Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

First 2005 NFL draft Poll of the Season.

#13 (IF YOU PICK A PLAYER WITH DROP DOWN, YOU GET AN EXTRA 2ND ROUND PICK.

• Total voters
I took Davis because I think he is the best VALUE at #13. While a player like Wright fills a more desperate need, I think he is rated too high.

If we keep the pick, ahmad brooks would be my first choice, followed by rod wright, and then thomas davis. Id much rather trade down, pick up carlos rogers, marcus spears or jammal brown (also will be a late 1st rd pick), and get an extra second to load up on offensive and defensive lineman.

We need a DT in the worst way with Payne's chronic injuries... He probably won't even be back for next season, anyway.

I couldn't really decide at first, but settled on Ronnie Brown since I think of it as the safest pick that could really help us out the quickest as well as longterm. Fast, physical back that can block and catch out of the backfield. I like DD but he could be a lot better as a compimentary RB to keep both of them fresher late in the game.

Haven't seen Crowder play, so no real reason for me to pick him other than we need another MLB.

Although our OL has its issues, I don't think T is the biggest problem and with another year Wand and Wade should hopefully keep us from attending Carr's funeral (if the interior is fixed up anyway).

A great SS would be nice but at 13 overall, I'll take a franchise RB over a SS.

Edwards is a good one but our WRs are pretty good if Carr can just get enough time to throw them the ball.

I like Kiwanuka but at 13 overall, converting him to OLB is a huge gamble.

Ahmad Brooks, I was thinking he would play MLB for us and if that was the case I might consider it, but I haven't seen him play at all.

I hear Wright is most likely staying at Texas, and I think we could get a decent DT in the 2nd round.

Heath Miller - We can get a TE later on if Joppru can't play.

My biggest conflict was with Carlos Rogers. He's a fast, physical CB and it was difficult to pick between the two, but finally went with Brown.

One guy that I was kind of surprised to not see on the list is Marlin Jackson, who I could definitely see Casserly picking since Jackson played some Safety and plays very physical just like Dunta.

Huge said:
Carlos Rogers and an extra 2nd rounder?

That's a no-brainer.

I have to agree its a No-Brainer , With A.Glenn getting older / slower there is a need for another corner and NOT another 5'9" corner . @ 6'0" 210 Rogers fits the bill . He has good cover ability , good speed and good tackling ability , throw in the second rounder and its a no brainer even with the Texans other glaring needs .... OL / DL / ILB

yeah definitely either carlos rogers and a extra 2nd rounder or ILB ahmad brooks

i like the idea of drafting thomas davis and using him as a ROLB

i thought about Wright as well, but like mentioned earlier i don't think he is as good of value at that spot

ultimately i decided on ahmad brooks to play ilb along side sharper, but kind of wishing i could change it to rogers and the 2nd rounder haha

MIGHTYTEX said:
select Wright and move him to DE and move Smith in to NT.

I am amost starting to wonder if that was in the mix for the Texans all along. Payne's contract up...slide Smith to DT. Draft a quality DE.
Hmmmm...

I emailed Scott Wright at nfldraftcountown.com, and he basically said that Thomas Davis is the best fit for houston. Followed by either an OL, or DL.

That would form a pretty nice secondary in the AFC south aka: Gunslingers Arena.

Dunta Robinson
Aaron Glenn
Marus Coleman
Thomas Davis

Then go with Haloti Ngata, DT, 2nd round.
And Ben Wilkerson, Center, 3rd round.

I picked Wright! It's been touched on in other threads on this forum but I feel that Payne won't be back next season and if we were to draft a quality DE, we could slide Smith inside. I also like Davis, that would form a very good backfield with Coleman, Robinson and Glenn. I feel that our OT's isn't as big of a problem as people make it out to be but we do need OL help, but it's the interrior line that hurts us more than anything. Drafting a linebacker in the first round is not a smart way to go. Wong is comming off his best season and Babin is comming along nicely. Now what I was thinking and had been thinking is if the Texans were tp release Foreman and moveWong inside with Sharper and play Peek and Babin outside. Something to think about!

Carlos Rogers to start grooming behind Glenn, then grab Hlatoi Ngata and Eric Shelton in the second. grab a Center and maybe another good looking Dline prospect in the third.

that would be a pretty good draft to me. we would have addressed the needs at CB, Dline, and Center.. and picked up a big workhorse kind of RB to test out.

Hulk75 said:
the DE from Boston College is a FREAK you could put that guy anywere on the field. OLB DE MLB........he is 6-7 270lbs.

Hell yes,
This is guy is the second comming of Jevon Kearse...hopefully he can avoid the injury bug. I'd line him up at OLB and rush the hell out of the QB.

Back