players now track the ball with their head.

17. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

How about ESPN 2k6, any news?

18. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

EA essientially has a stranglehold on the NFL games now. From my understanding they've got the only official license to produce games for the NFL. Also I think they purchased or bought out the ESPN 2k.. franchise so they'll be able to use ESPN styled presentation in their games.

19. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

My understanding is that Madden has exclusive rights to official NFL trademarks or whatever. Also, when ESPN's current contract expires next year, EA will begin a deal with ESPN that will allow them to use ESPN's likeness and media in their games. That means Madden 2007 will probably include new ESPN presentation as well as the next-gen graphics. My suspicion is that 2006 will show even less improvement than in years before, they're probably working (and have been for some time) on making a knockout 2007 for the next-gen consoles that will really blow away any competition. It's early, but I'm really disappointed with the graphics in those SS's. It looks almost identical to '05.

Since EA has the rights to the NFL's content, sega's ESPN line of NFL games can no longer use any of the teams or players in the NFL. They can still make a football game, potentially even with retired NFL players as far as I know, and they very well could be developing a football game, it just won't be an NFL game.

20. Dionysus22

Dionysus22 Veteran

Don't really play Madden anymore. I'm all about NCAA Football. I like the fact I won't have the same team for like ten years if I wanted. I know free agency helps prevent SOME of it but in NCAA you know you're players are gone in four years. Or if they're really good, they leave early. But I do enjoy a good Vick/McNabb match-up.