Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Fire Romeo Crennel ASAP

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texansballer74, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

I don't know about firing RAC, but a Jacksonville thread better be posted soon. It's a short week.

2. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

There are only two ways to deal with elite QBs. Either you cover their receivers so well they have to throw into a crowd or you put them under so much pressure they have to make the snap and the throw pretty much one motion and can’t stop to think about it. We don’t have the talent to win 1v1 with receivers so that just means be on the QB like a pack of starving wolves on a deer.

3. TxnsJuggernaut1

TxnsJuggernaut1 Rookie

I think letting Omenihu play a decent amount of snaps would have helped.

4. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

I’m excited about him. While i like blackson, Dunn, Watson and reader they’re all big slow guys. We need some more athleticism and quickness on that line.

TxnsJuggernaut1 likes this.
  5. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Every time I see this thread title I keep wondering who is Ronnie Crennel... :troll:

6. TxnsJuggernaut1

TxnsJuggernaut1 Rookie

Romeo Crennels identical twin brother. It is supposed to be a secret that Romeo's identical twin brother took over the defense this season.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    CWTexansFan likes this.
  7. TexHorns

TexHorns Veteran

I would definitely give this Ronnie guy the boot! Can someone explain who Ronnie is?

CWTexansFan and TxnsJuggernaut1 like this.
  8. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

I believe he was injured.

9. TxnsJuggernaut1

TxnsJuggernaut1 Rookie

Thanks. I Hope he gets well and can contribute to the team real soon.

10. TxnsJuggernaut1

TxnsJuggernaut1 Rookie

The identical twin brother of Romeo Crennel?

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

11. deucetx

deucetx All Pro

My issues with Romeo were before this game. His "bend but not break" approach eats us alive against the more talented QB's which are the guys we have to contain to actually win something of significance. As we all know he has his corners so far off the ball it becomes a routine joke. It's okay to do this at times of course. As someone who played the spot and coached some youngsters I learned there are just some guys who reacted to the offense and covered better this way. Problem is we do this consistently. I still remember last year when most of us noted we were defending someone within ten yards of the goal and our corners were in the middle of the endzone. Or a 3rd and 4 and our guy was ten yards back. That makes no sense what so ever.

The other issue is the lack of creativity. This last game alone I would applaud the Saints D coordinator for his various blitz and stunt packages versus our own. There is no Clowney which means Watt will get what he had in that game. Double team, schemes specifically just built for him, tight end chip blocks. Saints spoke about the gameplan they used on him. Well...ok. So where is everyone else? How can the right guard so easily take an interior step to make sure the center is holding his own then move to help the right tackle with Watt? Why isn't anyone hitting that gap to force Watt in one on one's or expose the gap that came from that blocking scheme? They did it several times in the game and we did nothing to take advantage.

Crennel just doesn't seem to adapt. He holds to whatever his plan is going into the game and adjustments don't seem to happen often enough to catch an offense off guard. At least not offenses we must learn to deal with if we want something more than a AFC South title and swift exit.

12. Texansfan69

Texansfan69 Rookie

Just like the NE game 2 years ago, the Philly game last year. The Seattle game....

13. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

Title is fixed

14. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Myopicone

I like having more than one game plan ready and switching it up at halftime, even if the first one had been working. Saints adjusted, Romeo never did. I have to wonder when they watched the tape if they saw the scheme was still ok but Colvin made it have too weak of a link. I think the Saints diagnosed the scheme and targeted the weak link though

15. Dejaview

Dejaview All Pro

Did Lonnie Johnson play? I’ve got to learn all the new numbers. Martin didn’t see much action either. RAC has said so many times he does not like to play rookies because they make rookie mistakes.

16. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Myopicone

LJ only played special team snaps. Look for Roby to move inside and LJ get some snaps unless the new slot corner signed is somehow ready and they see that stronger

17. Dejaview

Dejaview All Pro

Yeah things are still sorting out. Pretty good game considering all the last minute changes. That new slot corner has some jets as does Johnson. We could really use LJ’s attitude now. Tighten that up, plug in Howard and hopefully Roderick and just start jelling.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  18. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

play your draft picks!! Only guy who got burn was the special teamer. No Sharping, No Lonnie Johnson, No Omenihu, No Howard (injury)

CWTexansFan likes this.
  19. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

You can't just create a game plan and then that's what we are sticking with come hell or high scores. The best offenses, and no I'm not including the Texans in that, switch it up not even have half time but play to play to learn what works. Brady is not a great example because he's Brady but its all I have time to think of right now. If a defense shuts down Brady's short pass he goes to the long bomb, if they shut down that he goes to the short pass, if they manage to shut down the pass altogether that start running it. That's the kind of stuff you have to deal with.

People compare it to chess but I don't like that comparison because in chess but sides are equal and both players have a plan they tend to stick to. I compare it more to poker, you may have better cards than the other guy but if he plays his hand better and makes you scare to bet then he is going to win no matter what the cards are. RAC looked scared to bet in that game and NO upped the bet till he folded. Didn't help that Brees is always an ace you know they are holding.

20. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Exactly Needed to be reposted. RAC just doesn’t make adjustments. For that matter neither does OB but let’s not get off topic.